Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Ezekiel

Arcane
Started the game in December 2022, finished chapter 2 in October, made no more progress until today, because of how tedious it tries to be and how it fails as a western because of all the talking.

Most of these modern games are washed out. Like they're all trying to imitate Roger Deakins and that whole wave of cinematographers. Elden Ring too (which I'm also trying to get back into after making almost no progress, but which is crashing for me now as soon as I load the character).

Red-Dead-Redemption-2-2024-06-10-16-39-1.png

spekkio

Arcane
I've heard good things about Resident Evil Remake. Time to play this shit!

:obviously:

:obviously:

:roll:

I hope this isn't Chris's blood...

Time to check out the door to the right...

:dance:

Technical info:
  • Retroarch + Beetle PSX HW core
  • 4x Internal GPU Res (better models)
  • Adaptive Smoothing (de-pixalated 2D on non-standard internal res)
  • Crop Overscan = Static (proper AR)
  • PGXP Enabled (de-wobbling of 3D elements)
  • /scanlines/oscc shader (2D backgrounds look better):
Off:

On:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Portal: Revolution

WDApKP.jpg

Great looking Portal 2 mod with simple puzzles.
Nice
Will try this one someday

There's still Portal: Reloaded on my list. Maybe next time when I'm in Portal mood. I've heard the timeline gimmick is too convoluted for its own good.
Short and sweet, 25 chambers (can be done in 1 hour if you know what your doing)
I didn't find it particurlarly complicated
For most chambers the challenge is simply keeping in mind not to fall on your Portal auto-pilot and remember that you now have a 2nd timeline which you'll have to make use of
There are some chambers that got my noggin joggin, but those could be counted in 1 hand - the last one is definitely the hardest and the only one I got stuck
Overall, it's pretty fun and the idea is novel

ferratilis

Magister
What mod are you running?
Memories of the Zone, it's a vanilla+ modpack with AMK ballistics and OWR3 and some other tweaks. It's great other than the fact it's running on OGSR, which I don't like that much, but as a result it runs really well, has very fast loading times and is stable.

PsihoKekec

Novice
High agility got me through, all the injuries I got were narrative related. I usually wear limb armor, as for neck barbute helmet with aventail and leather gorget are a sufficient protection, unless you are fighting Scotts in York. Also, maces are not good for late game (tried to finish with every type of weapon).

Modron

Arcane
Hammers/maces have the ability to crack open weak spots in heavily armored enemies (usually the head and torso, since neck and limbs have a lot of overlap), knock that 40 armor can into a single digit defense and hit them with an overhead strike.

Sure a shamshir/scimitar/cleaver low stamina special attack that adds half your agility to damage right to an underarmored enemy's neck is the more efficient way to handle soft targets but I've got a hammer in the sheath for your Goliaths and Green Knights.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom