Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
301n76E.jpg

a48iKa0.jpg

9CRqgYN.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In celebration of finishing Tale of Wuxia: The Pre-Sequel, I present you with 3 images.
1. Indeed, being polite is a good thing.
2. Change wine to rum, and I agree 100%.
3. I never tasted one until I was nineteen.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Would be really cool if you or Roxor wrote a review of those games, they are really fun but got basically zero visibility... not a single Metacritic website reviewed it :/

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reviews for all Heluo Studio games are well deserved, but I don't know if I'm man enough to write them. My English skills aren't good enough. Darth Roxor has a few reviews under his belt.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ms_0172ehkzw.png

Evil mind-control drugs in the hands of powerful political entities ain't no thing for Tex Murphy, Private Investigator. :positive:

ms_019232jbp.png

ms_0202cyjas.png

ms_0212btj4o.png

:shredder::shredder::shredder:

ms_0242gxk5m.png

All's well that ends well...

And how did Tex Murphy accomplish this monumental feat of wit and bravery, you ask? I'm sorry, but that's classified.

eb8daf9d-46b3-4c12-b0knjvy.jpg

51eb4abd-5baa-4b22-b69ej69.jpg

6ed785e3-8df4-434b-bduwksw.jpg

f9ff4ea8-fdef-402d-99shkob.jpg

c7969912-ea52-4012-a3mpk3x.jpg

They see the success, but what they don't see is all the hard work that lies behind...

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
dosbox_cv9q2wpxqh67jbw.png

Around magic snakes never relax.

dosbox_sjxunbwiqw6nktf.png

Wyverns are really tough to beat, since they have a good natural armor and their green torrents of fire are really nasty.

dosbox_82q7qoh1na75j8r.png

dosbox_b9sqrgwwhv8qk66.png

Juggernauts - they are big, have a lot of health and use fire spells in the long corridors. Even later on, with the better equipment they are still the most annoying enemies.

dosbox_ddrtf7zkjh4jkai.png

Have a taste of my magical brofist! Thunder Demons are almost immune to lighting so use other kind of magic on them. Or just freeze and chop to pieces.

dosbox_9sdkngnllwf6jzg.png

dosbox_szkohxls3mx3jb0.png

I shouldn't talk to you.

:argh:

dosbox_c7tuii4cybhqj8g.png

The only way to cure poison is by drinking special potions, which are in limited quantity.

dosbox_slw2rfwxm09gjtj.png

Zombie piracy is wrong!

dosbox_mtltaoi0nseqjw8.png

Thanks, but no. I need to gather hearts from the strongest zombie pirates and feed this demon. In return, he gives us necessary hints how to prepare for fight with the Warlord, who is a final boss.

dosbox_or2rnp7hxdc6ju6.png

I meet with Ianmyrth when I'm going to the Underground City. He is resting after a battle. Depending on who we choose at the beginning we will be seeing the rest of the characters which we didn't choose. Really nice touch to the main story.

dosbox_vnz02phnqs6pj1c.png

The city is huge, has a lot of monsters, which are transformed natives by the Warlord's magic. I gathered all the extra weapons and supplies from here.

dosbox_l8xxhwovpx9uk7s.png

dosbox_ccgzbbasmpjmkrh.png

dosbox_7xpktmeu0udmk53.png

The imp knows a spell, but he won't teach it us. Unless you know how to walk silently.

dosbox_atcaqr28a3gokvh.png

Time to find the magic gem for magic chest.

dosbox_l7urctyag1nakc7.png

The Jesters, oh how I hate them. The happy clown sounds that they make while they are using those magic skulls on you. Kill them as quick as possible.

passerby

Arcane
Good to know. Whenever game has it, I never see screenshots without it. Why most people don't turn it off, then ? :?

Kitchen Utensil

Good to know. Whenever game has it, I never see screenshots without it. Why most people don't turn it off, then ? :?

Because most people don't bother with the Options menu.
And most people that do bother turn every effect on, because more effects = better, obviously.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Anyone else think ray tracing "denoising" is so bad it ruins any benefit the effect itself has? Obviously the grainy image is also unbearable, but that denoising is super smudgy and fake looking. I'd rather crisp images without ray tracing by a mile...

25D3928EF415219E9354EEA91031EA72168A0717

17128732AE47EB56B7ED642FB61F76D0079967D0

Jason Liang

Arcane
So I started a new Animation Throwdown account just for fun and to get different cards (the joy of gacha games). I was pretty happy, the intro part of the game is actually pretty fun.

Then I discovered a massive glitch that basically let me get a near unlimited number of the best cards in the game (quad legendaries). Now the value of my deck is close to $10,000. I decided to take some pictures in case the devs decide to to a rollback.

at025.jpg

My deck - now all quad legendaries or power cards.

at024.jpg

Beating up Hedonismbot with my crazy busted cards.

at023.jpg

I even got quad Bender on my 1 week old f2p account.

at026.jpg

Yet even with the massive boost from the bug, there are still many people who have decks even better than mine. In fact I'm still only #29 in my guild- and this was the guild I was in before the bug.

But I guess the cat's out of the bag...

https://www.kongregate.com/forums/7...ch-message-me-mods-if-you-wanna-know-about-it

UPDATE: The exploit got fixed and my account was banned. I am copying my post about it here in case my post gets removed.

Hello everyone,

I am one of the accounts that was banned and am writing this to explain what happened from my perspective. I am not upset that my account was banned and am not asking for it to be restored, as it was an extremely serious exploit, as you will see, and would have ruined the game for everyone if it had been made widespread before it was fixed. That is the reason I did not talk about the ban with anyone, including my guildmates, and I only made one reference to it on the Tyrant Unleashed forums when a similar exploit was made known there, in this thread: https://www.kongregate.com/forums/2...d-reward-and-boss-cards?page=1#posts-13189928

The exploit is the same one reported around a month ago in this thread: https://www.kongregate.com/forums/7...ch-message-me-mods-if-you-wanna-know-about-it. It was very simple and I was shocked that it existed and was not discovered immediately. To do the exploit, in the inventory menu you just used the arrows to preview the stats of a card when upgraded, and then if you clicked the upgrade button, it would upgrade the card to that level permanently, without needing to fuse extra copies of the card. So you just take a lvl 0 card, click the preview until it showed quad fusion, click upgrade, and it would upgrade into a quad, deducting 302 gigiwatts for an epic card and 498 gigiwatts for a legendary card.

I only started playing this game recently when Synapticon announced that development on Tyrant Unleashed was being discontinued. I accidentally discovered the exploit just about a month after I started, when I noticed I had a double-fused Bob's Burgers object card in my inventory. Then I figured out how I must have made the double fuse and then tested it to see if it was repeatable, which it was. I then saw in the forums that the bug had already been reported in the above thread, so I did not report it myself. I realized that this was an extremely serious exploit, needed to be fixed immediately, and would probably destroy the game if was made known and widespread. So I did not discuss the bug on any Kongregte forums except when it was linked to a Tyrant Unleashed bug. I made a few more quad fusions to figure out how the bug worked.

Even though I expected it to be fixed at any moment since it was such a simple bug, as the weeks continued, the bug continued to work. The bug was not acknowledged by any mod, and if I have any criticism of Synapticon, is that they should have fixed the bug immediately, or if they could not, at least acknowledge a bug exists and let players know to not exploit it. I thought of writing a reply in the report thread to get the devs to fix the bug faster, but I didn't dare to draw more attention to it as it appeared most people didn't know of it. But it was such a simple bug that its amazing that it did not become wide knowledge in all this time.

Anyway, when I tried to play an hour ago I got the message that my account was permanently banned. I knew this was always a possibility. Since I have only been playing this game for about two months, losing this account is not a big loss. I would like to know why it took Synapticon nearly a month to fix what was probably a simple error, and I think they owe the community an explanation for that. Although I will no longer continue to play Animation Throwdown, I had a lot of fun in these two months, and discovered the Bob's Burgers cartoon by playing it. I do not regret the choices I made as now this game and this community will continue on. Finally I would like to thank my guildmates for letting me be the hero and save the day in the last rumble, that was amazing.

Have fun and take care everyone!

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Anyone else think ray tracing "denoising" is so bad it ruins any benefit the effect itself has? Obviously the grainy image is also unbearable, but that denoising is super smudgy and fake looking. I'd rather crisp images without ray tracing by a mile...

25D3928EF415219E9354EEA91031EA72168A0717

17128732AE47EB56B7ED642FB61F76D0079967D0

Yes, the original Q2 looked better than that.

But hey, newfags gonna newfag. Don't forget, they even use that melting wax filter on old 2D pixelated games.

I mean this:

Jesus.

At least the raytraced Q2 is better than that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom