Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
u1QSV5E.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
^ Less cats, moar hot bitches, pls.

:rpgcodex:

So, I decided to give the only PoP game I haven’t yet played a chance...

Prince of Persia – The Forgotten Derp

0Kec54D.jpg

B668NbS.jpg

:popamole:

a5GZF3k.jpg

:what:

RFcg1Kg.jpg

9HTPepB.jpg

:roll:

jlktFrb.jpg

What army?

j8mubTI.jpg

No, not the gates of Prosperland!!!

0fH9IXi.jpg

hopw roewur ne

9ExQbCO.jpg

sD4oSns.jpg

:dead:

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Cyseal Docks Warehouse 0800 European Thymes,
Sarge's Logge
They came at us like a pack of wolves, first they tried to bribe me with gold, when it wouldn't work, they traded me last bottle of healing potion for an expensive painting.
I wanted to hang it by the dinner table, but I'm afraid that will never happen for this is me last days. Curse those damnable source hunter.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Jahan's got his priorities right.

spekkio

Arcane
Prince of Persia – The Forgotten Derp
Still better than that 2008 atrocity
Well, I'm among the 3-5 people who actually liked PoP2008 for what it was - a flawed attempt at making something new with the series.
It had great visuals, interesting characters (+ good writing) and not that bad, if clearly popamole gameplay.

TBH, so far the gameplay in Frogotten Sands feels much more popamole than in 2008. You don't have these infamous "action icons", turning the game into a rhythm game or a gigantic QTE, but controls feel awkward and infested with auto-aim.

For example, you no longer have to keep your balance with L/R corrections while on narrow ledges, the protag is glued to them:

RFcg1Kg.jpg

Jumping from vertical poles feels popamole as well - you don't have to aim precisely when jumping from one to another, just point the protag in the general direction and the game will "auto-correct" his position.

And what’s with constant-yet-easy battles against gigantic mobs – these soldiers are a joke...

:decline:

Bahamut

Arcane
Well, I'm among the 3-5 people who actually liked PoP2008 for what it was - a flawed attempt at making something new with the series.
It had great visuals, interesting characters (+ good writing) and not that bad, if clearly popamole gameplay.

My main problem was that whole thing was repetitive as hell becasue every area plays with exactly same pattern till the end. For me it was Ass Creed 1 level of boringness all over again

Comte

Playing Ferrelette in the back of the Broken skull bar in earth orbit.

iTZyw0ktF5WBC.png

I got a ticket :yeah:

iLJZQvQQxlGUS.png

Lets try this again OH NO!!!

igdvEXbLipHvu.png

:rage:

iblp3UOoneJBGC.png

Astral Rag

Arcane
Nothing special, but not long ago I created this mote-type environment in Quake 3:

Kueurhs.jpg

I might put it in an actual map one day...

Which editor do you use?

I'm toying around with a new Q1 editor called Trenchbroom, cool program.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom