Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
3 more hours! I'm only going to be able to play a couple hours tonight, but I'm going to dig in hard after work tomorrow.

quixotic

Learned
This is about V and thread started in 2017.

VV is the sequel game and released now. Seems like it's worth discussing the new game and isolating spoilers to a new thread.
It’s not a sequel, it’s a rerelease that includes a new route.
I do see your point now that I’ve thought about it a little longer, it would make sense to have a separate thread for it given the fact that IV:A got it’s own thread.
3 more hours! I'm only going to be able to play a couple hours tonight, but I'm going to dig in hard after work tomorrow.
I keep checking and rechecking Steam (I hate how Steam’s release timer doesn’t take minutes into account, it always rounds down, so it says 2 hours :negative:), like that’s somehow going to get the game to release faster.

grimace

Arcane
It’s not a sequel, it’s a rerelease that includes a new route.

Re-release or "definitive version with new content"? I don't know. I have been trying to avoid any spoilers so I'll leave it to you all to decide if VV is a "new" game and deserves a fresh thread or not.

At this point I'll problem dismiss myself from this thread until things cool down.

Check this spoiler for a download that might expire.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
10 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fucking Steam, it was 6 am apparently. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

d1r

Patron
This game looks so fucking good in 4K.

And runs at 144hz too! Cutscenes and menus are @ 60hz.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Beat the first boss and met vengeance waifu. Hard is decent so far, i need to engage in push turn system even in regular encounters. I hope the curve stays more or less the same. Game looks excellent and honestly seeing demons roaming the world in an accurate size scale is so awesome.

innate skills are good. I remember similar system in persona 5 royal but there are more variety so far like my slime has skill that give accuracy bonus against foes with affliction. I was beaten by the first boss because my attack missed once, but i was able to prevent unlucky roll with the accuracy bonus from its innate skill. The battle system is gonna be awesome as long as they keep the curve balanced.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Damn, they removed the original game from the Switch store. It's not even possible to buy or download any of the DLC even if you own a physical copy.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I like how all the little improvements are apparent right away, but Jesus Christ do they really give you +3 attributes each time you have a chat with Aogami. It'll be interesting to see how this balances out once you get out of the first da'at.

d1r

Patron
I like how all the little improvements are apparent right away, but Jesus Christ do they really give you +3 attributes each time you have a chat with Aogami. It'll be interesting to see how this balances out once you get out of the first da'at.
Mostly after important main story advancements (for example killing Hydra).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Mostly after important main story advancements (for example killing Hydra).
Uh, yeah? I've beaten the Hydra and already have 6 extra attributes. That's a shitload of power creep.

lametta

Educated
any place that sells the game cheaper than greenmangaming? preferably no shady sites please

frajaq

Erudite
Barely started it, playing on Hard.

Game is very deadly so far, but I'm even using early CC spells on fights which is a good sign, lets see how far we go!

frajaq

Erudite
dont call out the protagonist like that...

PnKuVE1.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom