Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Booted it up for the first time, yesterday. Spent a little over two hours playing. It's deffo a bit easier, but more fleshed out in story.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It has to be this tune:

No new track beats it, and I haven't heard enough of the new ones where I'm at.

Elttharion

Learned
I finished both routes yesterday. Got the a world for humans ending in canon of creation and the law ending (I wanted the other one here but I went in blind so got this one by accident) in canon of vengeance. Fantastic game. I will take a break now but will come back soon for the other endings and the rest of the superbosses.

:4.5/5:

Yuber

Educated
Played 60 hours now and I like it, gameplay is fun, reminds me of Pokemon Arceus somehow.
But sadly it is NOT a dungeon crawler anymore -.-
Would like it much better with linear dungeon progression ala Nocturne instead of this boring open areas.
Also the Essence system is too OP. Can trivialize most bosses with it lol

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Well, you get linear open areas instead of linear dungeons. Really not much a difference between these two besides a different feeling, and less FUCKING traps.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Started playing it as well, fun stuff. Combat tight as always.

Also have a self-imposed rule of mandatory combat once aggroed. Otherwise traversal would be too inconsequential imo. If I had designed the game, would've had the mobs beeline like motherfuckers upon noticing you.

Started playing it as well, fun stuff. Combat tight as always.

Also have a self-imposed rule of mandatory combat once aggroed. Otherwise traversal would be too inconsequential imo. If I had designed the game, would've had the mobs beeline like motherfuckers upon noticing you.

The game just needed dungeons. Real dungeons with random encounters where you can get fucked out of nowhere. It's what all JRPGs need.

Yuber

Educated
Well, you get linear open areas instead of linear dungeons. Really not much a difference between these two besides a different feeling, and less FUCKING traps.

It is a big different feeling for me lol
There is no sense of dread like in some Nocturne Dungeons. You can see the open sky everywhere. WAY too many savepoints to heal yourself.
NEVER did I need healing items or heal magic. In Nocturne I was so happy when I reached a savepoint terminal :D

d1r

Patron

It is a big different feeling for me lol
There is no sense of dread like in some Nocturne Dungeons. You can see the open sky everywhere. WAY too many savepoints to heal yourself.
NEVER did I need healing items or heal magic. In Nocturne I was so happy when I reached a savepoint terminal :D
Well, I agree that item management is definitely more crucial at the beginning of Nocturne, but, as with every other SMT iteration, it gets pretty much non-existent near the midpoint. And personally, the chance of you getting fucked out of nowhere because of regular 10 second random encounters with a pretty split initiative rate is not my cup of tea, though I also agree that it certainly adds tension to exploring. Personally, I do not miss any of it.

Ialda

Learned
Did two playthroughs (one for each version of the game), beat Masako in his normal form, and I will probably stop at this point. Pretty disappointing for a SMT game, overall.

Terra

Cipher
Progressing slowly but surely through the Creation route, midway through the 2nd area currently. Really hoping I find something to push up the demon skill slots above 5 soon though, having to toss away so many skills at level up is annoying. Enjoying everything else so far though, Hydra & Nuwa were cool bosses (and also bumped into my old friend Matador) money started to flow a bit easier in the 2nd area which offsets compendium costs a lot.

MakenBro

Novice
Looks like a patch is coming soon.

yQeSUY9.png

d1r

Patron
Guess I underestimated Godborne mode a little bit ...

xIGz614.jpeg

This is going to be some very very rough grinding. Almost at my limit defeating three slimes.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
cant you just trivialize everything with null/reflect since pretty much nothing has pierce in early/middle game or even in late game

I would be interested in godborn but if enemy skills / resistances are the same I don't see any point in it unless I gimp myself on purpose (other than some late game fights)

Nathir

Liturgist
Returned to this after finishing the Elden Ring DLC. Still having fun with the battles and fusions, I've beaten the qadištu women at the end of act 3 and man, wtf is this storyline. The cutscenes went on for like 15 minutes, and things just happen while I'm just thinking what the fuck is going on? Ichiro turning into a zealot was incredibly obvious, I liked the part where he threw his "sucker" hat on the gorund. Very simbolysm! Atsuta dies, but they let me and the prime minister live, very generous. Especially since we are both lying right there next t oAtsuta. And sure enough next dungeon we already kick Abdiels ass. Yoko was a traitor, but I stopped caring about her ever since she had those "it's ok to kill higschool bullies" monologues. And to top it all of, Tao comes back in a power suit now at lvl 60 and is of the "Panacotta" race or some shit like that.

Anime was a mistake.

Yuber

Educated
I think I am near the end of the game in this Eternity Temple.
I must say I am disappointed with the difficulty, I play on hard but it feels like Normal mode for me. Wish it would have been more challenging, the magatsuhi skills and the essence system are too OP

MakenBro

Novice
The original release wasn't much better difficulty-wise: past the second area, it started to feel too easy. The new additions in Vengeance made things worse in this sense. Most bosses really needed more than just 2 press turn icons, and I'm not a fan of the weakness to phys they added to some demons, either.

the mole

Scholar
Shitposter
interesting, I found a secret fusion

https://imgur.com/k3g4yBi

also I'm too retarded to directly post pictures unless that's like some secret priviledge

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom