Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

3. When designing the look for this Affinity, what served as inspiration?

Mike Bates - With Supremacy’s emphasis on advanced technology, we wanted to duplicate the sleek design you would expect to see on a cool piece of hardware. All the tech in Supremacy has been optimized and slimmed down. There’s no bulk or extraneous features. Think about cell phones 20 years ago, and then look at them now. You can compare the approach to Purity’s bulky look. Purity has less sophisticated technology and must use brute force to make up for it. Supremacy has the more elegant streamlined solution and can perform advanced battle tactics.
Sounds goo-

Supermacy screenshots:
Affinities_Naval_Fighter_Supremacy_Unit_Progression_In_Blog_edited-2_GA_FLAT.jpg

Affinities_Soldier_Supremacy_Unit_Progression_In_Blog_GA_FLAT.jpg

Affinities_Cavalry_Supremacy_Unit_Progression_In_Blog_edited-2_GA_FLAT.jpg
:hmmm:

sm_users_img-224288.jpg

"Wast silming dwon maen? :retarded:"

Angthoron

Arcane
I dunno what you're on about, that's exactly how my phone looks, lots of protruding metal panels and some type of wings at the back.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Jesus... I don't know what to say, why make some generic japanese looking suit? They are pratically removing any thing that could be anywhere close to originality and interesting themes to explore. If supremacy is to humans become robotic and more robotic... Why not making some unsettling human/machine hybrids and having the humanity being stripped away with each new advance of technology... but no, "We are 13 years old people making games for people that are 13 years old in mind or body." Generic mecha japanese suit? Fuck... gimme a break.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I should think it's more important for a warship's fore and aft batteries to be able to rotate, so as to produce satisfactory broadsides. A port battery will never be able to rotate so that it faces the starboard, and a starboard battery will never be able to face the port. Though *some* degree of rotation, of course, makes targeting easier.

Wasteland 2
15 years ago I though that this company is the most beautiful thing that happened in the gaming world, that is going to provide tons of quality entertainment for years to come.

Fast forward and it turned out that SAMC was their only truly great game and the company itself developed into the most hated shit company ever, which successes set shit standards for the entire genre, for years to come.

Zeriel

Arcane
15 years ago when Firaxis released SMAC I though that this company is the most beautiful thing that happened in the gaming world, that is going to provide tons of quality entertainment for years to come.

Fast forward and it turned out that SAMC was their only truly great game and the company itself developed into the most hated shit company ever, which successes set shit standards for the entire genre, for years to come.

Well, the people responsible for SMAC left the company right afterward. Kind of like how Blizzard is not Blizzard North whatsoever.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
15 years ago I though that this company is the most beautiful thing that happened in the gaming world, that is going to provide tons of quality entertainment for years to come.

I see your Firaxis and raise you EA. It might never have been as promising as Firaxis had been, but it is definitely more hated and shittier.

Wasteland 2
EA does not operate, or is influential enough in my favourite genres, to care.

I was writing from personal viewpoint and hate toward current Firaxis is nonexistant outside of dark corners of the Internet like the codex and that is the problem ( half of the codex have EU and CIV on their steam accounts anyway ).

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I can live with mecha-looks of Supermacy. They stated that complete transformation will be a Ultimate Goal of this affinity, so until then humanity should be satisfied with advanced prosthetics and stuff.
Anyway, various civ forums are boiling with glorious butthurt after the news that Poland and others got shoved(most probably annexed\conquered) into a russian-led militaristic Slavic Federation.

are you really arguing about graphics of a 4x?
game mechanics are all that matters, and they're going to suck. bitch about them.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Haven't been impressed by a Civ game since Civ 3 when they added culture.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom