Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Turjan

Arcane
I actually hate most sidescrollers. But here those forcedly stupid texts have some weird charm. This could work on the Codex:

8C8F5CE55E25B472DD62E90369EB6DAC8519B096

D99177E3B7C276EA234DA264DF0A02D310F515FC

Yeah. Unfortunately, the game itself is boring.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Daikashana
Damn, I forgot about that bunch of FPS games released on it and fact that there was also Romero's magnum opus.

Anyway - what kind of witchery you're doing? What device, emulation etc.
How the BaduGate work anyway? I saw some IE emulator and was tempted to grab some device but stopped with Kindle...
Lenovo IdeaTab A1000-F.
I have a couple of emulators installed (epsxe, others), and almost all games I tried work fine.

PS1 games are emulated at full speed with occasional slowdowns for a second or so (specifically in Koudelka, when enemies are doing some crap with visual effects). I only created a character in Baldur's Gate PS1 port (too lazy to install GemRB), didn't go into the gameplay yet. I'm mostly interested in turn-based games, because fighting games (Thrill Kill) aren't good for that kind of control. That is, unless I get a bluetooth gamepad.
NDS games run fine, but 3D games have awful screen tearing issues.
N64 games run good, but some games have issues of frame skipping is on. Doom64 and Quake had issues too, while Perfect Dark, GoldenEye and Daikatana ran pretty good. Some graphical issues in StarCraft too, but I have no fucking clue if they're fixable. Also, shitty control scheme with unremappable buttons destroy all the fun.
SNES/Sega MD games run pretty good, can't say much more about them.

Also, Deus Ex: The Fall runs like shit on my tablet, while Shadowrun Returns doesn't scale good for my screen resolution (1024x600). While those old console games look pretty nice.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lotsa derping around in Kenshi-
1024x575.resizedimage

1024x575.resizedimage

1024x575.resizedimage

1024x575.resizedimage

Oddly I ain't too bugged by the sight of desert everywhere.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Was getting a tad bored so I decided to build a fort.

HSDhUk5.jpg

Annotated:

EX6Q3nC.jpg

The Killdozer received a few upgrades, namely
1. Full military armor on the outside, as well as the driver seat and crafting stations (after a mine blew up my F00DCO I decided to play it safe)
2. Set of four 34" armored wheels
3. V12 11L engine pulled from a sports car (I ran with a 15L for a while but it was too greedy on gas), and a large electric motor
4. 12 reinforced upgraded solar panels + 2 quantum solar panels

cSQbBaE.jpg

Fuck you turret.

t9S6HqP.jpg

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Js9rgLR.jpg

Pirates Ahoy by Christine. First mission of this campaign is fucking excellent, a typical Christine city mission with many houses to rob, next three missions are... not bad, but they just don't work in a Thief game. Tropical pirate island setting just doesn't fit to this game at all.

Worth playing anyway just for the first mission.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
that looks pretty generic

wow here's a photo of trees it'll make a bitchin background after photoshoppin

SoupNazi

that looks pretty generic

wow here's a photo of trees it'll make a bitchin background after photoshoppin
my thoughts exactly, see nothing special about that

probably wouldn't even stop to look at any scene while playing, that is assuming the gameplay is any good (doubtful)

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pirates Ahoy by Christine. First mission of this campaign is fucking excellent, a typical Christine city mission with many houses to rob, next three missions are... not bad, but they just don't work in a Thief game. Tropical pirate island setting just doesn't fit to this game at all.
The Pirates Ahoy series was just a big 'Meh' experience as I recall. Flat, visually uninteresting and utterly predictable (there are undead pirates on a pirate ship guarding a pirate map to a pirate cave that has... a pirate treasure?). It also lacks a diabetes mechanic for all the cakes and pies and frosted bagels Garrett can collect and devour.

OTOH, no kidding about The Widow' Ire you mentioned in the other thread. Still in the first mission, but it is every bit a classic. More later, but it's the most fun thieving experience I've had in a while. The gameplay is pitch perfect and the setting is very cool in its low-res way.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Pirates Ahoy series was just a big 'Meh' experience as I recall. Flat, visually uninteresting and utterly predictable (there are undead pirates on a pirate ship guarding a pirate map to a pirate cave that has... a pirate treasure?). It also lacks a diabetes mechanic for all the cakes and pies and frosted bagels Garrett can collect and devour.

OTOH, no kidding about The Widow' Ire you mentioned in the other thread. Still in the first mission, but it is every bit a classic. More later, but it's the most fun thieving experience I've had in a while. The gameplay is pitch perfect and the setting is very cool in its low-res way.

The amount of sweets you can find and eat is actually comparatively low for a Christine mission. I don't remember which of her FMs it was, but one has a funny readable in a guard station where a guard basically replies to a theft complaint "it's completely impossible that someone broke into your house and plundered your food stores, because nobody could eat THAT much in one night!"

And the guy who made Widow's Ire is likely making another FM. Really looking forward to it. You'll be surprised by the second mission, it has a very awesome WTF-moment with a rather surreal area.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Tired eyes and a little pot-belly. Did you pull this from an actual photo of me?

War made a man out of you. Meet our first soldier to attain Commander rank after raiding an alien base :salute:

A593B90FDB2DDCB1DB261BFA764842EACC632876

Major Hellraiser was highest rank for quite a while, and still kill leader. [Edit]Hellraiser just became our second Commander :salute:[/Edit] The only other survivors of the original linup are Captain Berekän and Major SMA, who got sent to Kwanzania to train the backup squad.

D35A8AD5E49B8D41FE689949D4E28924F4BD5441

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom