Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Prince of Persia Classic

FNUnqba.png

03KF3jO.png

85ob7P4.png

oMo67Sx.png

bBMWlVa.png

lOtuO7B.png

Pj8781b.png

vfdykz7.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Seems like xeno session is opened...
That autopsy, fleshes... too human to me. Not enough alienated feelings....

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
Fooling around with ZX Spectrum emulator, my first gaming machine. Lovely times.

First stop, Lorenzo Lamas.

2PO4w8r.png

Then, city of Detroit.

C1of6Qo.png

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Started playing Darklands for the first time today... I spent a couple of hours going over the manual, hint book and reference card,then checking codexian advice on approach. Spent 3 hours playing with character creation. Very nice! Here is my party for the first pass.

Vikus Van Der Werme - Named after Vikus from District9

Born a noble, spent some time at study before becoming a master alchemist and linguist who dabbles at prose. He can also "make a good leg". Quite slick with the ladies, Vikus prefers to survey the din of battle from a distance.
wikus_1.png

Deitrich Von Bern - Named after one of Germany's most famous Knight heroes.

A nobleman and soldier, he has dedicated his life to the pursuit of his martial craft. Unfortinately, he's a hot head and dullard.
deitrich_1.png

Brumhilde Von Bitch - Nun extraordinaire

She is quite prickly for one so acquainted with the divine. In spite of her methods, she is favoured by the gods and has been blessed with soothing hands. Some say her tart tone springs from her upper class upbringing.
Brumhilde_1.png

Josef Allerberger - Named after Germany's famous WW2 sniper.

A skilled hunter, bowman and tracker, he has exceptional survival and stealth skills and is deadly with his long pole. Most comfortable in the wilderness, Josef is a loner and reluctant companion.
josef_1.png

That took several hours... quite interesting so far. I will keep a loose record of my playthrough and post here periodically.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Game Dev Tycoon dump

The screenshots don't tell everything important about the games I've made, so I'll try to add descriptions whenever they're really important.

My school adventure game:
1024x580.resizedimage

My science fiction RPG:
1024x580.resizedimage

1024x580.resizedimage

Sugar Ray is pleased.
tumblr_mtj6f1I5ZE1st3lq1o1_1280.jpg

The eventual sequel:
1024x580.resizedimage

1024x580.resizedimage

Sugar Ray is displeased.
tumblr_n2qk3hZx0S1st3lq1o1_1280.jpg

A city building simulation for everyone!:
1024x580.resizedimage

Well, it does what it says on the tin, I guess.
1024x580.resizedimage

But I get away with it because of help from my publisher.

My UFO strategy game:
1024x580.resizedimage

subotaiy

Cipher
Tome4, very addicting; my 5th cursed, but not going to give up, this class is so much fun:
EcaT0D8.jpg

Don't worry buddy, I'l save you.

65EVCJu.jpg

Thanks for the armor, asshole. It fits nicely with my theme.

q6vB92R.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
What's for dinner steve?
eating.jpg

You mean noodles ain't cheap?!

BGI%202014-03-30%2018-56-53-99.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
More Xenonauts. Captain Hellraiser is a fucking supermutant
015EC63493364B2B762DB905030D12C8FE74E8A7

[edit]

*Major* Hellraiser is a monster
58BFF2F1656FE9D3E876AB192373287AD6A9785A

Hellraiser. when you absolutely have to acquire (A)wesome, accept no substitute:
63A74FE1EEAB00BE6C508FB073819AA4A0A007F9

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
More trips into Nippon...
Sunshine City!
01.jpg

02.jpg

Japanese Pizza
03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Later...

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

What can change the nature of imouto?
09.jpg

Have you considered psychiatric help for her?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Back to the best game ever

Xq0gKz.jpg

Consorting with otherworldly titans?

HERESY!

at least it got me sum spellz

m2bRYR.jpg

So take

WsEfd5.jpg

these broken wings

n0Inio.jpg

and learn to fly again!

Cmr3Pc.jpg

BLOOP BLOOP BUBBLE BUBBLE BUBBLE :decline:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Scrooge kindly gifted me Omegalodon, a multi-player game where you are a giant mutated shark and must destroy the city's nuclear power plant, while other players are either police & military trying to kill you or eco-guys LIBRULS! trying to keep you alive. Fucking awesome, right? NO.

Although the map is quite big, you're rail-roded by indestructible green laser barriers and must follow the most obnoxious red quest compass ever, navigating across the entire maze-like path. At the slowest fucking speed ever.

bcSCelJ.jpg

Hey, the reactor is just over there, I'll-
WAT, MY GIANT MUTATED SHARK CAN'T CROSS THIS NARROW PUDDLE OF WATER AND MUST GO AROUND? (also, note the first appearance of another player trying to kill me)

6UVcWny.jpg

Such interesting scenario, full of things to destroy... exactly what I want from a game about giant monsters.

uRhMTHL.jpg

FINALLY, some buildings to destroy. You have to do this, as for some reason you take damage over time, and destroying buildings is the only way to heal. Sadly, is boring as hell, since you only have 2 very slow attacks that feel like you're petting the building...

YBiZB00.jpg

Well, at least now I can go back to reaching the goddamn Reactor and-

RGflsej.jpg

:cmcc:

So... I loved your gift Scrooge-chan, it's my new favorite game ever. <3

:tips fedora:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I am glad you like it so much. I should have warned you :lol:
I think this game was supposed to be something else, much bigger, then got crippled and released as it is... not only there's a lot of work on the graphics of the city, but you can do stuff like fly commercial airplanes and sail cargo boats, things that have no application on the game...

But honestly, I had fun with the game for a while... not playing it "right", but with everyone in the game joining as soldiers and killing each other just for lulz:

0A0Ess2.jpg

zHeVJPp.jpg

There's a certain charm in being driving a tank, trying to shot down a helicopter, then a retard crashes a Boeing on your head and everyone dies. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom