Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Shadowrun Returns Via Kickstarter

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
I've never played Shadowrun. Which is the best version to have a go at? I saw some screenshots of some animu faggot shit but that can't be right can it? Why would everyone get barred up over some JRPG?

Sega Genesis version for the most RPG:ish game. SNES version for the best game. :smug:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Well this kcikstarter bandwagon is getting ridicilous,we have a new one every other day now.I have never played the pnp just the SNES one but I will probably pledge some monies.
The video was pretty cool too when they said they were sorry about the FPS game they made:lol:.
Releasing the editor is a good idea too:thumbsup:

BTW the way they are going they will reach their goal very soon,it was 96k a few minutes ago and now it's 111k

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Feargus must be pacing in his office in a rage seeing all these potential monies being snapped up by other developers. He must be ruing his obsession with looking for 'slamdunk' scraps thrown from big developers/publishers tables.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THERE IS GOING TO BE A WORLD OF HEARTBREAK COMING SOON

KICKSTARTER WILL GO UNTIL THE FIRST WAVE OF GAMES COMES OUT AND PEOPLE RAGE

Eyeball

Arcane
Mr. Blobert is correct. Out of all the "OMG OUR GAME WILL BE AMAZING HERE IS SOME CONCEPT ART I DREW USING CRAYONS ON CARDBOARD!" Kickstarter projects so far, this is the only one I'm actually excited about. Sad thing is, most of them will likely fail or turn out to be outright scams of stupid fanboys.

I found the Genesis version to be the superior Shadowrun game, although the SNES version had better atmosphere and story.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Pledged 15$, but only because the SNES game is excellent.

BROS THERE IS GOING TO BE A WORLD OF HEARTBREAK COMING SOON

KICKSTARTER WILL GO UNTIL THE FIRST WAVE OF GAMES COMES OUT AND PEOPLE RAGE
I am saving this quote in my blobert.txt and will repost it after a year. Let's see how many butts will hurt.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I loved the part in the video where the guy who designed the shadowrun FPS is pelted with old vegetables :smug:

getter77

Augur
Not good timing for me personally, but I really hope this succeeds as this sort of thing specifically is something I've been wanting for a very long time---I'd still be playing the Genesis game today if any romhack community had managed to form around it to liven it up further for those that've played the stock original inside out.

Shame about the licensing mess being what it is as per the infographic, but still. Maybe the success of this will indirectly light a bit of fire under the asses of outfits sitting smugly on the rights to all manner of P&P settings to open up to said properties actually getting further use? I can dream of a day when such things are moot and some manner of ridiculous full-tilt Shadowrun Roguelike is legally possible.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can someone explain this game a little bit more to me? I never played the PnP, SNES, or Genesis version so I have no "past' with this game like I do Wasteland. Give me the reasons why I should put forth my hard earned pennies toward this thing? I get the general idea behind the setting but what about the gaming aspect of this thing?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Shadowrun is my FUCKING FAVORITE SETTING OF ALL TEIM!!!!111 I already am backing this. Turn based, 2D AND Level editor? FUCK YES. 2012 the year of motherfucking INCLINE.

This. After more than a decade of shit, gaming is inclining because it's being taken back from the suits into the hands of the nerds that make and love it. Biggest renaissance in gaming and even a fucking triumphant return of turn based rpg's. Fuck the haters.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can someone explain this game a little bit more to me? I never played the PnP, SNES, or Genesis version so I have no "past' with this game like I do Wasteland. Give me the reasons why I should put forth my hard earned pennies toward this thing? I get the general idea behind the setting but what about the gaming aspect of this thing?
It's not exactly difficult to track down SNES/Genesis emulators. The SNES iteration in particular is very much worth playing.
I dont believe they have gone into those specifics yet(?)
The impression I get from the video/Kickstarter page (I could be wrong) is that it will be something along the lines of the SNES game. At least, it's what they seem to make the most explicit reference to. That could just be because it is what more people remember. Seeing as the original creator is involved, I would expect plenty of stuff from the PnP system to make its way into the game.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm tempted to go in at $250 to get the signed hardcover book... once again I'm such a sucker for these type of incentives/ collectibles!!! :oops: This whole Kickstarter thing is just crazy man, just crazy!!!!!:eek:

Two backers have already taken the $10,000 spots?!!!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm tempted to go in at $250 to get the signed hardcover book... once again I'm such a sucker for these type of incentives/ collectibles!!! :oops: This whole Kickstarter thing is just crazy man, just crazy!!!!!:eek:

Do remember no money is taken UNTIL the project get's to it's date. So backing it is fighting the good fight with your voice.

I'm going with the glass half full until we know the exact specifics.

As Ru Paul would say Girl! Don't fuck it up! *snap*

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Hold on, wait a minute, what.

http://getmoai.com/
I don't know... I was thinking it would be like

LP1_morgue1.png
LP1_office1.png
What game is it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom