Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by potatojohn, May 21, 2012.

1. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    Shadow Hearts 3

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Well, I did the same when I played it :troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Shit, I must try DivDiv again. Played it three times, reached crypt parts in first village and always lost interest in playing again. Don't get me wrong, it's really fun game.

^ Top  
  4. warpig Incel Resistance Leader Manlet

warpig
    The Fall:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Popamolin'
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    What's with all these crosses? Man that's deep.

[​IMG]
    I liked it. It looks like a platformer but the gameplay resesmbles a point and click adventure game (with good puzzles imo) mixed with a bit of shooting. The only downside is, that it's very short (about 4 hours). At the end it says "to be contiued", so I hope there will be more of it.

BONUS: after uploading files to imgur there was some sort of bug these photos got mixed with my screenshots, enjoy:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  5. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    You don't look bad at all warpig :)

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Seerix Arbiter

Seerix
    Some Kerbal Space Program shenanigans:
    Show Spoiler

<==>
    Close flyby over curious canyon-like formation on the Mun
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Amusing structural failure
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Attempt at getting 'low' flyby over Kerbol, was really lucky to bring this kerbal back to Kerbin
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    First succesful landing on the Mun
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Another structural fuckup
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    But managed to recover main vessel
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Surveying catastrophic failure in progress
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Attempt at designing proper space plane
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Seems successful
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Atmospheric entry effects are pretty
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    But I doubt this design would survive in realistic physics environment
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Succesful landing, not for the engine though
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Glitch
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Miscalculation in staging led somehow to one of the SFBs getting stuck with one of the upper stages, suspecting a spaceglue prank by one of the maintenance technicians
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Landing a space plane on airless body like Minmus is very satisfying
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    Taking off from it just like a plane is also fun
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    I could even land it properly on the ground if I payed more attention
    [​IMG]
    ==>
    But at least it didn't suffered any damage which is unusual for splashdowns
    [​IMG]
    <==>

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Essegi Cipher

Essegi
    Risk Of Rain
    Finally i bought it. I suddenly liked it when i played demo for an hour.
    Character may seem too little, but that has never remotely been an issue for gameplay.

[​IMG]
    That's the starting survivor. First one is the standard ability, other ones have a cicle time... Nice the presence of a difensive one.

[​IMG]
    You start with the bar set to very easy. Time passes and things get worse...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Enemies spawn constantly, but after activating teleport the boss spawns and after 90 seconds enemy spawn is blocked.
    That's the fourth type of boss i've seen, it can't jump so it has been really easy.

[​IMG]
    That missiles are a very nice upgrade, they are fired automatically when you hit enemies (and not just when you fire).

[​IMG]
    I've found the tesla uprade that hurts nearby enemies. So i sticked in a rope and damaged enemies since that types couldn't really harm me while i was above.
    Farm chance? Maybe. Useful hanging in here? Definetly not.

[​IMG]
    That is an easy boss... But there are 2, place is small, there are enemies (some with seeking rockets), respawn. I was slowly working on colossus, but i died before completing the opera...

[​IMG]
    At least i unlocked this one, a ne heavy character. I feels different to play.

Imho, at last after 2 hours of play:
    great atmosphere
    great music
    excellent gameplay
    abilities are cool
    very nice powerups
    levels are random but they feel well built
    the character i unlocked feel different by default one (and i've read some comments that also other characters have their own meaning)
    it's hard but not so blasphemy inducing
    respawn is not an issue but a mechanics
    i like the pace, not slow but somewhat pondered and not too fast
    to me, it looks wonderful
    i even like the name

1 word: cool!
    Maybe it could become repeptitive, but after 2 hours i feel i'm just at the beginning... There's also local and net coop (by local i mean on same pc).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  8. balmorar Arcane Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy

balmorar
    Star Trek: Klingon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  9. Atomic Augur

Atomic
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    :hmmm:

^ Top  
  10. potatojohn Arcane

potatojohn
    [​IMG]

Don't worry, the nanobots will clean it up

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Thanks, now if we just vote for it on the summer sale, it will go for 2,25.

^ Top  
  12. Boyarpunk Hey there, fuckface-uh! Patron

Boyarpunk
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
    Nothing like the post punk British band or the Camus novel. MEGAFAIL

^ Top  
  13. Kouvo Learned

Kouvo
    IWD playthrough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  14. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    DARK + Cult of the Dead DLC

On the wrong side of average. It's not as spectacularly bad as the reviews suggest, but it is one of those game you spend the whole time thinkng "I could be playing something good instead of this crap", which is an unusual thought for me to have, considering how I specialize in crap. If you have a lot of spare time and are willing to muddle through a budget stealth/assassination title then so be it.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Boyarpunk Hey there, fuckface-uh! Patron

Boyarpunk
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014

I gotta play that fucking game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    [​IMG]

Not shaping up as a clean run I imagined it would be

Show Spoiler
    Got to Arnika anyway

Dual nunchaku worse that I imagined, can't penetrate armor on Expert :M
    Waiting for 100 STR, will see if worth it or not. If not I'll edit in dagger skill cause I found 1 Sai...

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  17. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Xenonauts, veteran ironman, post-scriptum

achtung: contains a truckload of screens, but it's hella cool

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Holy Terra, August 1980. The invasion is very much completely under control. And well, it's been like this ever since the Xenonauts managed to establish two more bases in the second month of the operation.

After that they basically steamrolled to victory, as can be seen by the amount of jewgold I have right now, as well as the funding and maintenance costs.

I could have actually launched the final mission way earlier, even in April, but I did not realise that only Caesans carry battle rifles needed for gauss guns, so that tech came up much much too late.

[​IMG]

Judenburg, the place where it all started. Four marauders rule the skies over Europe, Africa and most of the Soviet Union.

Our brave crew!

[​IMG]

First is the Turbochomik II hovertank, which had to replace Turbochomik I that exploded itself on last mission. Those fucking tanks can be a fuckton of a liability at times.

And the xenonauts themselves

[​IMG]

Colonel herostratus is the chief luckerfag of this operation, and the only remaining member of the original platoon. But that's p. much only because he was assigned shield duty the entire time, changing to singularity cannon only for the purpose of the last mission. And he really is a luckerfag. He once survived two alien bazooka blasts and took only 15 damage. Also, that hovertank that blew itself up? He was caught in the blast. Took 35 damage. R00fles!

[​IMG]

Next up, Commander desocupado III. His first incarnation lived some 2 or 3 missions, starting with heavy weapons. After that the heavy guns were taken over by Mystary and he switched to rifles, but is back to heavy weapons now because of excellent stats. I have no idea how his second incarnation died, but he almost hit the dirt once when he got shot in the back by a stray shot (saved vs death). He is also now the chief packmule, carrying ammo for Herostratus and Excidium.

[​IMG]

Commander Reject III. Another luckerfag, got hit and died by a stray fusion grenade, but saved vs death. All his incarnations were riflemen, but for the final mission he took up sniping duties. Reject Prime was one of the best dudes of the original platoon, and its first captain. His loss was very uncool. Reject II died in some stupid way, but I don't even remember how.

[​IMG]

Lieutenant Jaedar VII takes the cake for being the platoon's chief punching bag. Counting and remembering all his deaths would be rather futile, but such is the life of an assault dude.

[​IMG]

Don't be fooled by Lieutenant Alex II's low number. Alex Prime was one of the very first casualties of the war, and his geneseed got kicked into the freezer after that. He was only brought back when I was able to field 10 dudes + tank with my valkyrie dropship. His stats are atrocious, which is why he was given shield duty.

[​IMG]

Then we have Commander Excidium II, who is this outfit's 2nd longest-lasting member after Herostratus. He is also p. much one of the MVPs because his skill with the RPG is fucking bitchin', and it meant the difference between life and death in many missions. This is why he retains his weapon of choice for the last mission.

[​IMG]

Lieutenant Cojones IV, the second dude to break the clone number of III. He used to be a good sniper throughout all his incarnations, but got demoted to rifleman now. Cojones Prime was one of the rising stars of the platoon, first to attain major, but he died to a really fucking stupid mistake during an otherwise routine mission. Cojones III has the dubious honour of being the killer of Mystary II, but in turn he later got wasted when Jaedar VI got mind-controlled. Karma is a bitch.

[​IMG]

Sergeant Mystary! III took up heavy weapons after Deso Prime got wasted, and he was doing an excellent job at it for most of his career. Mystary I died p. fast, I think, but Mystary II managed to live long enough to attain the rank of major. And then he got shot in the back by Cojones retarded aiming and died. Mystary III's tour of duty so far has been very short, but he already had many successes. Alas, he had to get demoted to rifleman duties for the last mission because Deso was just a much better candidate for the heavy guns.

Also, the fact he's still a sgt while all the other useless newfags are lt is a sure sign of corruption within the Xenonauts command staff.

[​IMG]

Lieutenant root II is very much the same story as Alex. Root Prime was the first casualty of this war iirc.

[​IMG]

Finally, lieutenant Roxorowski III. Roxorowski didn't have an easy career - his first incarnation died on the same mission Cojones Prime did, which was a ridiculous hit to the team's morale because Roxorowski was already a commander by then, and the most long-lasting member along with Herostratus and Cojones. Roxorowski II was actually on a good way to retain his status some time later, but he had an unfortunate affair with a reaper. Roxorowski III is but a shadow of his former glory.

[​IMG]

Going in with 4 sub-captain newfags is very likely to end up terribly, but I can't be arsed to wait any longer.

The idea is simple. We have 1 magstorm, 1 singularity cannon, 1 rpg and a hovertank. This is enough ordnance to blow EVERYTHING to hell and back and get out alive.

[​IMG]

so it begins.

[​IMG]

And it begins p. well.

[​IMG]

Herostratus, Mystary and Root proceed to one sideroom to take out a generator, Jaedar, Roxorowski and hovertank go to the other. Meanwhile, we start mercilessly bombarding the centre room chockful of sectoids, and Deso wastes the alien cyberdisk.

[​IMG]

Good news is, one generator is out. Bad news is, the other team wasn't that lucky, and the 2nd generator was paid for with the blood of Roxorowski III and the hovertank :salute:

[​IMG]

Alex II bravely sacrifices himself to throw a fusion grenade at a Caesan elite with his dying breath, his shield having broken down long ago :salute:

[​IMG]

A blind singularity hit wastes two motherfuckers.

[​IMG]

... when suddenly things get real ugly

OK MEN WE HAVE TO DOUBLE TIME THIS SHIT

[​IMG]

AND THE THINGS GET EVEN MORE UGLY

Jaedar is mind-controlled and shoots Herostratus to death. We've just lost our most important ace. Fuck.

[​IMG]

Also, Root can't run fast enough to escape the reaper.

NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON THE RIPPAAAAAAAAAAA

The situation quickly spirals completely out of control. Due to a retarded missclick, Reject kills Jaedar. Deso panicks and runs straight into the reapers. Reject tries to move forward to get a better shot on the high praetor but gets sniped by a harridan. Excidium is out of rockets, picks up Deso's fallen heavy MG and shoots blindly, but doesn't kill anything, then gets mind-controlled. Mystary is also lost somewhere in the clusterfuck, I think he got sniped by a harridan when moving forward as well.

IS THIS THE END FOR THE XENONAUTS AND, INDEED, HUMANITY ITSELF?!

[​IMG]

The fate of the free world is now on your shoulders, lieutenant Cojones. Don't fuck this up.

A burst with 33% chance to hit does not make for good chances, but it's all we have.

[​IMG]

HO LEE FUK :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

[​IMG]

Killing the praetor freed Excidium from mind control. He charges forward and takes cover, escaping the reapers for now.

The escape pods are just past the two harridans. Come on, people, you can make it.

Unfortunately, Cojones is out in the open and left with no TU to gtfo.

[​IMG]

The ending to his glorious sacrifice is predictable.

The bad news is, Excidium also gets unnerved and suppressed by one last remaining Caesan officer, which leaves him a sitting duck for one full turn...

[​IMG]

:hmmm:

TIME FOR A PERFECT HOME RUN!

[​IMG]

PAIN IS BUT AN ILLUSION CREATED BY THE MIND

[​IMG]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE MADE IT

HOLY SHIT HE MADE IT

[​IMG]

Turns out Mystary also managed to play dead and crawl his way out to the escape pods as well when the alien mutha ship was going down. Good job, gentlemen.

[​IMG]

A bitter victory to be sure, snatched right from the jaws of defeat itself. But the Xenonauts knew what they were fighting for, and their duty had to be done. For as long as the enemies of mankind still draw breath, there can be no peace :salute:

hesus dat was crazy

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    ^ Top  
  18. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    This is the biggest accomplishment of my life

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  19. Mystary! Arcane

Mystary!
    :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. desocupado Prophet

desocupado
    I'm glad my life was given to save humanity against machete plasma alien rape.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. Reject_666_6 Arcane

Reject_666_6
    Oh cruel fate, it looks like the sniper has become the sniped!

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  22. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    You got one shot on the high praetor before you died, though. Without that, who knows if Cojones would have succeeded :M

^ Top  
  23. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Afterfall InSanity received so many negative reviews in the media that I expected it to be boring... but it only proves what a facade gaming journalism is. This game is a Polish Dead Space, except it's better than the original! The gameplay and the atmosphere are exactly the same as in Dead Space, however with some improvements, like here melee combat is actually alright and not annoying, although ranged one still feels mediocre at best. I cannot comprehend why two such similar games received so different reviews, I can only guess there were not enough advertisements and Doritos for journos. I definitely recommend the game for everyone who liked the first Dead Space and tell everyone else that they should give it a try as well, because it really is a surprisingly decent game. It isn't anything great that one would replay or remember years from now on, but it surely is worth its price (only 1.69 Euro right now), as it will give you some enjoyable evening or two.

I'm only in the middle of the game at the moment, but above are my impressions so far.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  24. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  25. warpig Incel Resistance Leader Manlet

warpig
    How does it compare to Dead Space in terms of level design? Is there any exploration or is it streamlined popamole? I kind of liked DS1 and the potato-ness of Afterfall seems cool to me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.