Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
20240520130130_1.jpg

20240520134056_1.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane
My latest obsession: BallisticNG

dv7jF4.jpg

9iWj58.jpg

N3FvUD.jpg

yhDPS7.jpg

EtVw3s.jpg

XUUmBM.jpg

u87rng.jpg

q4QAj3.jpg

Survival mode puts you in a simulation where you go faster and faster (no brakes) until you die. Eventually you'll go so fast that every little bump sends you flying.

ESjkKx.jpg

Great Scott!
giphy.gif

3LkfWl.jpg

W0sRmn.jpg

KOR6sW.jpg

A track in space. I hate this one. Very hard to play cleanly.

sun0YY.jpg

yULvFm.jpg

Most tracks have a reverse version with a different daytime, weather, or in some cases alternate paths. This is the same track as above in reverse.

IvahKE.jpg

YKgh32.jpg

Big jump. The reverse version sends you back up through a tunnel inside the mountain.

MQkn43.jpg

There are also a few extra tracks made just for this Barracuda Model B type. Trying to use it on the normal tracks is nearly impossible because it goes from 0 to breaking-the-sound-barrier in 1 second.

Seeing this for the first time is like...
:what:

Ash

Arcane
Hope everyone in there is recommending Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Darkwood, and even Quake over it! Probably not though, the forces of decline are strong.

And yeah, Scorn is the game I was thinking. Not Agony. That's that other walking sim.

spekkio

Arcane
Deus Ex + BioMod

Chinese bots vs. 'Murican ones: 2:1

Looks like somebody decided to skip the "Vision Enhancement" upgrade:

:decline:

Party like it's '51:

C&C-ing:

:bro:

No, fuck the AI. ITZ time!

:butthurt:

:obviously:

Baron Dupek

For me both Shifter and Biomod crashed and corrupted saves at certain points. Quite a shame because it had some dope features...
Finished the game using Retail Editon patched with the v1.112fm patch and BioMod v.1.1. No save corruption, 2-3 crashes max, after very long sessions.

If you have crashes during map transitions, switch to the OpenGL enhanced renderer. More info here.

And now for something completely different:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Deus Ex + BioMod

Chinese bots vs. 'Murican ones: 2:1

Looks like somebody decided to skip the "Vision Enhancement" upgrade:

:decline:

Party like it's '51:

C&C-ing:

:bro:

No, fuck the AI. ITZ time!

:butthurt:

:obviously:

Baron Dupek

For me both Shifter and Biomod crashed and corrupted saves at certain points. Quite a shame because it had some dope features...
Finished the game using Retail Editon patched with the v1.112fm patch and BioMod v.1.1. No save corruption, 2-3 crashes max, after very long sessions.

If you have crashes during map transitions, switch to the OpenGL enhanced renderer. More info here.

And now for something completely different:

I prefer the Helios AI ending.
The "Reset" ending that Tracer espouses is also another good choice.
Illuminati ending is the weakest, you literally hand the world over back in the hands of those who started this mess to begin with...
Honestly, none of the Deus Ex endings are "good" endings, each have their major downsides that probably outweigh all benefits.

BrainMuncher

Novice
Why are modern games so foggy. The noise floor is so high it's like there is a mist everywhere. Every modern game makes me want to activate the windscreen wipers.

It's so strange that just as technology (HDR, 10 bit colour) starts to get adopted that enables higher contrast and lower noise floor, then we go the opposite direction instead. Low contrast and fog everywhere.

Zlaja

Arcane
Resident Evil: Village

Looks cozy
sT6p8O3.jpeg

Devout folk. I'm sure I'll be safe here.
1snJFke.jpeg

We're praying to Jesus, right?
92PjGFE.jpeg

Fancy
Vz5VhTp.jpeg

Why fill a pool with raspberry juice?
9apFDNO.jpeg

Some ugly old woman
VDxJGNs.jpeg

Artistic
WodaZfa.jpeg

ZiQYh7i.jpeg

Bitch mad now
Z1qLB0d.jpeg

0ri1pnV.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom