Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by potatojohn, May 21, 2012.

1. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    Mirek, are you sure you want all that private info out in the codex?

^ Top  
  2. Boyarpunk Hey there, fuckface-uh! Patron

Boyarpunk
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
    Huh. My memory must be going, then. It wasn't that long ago that I completed Grimrock.
    Guess those giant crabs were so uneventfully easy to deal with that I completely forgot them. :cool:

^ Top  
  3. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Too late.

At least he might get a free pizza.

^ Top  
  4. Zdzisiu Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Hey, I did one year at PWSZ in Krosno and I know the address! Also, I still have some friends there...

^ Top  
  5. Essegi Cipher

Essegi
    They hit hard.:D

An interesting mod here:
    Keep on the Borderlands 1.0.0 for ToEE
    I've not played it but i've always heard that is a very good D&D module...
    Just some shots of the beginiing. I admit that this is a bait hoping to lure someone in to try it and report if it's good...
    Started with pregen chars to see something quickly. Char gen is nearly identical to ToEE, there are some new skills and feats (not that i recognized them, i remember nothing from ToEE).

[​IMG]
    Well, i've always tought that thief is the most useful class...

[​IMG]
    Main gate...

[​IMG]
    There are some empty buildings...

[​IMG]
    Church!

[​IMG]
    A closed place...

[​IMG]
    A market.

[​IMG]
    Ok, so i passed time then went to the pub...

[​IMG]
    I managed to recruit 2 mercenaries...

[​IMG]
    Then i laughed at the wrong person and they imprsoned me... There are also the 2 mercenaries. No avatar though (i haven't checked char screen now that i think...).
    Just some search and exit is found.

[​IMG]
    City map

[​IMG]
    World map.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    One Way Heroics:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

:ehue:

Cute little roguelike, I'm having a great time with it. Especially since it costs less than a dollar on Steam.

The interesting thing is that the screen keeps moving foward and kills you if you get off-screen, kind of like the old time levels from Mario. So every movement you make wastes time and the darkness gets closer...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    Shovel Knight[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Pretty awesome kickstarter game. Definitely easier than Volgar, but still plenty awesome with awesum music and much charm. Reminds me of my Super Nintendo days.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    HOLD ON A SEC.....
    Keep on the Borderlands for ToEE is out? The hell? I though it was vapourware :retarded:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Browsing games by tags when I saw this. :smug:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  10. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    [​IMG]

:smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    You haven't done anything until you beaten the gamer naked:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Oknytt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  13. Xu Fugui Unwanted

Unwanted
    So after Durlag's Tower I just sort of lost the pace. When you've rolfstomped Aec'Letec's ass (that fight was pretty cool) the rest of the encounters feels like bad filler.
    [​IMG]
    The place looks great though. I've equipped Khalid with boots of speed and for some reason the idea of a stuttering half-elven maniac cutting up mages before they've even cast their first spell is funny to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Woha, that guy was a greater doppelganger. It's not like I've fought over a dozen of them in Durlag's Tower or anything. *yawn*
    [​IMG]
    Insta-gibbed. Later I ran into the leaders of the Iron Throne.
    [​IMG]
    What a bunch of pushovers. Accidently hit my own guys with an aoe spell, Dynaheir got a shit spell selection but since my party consists of good guys I had little choice. What really grinds my gears is the poor pathfinding, it's absolutely lethal in the tighter areas of the game. Especially firewine ruins was a total hell for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think TosC would have benefited greatly if it was set after the main game so that balance in the main game is retained and you can ramp up the challenge without it detracting from the base game. ToB got that right so I guess they learned. Another thing that's unbalanced is its content ratio. At the start of the game you have a vast amount of screens to clear often finding one or two quest in each. Nashkel and Bergeost are just fine. Then you enter Baldur's Gate and everyone and his dog has a quest for you to do and often they approach you with it. Due to the poor journal in this game I found that very annoying since I had to keep track of several quests at once. With a better system this wouldn't be so much of an issue but often times the journal doesn't even tell you that you've finished a quest.

Another annoyance is that neutral characters complain if you're good. Since Jaheira is paired with Khalid it's inevitable that one of them starts bitching, who thought this was a good idea? Anyway, now I'm going to clean up these dungeons under Candlekeep and get me some tomes. Cheerio.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] : :kingcomrade:

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  15. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    I was never that fond of uber-bosses in the BG games (with the exception of Dragons in BG2). They were typically so difficult that I was either completely BTFO before taking even half their health, or everything went perfectly and I annihilated them in about 20 seconds. I enjoyed plenty of boss-like encounters, but I also enjoyed fighting my way through the regular encounters because I tried to LARP the game by only resting and recuperating when absolutely necessary/logical. So if I'd just cleared a big dungeon, I'd be on my way back to a town with heavily wounded and fatigued party that was vulnerable to a simple bandit ambush taking advantage of their state. It's a nice opportunity to use "secondary" spells and such that aren't all that important when you just rest and rememorize all your best abilities for each encounter.

^ Top  
  16. Turjan Arcane

Turjan
    Yeah, someone should mod in quest arrows :troll:. But yes, I know what you mean. With the split of the map into lots of connected small maps, orientation is a bit difficult the first time you play the game.

I usually have her strip naked and wrestle a bear. Khalid's grief is short.

^ Top  
  17. Boyarpunk Hey there, fuckface-uh! Patron

Boyarpunk
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
    What is that, kony? Two Worlds?

^ Top  
  18. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Strap Yourselves In Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Yes, it's the first Two Worlds. Unlike the sequel, this one has truly open world, like Gothics and TES. It's a decent game too, not as good as Gothic 1/2/NotR or Morrowind, but it's better than Gothic 3 or Oblivion. At least that's my impression after a few hours of gameplay. I'm still at the beginning of the game, but I decided to ignore the main quest, as I usually do in open world cRPGs, and be exploring the map until I get bored or I explore it all.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These fellas aren't pleased that I interrupted Turkish bath time.

[​IMG]

Oh...

[​IMG]

FUCK...

[​IMG]

:yeah:

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  20. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    Been playing a lot of stuff...

...but in very short doses. Not much time for playing. :negative:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  21. Melan Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Melan
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
    It's certainly the most played one, since it was sold inside those 1980s beginners' D&D boxed sets that sold in the millions. Otherwise, it is the low level home base + wilderness + dungeon module, and because it has been so tremendously influential on RPGs, and imitated so many times, it can feel either like the missing link (''So this is where all that other stuff has come from!'') or completely generic (''Haven't I seen this a hundred times?'').

^ Top  
  22. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    serene wildlife
    [​IMG]

humane justice
    [​IMG]

cutting-edge technology
    [​IMG]

pleasant weather
    [​IMG]

truly, ukraine is a paradise
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  23. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Strap Yourselves In Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This game begins as a mediocre action game and slowly grows into something... more. It makes me remember (unlike copy-pasted and level scalled oblibian/gothic 3) how enjoyable it was in open world cRPGs put aside quests and shit and just wander around with no purpose whatsoever but just find new places and fight enemies that are levels above to find challenge and feel satisfaction. Moreover, it's probably the only third-person cRPG with working horse combat (apart from M&B series, but these games aren't cRPGs anyway).

Decided to play it stright away after Afterfall InSanity and got pleasantly surprised by both games. Seems like Poland can into games after all, Gorky 17 and Witchers weren't just exceptions.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.