Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
7EFC38AFCB35D5CC924E4571CBC83234E92D2CF5

078B89E37129F6ADD566EF0A17F33BE6BEF272AD

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
He drops everything in his inventory when he dies.

Sort of amusing to realize after you trade him a bunch of useless junk and wind up looting it again.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
As for proficiency points, the only categories I would shy away from, in any case, would be Bastard Sword or Katanas. Magical Katanas are quite rare and a lot of the mileage that one can get out of this proficiency relies on metagame knowledge. Bastard Swords are simply poor compared to every other category of weapon and all of the magical ones are placed extremely poorly; there's really nothing beyond generic +1 Bastard Swords until very late into the game. Half of the unique Bastard Swords in the game are basically right on top of one another.

If you're looking ahead to ToB, you may also want to avoid Clubs. Support for them completely drops off after SoA.

If you have ToB installed then there's an amazing Bastard Sword available pretty much straight from Irenicus Dungeon. And that one Katana might be the best weapon in SoA due to it's stun effect. Though Katanas are inferior in ToB. But yeah, I guess if you're afraid of Metagame knowledge then Bastard swords are no good in SoA.

I'd say best spec set up in SoA is Flail+Short Sword dual wielding... In ToB Flail can probably switch with Axe, although Halberd 2 handed set up is deadly as well. Anyway, you usually have companions so all sorts of set ups get used.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Someone gifted me Orange Juice 100%, telling me to LP it.
I wish I could...

wtflah.jpg

idunolah.jpg

zwanzig_zwoelf

It's been a long time since I uploaded any screenshots. Gotta fix dis.
eABVuYO.png

Rb6jOVN.png

9UsRfFW.png

FqVIxyz.png

FaSqOx8.png

ujFbn0G.png

Dis game is 2 dark 4 me yo, make it brighter and happier next time, niggas.
BzjYdNI.png

jRhwFqM.png

:love:
dziePff.png
UoEr9do.png

potatojohn

Arcane
Just watch till we get proper multi-object gravity. :P

I still need to finish fixing multiple system temperature derp, BTW.

There's not much point. The effect is very small. Even KSP doesn't do it.

Orbiter does but it's more annoying than anything because none of the instruments take it into account

Well I guess it could be cool in systems with >1 stars, but Pioneer needs much better instruments first, at least something like orbit mfd and transfer mfd from Orbiter

DraQ

Arcane
Just watch till we get proper multi-object gravity. :P

I still need to finish fixing multiple system temperature derp, BTW.

There's not much point. The effect is very small. Even KSP doesn't do it.
L points, motherfucker, can you hang out there?

Also trajectories durp out sometimes with current version.

Implementing multibody gravity shouldn't be problematic, because the sets of objects that generate gravity and are dynamically affected by it are disjoint, so instead of solving an n-body problem you just have to mash up a bunch of vectors.
I don't know how displayed trajectory is calculated, so I don't know if it would need tweaks as well or work automagically.

Well I guess it could be cool in systems with >1 stars, but Pioneer needs much better instruments first, at least something like orbit mfd and transfer mfd from Orbiter
Heh, I remember doing Hohmanns around a gas giant (it had a moon with a spaceport) in Frontier using FFWD function in orbital map to fine tune my trajectory after some bunch of fucktards shot off my autopilot.
Good times.
:D

Lemming42

Arcane
bu7bq2d.jpg

I finally decided to do a total pacifist run of New Vegas. All DLCs complete except for OWB because I couldn't be bothered with it. Here are my stats right after dealing with Lanius. It's not exactly a completionist run but I did every quest I came across. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, the game really isn't that combat heavy unless you rush out into the wilderness and walk into a cazador or deathclaw nest or something.

The rules I set for myself were that I couldn't use companions to kill people for me, I couldn't lure enemies into friendly NPCs to kill them for me and I couldn't do that lame-ass trick where you shoot weapons out of people's hands and then run away. I did end up non-fatally injuring a bunch of people with the boxing gloves and cattle prod but they're basically useless because the knockout time is like 3 nanoseconds.

I indirectly caused the deaths of only three people - Caesar, Motor Runner and some generic idiot who tried to fire a grenade at me and managed to blow herself up with it.

The game also becomes a total joke when you get 100 Sneak.

Only time I had any real problems were whenever I had a companion with me, which was very rarely, because they go apeshit and murder everything in sight. When I was taking Boone around with me to do his shitty Bitter Springs quest I had to repeatedly knock him unconcious just to be able to move around the Wasteland without getting into shit with someone.

The other part that sucked ass was Dead Money because not only are you forced to take companions through the villa with you, but their kills are actually counted on your own kill counter which doesn't happen with regular companions. On top of that, I'm pretty sure any Ghost People casualties were attributed to me whether I actually did anything or not because the game blamed me whenever they walked into traps or blew themselves up, so it ended up taking about 5 billion reloads.

Anyway, I knew that a pacifist run was possible and I know that practically every quest includes a pacifist option but I still couldn't help being impressed at how easy and natural this playthrough felt. It'd be a huge stretch to say that the devs intended you to try a pacifist run but the game definitely accommodates it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom