Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DraQ

Arcane
Looking through Pixel Pirates screenshots.
It reminds me of a mod for Cortex Command where you are effectively controlling a bunch of space mercs flying a spaceship around a bunch of places and doing shit.

That sounds way cooler than it probably is in reality. What mod are you referring to?
Void Wanderers.

Also, is Cortex Command gotten more polished lately or is it back into the lingering realms of limbo?
The game itself is the latter (although there are some hints of interesting stuff coming in next updates), the mods OTOH...

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014

What game is that? It looks kinda familiair

Return_to_Castle_Wolfenstein_Coverart.jpg

I knew it. I played that game to death a few years ago.. loved it

Same here. The MP, for me, was the best online run and gun action I've ever experienced. Oh those were the days.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I personally thought RTCW was a bit disappointing when it came out. I guess it was mostly because the name made you expect something a bit more... ambitious? In the end you got a solid early 2000's FPS with some really cool parts, but it just didn't have the same kind of effect as many other shooters that were released around the same time. Of course, the decline makes you appreciate those games a bit more.

DraQ

Arcane
I personally thought RTCW was a bit disappointing when it came out. I guess it was mostly because the name made you expect something a bit more... ambitious? In the end you got a solid early 2000's FPS with some really cool parts, but it just didn't have the same kind of effect as many other shooters that were released around the same time. Of course, the decline makes you appreciate those games a bit more.
:bro:

More or less my opinion.
The electricity effects look kind of neat, though, there also was at least one burning building with impressive looking flames (I think you fought a tank nearby).

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
ai9Pqc.jpg

Stand still, motherfucker, I hate to waste perfectly good arrows.

2VRsqi.jpg

The scene is eerie as hell when you realise that the only sound you hear is the flag flapping in the wind.

Ccw4q6.jpg

: PS:T :

HVGoWg.jpg

I like how the protagonist doesn't seem to be at all surprised or shocked by the events happening around him.

NOWP8w.jpg

Hello there, sir Skellington

y5T5sJ.jpg

At first I was worried the black/white colours would need some serious fiddling with the hue sliders, but fuck, the visuals actually turn out superfucking good and atmospheric at times, despite being UE3.

rBSQs8.jpg

:what:

UOQviI.jpg

This guy lobbing fuckhueg stones at me from afar was the last thing I noticed before he got to me up close and clobbered me to death in one hit.

Betrayer gets a Darth Roxor seal of approval so far, and I have barely played for just under 2 hours :5/5:

Last edited:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Betrayer too
HlIj1lM.jpg

juCtVJm.jpg

he2F7Ll.jpg

The following are nice shots but they are from the final level, so you might not want to look at them until you've completed the game. They don't spoil the story itself, though.
rrF4Mjb.jpg

fZIZtUe.jpg

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The Saboteur already did the "return colour to black & white areas after killing nazis & zombies".

This game doesn't do that. You can choose whether you want to play in black and white or color from the options menu. The color doesn't return as you clear areas.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
It looks interdasting but how hard is it on your eyes?

I thought it was gonna be a pain before starting, but I'm playing on default colours and my eyes don't melt. But even if your delicate baby eyes get strained, there are 3 different sliders for adjusting colours, brightness and darkness.

Also moar

jeOMER.jpg

uZznYO.jpg

FQLLun.jpg

0YUC8K.jpg

I really love piecing the story together from all those conversations and strewn around papers.

BS9AF7.jpg

Warning: injuns could be hiding in every bush

TK4tY9.jpg

Now that's a whole lotta niggers spaniards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom