Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Rayman Origins would have been excellent if the last (steampunk) world wasn't so fucking rage inducing. Even the land of the livid dead wasn't as fucking frustrating as that one.

I just dislike the mosquito segments in general, but don't recall any frustrating platforming in the last world. Do you mean the chase at the end? I thought that was easier than land of the livid dead, and not much different than the other chases.

Pretty sure at this point that I'm the only person on the Codex who liked WC3's grafix, art and story. Still looks good to me today, I guess because 3 was the first Warcraft I played (only played SC/BW before that) and thus I had no point of reference to compare it to.

I like it as well. And it's basically the game aesthetic as in Stacraft, just ripping off Warhammer Fantasy instead of 40k, and in the case of WC3, with blocky 3D instead of pretty sprites. The blockiness fits the style pretty decently though.

Also, in terms of gameplay, WC3 is the last outstanding Blizzard game.

A user named cat

KW1pdJB.jpg

A0fkvzK.jpg

pbUG2OW.jpg

CgJspkp.jpg

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I just dislike the mosquito segments in general, but don't recall any frustrating platforming in the last world. Do you mean the chase at the end? I thought that was easier than land of the livid dead, and not much different than the other chases.

Nah, the chase was alright.

But I went for 100% progress in the game, with all speed runs and full scores, and you know how that was in the last world? HELL. LIVING FUCKING HELL. ESPECIALLY in the starting mosquito segment, Jesus Christ.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Continuing my first time OFP playthrough:

b6WU729.jpg

Finished :) "Killdozer".

Got stuck on the this Mission for a while.
Managed to secure the first two locations with no damage, but that last town was tough.

4 T-80 & and 2 T-72, plus AT Soldiers.

:negative: Ouch...

Lost one tank, and all the rest were heavily damaged...

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I also don't get the joke.
All I rember about that game is FUCK THOSE GODSUCKINGMAGGOTWRACKED DOGS
:x

Phantasmal
Is that Shadow Tower Abbys? I was looking for it but after fall of snsrama there is no way to get it. Not to mentions english translation.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I got past the dogs but now I'm stuck on some shitty enforced stealth mission with a helicopter that can magically machine gun you through the side of a mountain and several inches of reinforced steel bunker. Might uninstall it for real if I can't get past this. From what I've read, the levels don't get any more interesting and you spend most of the game in factory/POW camp/army camp settings. If I want a pretty trench warfare simulator I can play the first part of NecroVisioN.
Yeah, game have so many death traps that' sometimes strange.
And yeah, Necrovision is my fav FPS despite shitty graphic (HDR+bloom, ugh) because kicking krautz and shooting with bolt action rifles is pure fun.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

yellowcake

Arcane
I remember playing this game back then and loving the sandboxy gameplay of the trenches/open fields sections and hating the rest, which unfortunately was the majority.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
dat mission

xjpxnrw.jpg

do you see that thing on the ground

YWLpN7f.jpg

and in my inventory

ItrLoAw.jpg

BOWEL MOVEMENT PROBLEM

Y9zF46u.jpg

This guy's shit is all over the fucking level

Uane79o.jpg

shit everywhere

Dbs7nxB.jpg

Also, if you use the shit when it's selected in your inventory... YOU EAT IT
WITH A HEARTY CRUNCHING SOUND

the fuck is this FM

A user named cat

Phantasmal
Is that Shadow Tower Abbys? I was looking for it but after fall of snsrama there is no way to get it. Not to mentions english translation.

EDIT: Also try theisozone :P
Yep, you can get the pre-patched ISO from isozone. Just Google for the download and it should be the first result.

I can't play it for long periods of time though, starts giving me motion sickness. Must be something about how you slowly pan around plus the visuals since I'm fine with most FPSes.

Pretty interesting game though. It's like a combination of Dark/Demon Souls and King's Field, you can definitely tell where their minds were heading. Enemy respawning is quite annoying though especially with equipment degradation, I'm currently exploring in circles trying to progress deeper to no avail. However I dig the combat system since you can dismember monsters and each type reacts differently. Certain foes will continue fighting even after being beheaded, swinging aimlessly and relentlessly in your general direction. Quite entertaining :D

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Delenda est Carthago!

rC6JgPw.jpg

The Carthaginians anticipated my cunning plan of landing Elephants on the beaches of Carthage:

nF26g8j.jpg

First attack was repulsed. One more fleet would have done it.

3ufhyis.jpg

Fortunately I had reserves on strategically important Malta, and two years later Carthage falls:

4BNSGYv.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom