Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Air fighters lvl 1 and 2, workers adn "Droid"
be_airfighter1_1.jpg
be_airfighter2_1.jpg
be_worker1.jpg
be_droid1.jpg

Alien Units
Wolfbeetles
Notes: Seem to have nests similar in function to Barbarian Camps.

be_beetle1.jpg
be_beetle2.jpg
be_beetle3.jpg

aptor Bug
be_runner1.jpg
be_runner2.jpg

(Manticores)
Notes: Said to fire balls of acid from their tails.

be_scorpion1.jpg

Siege Worm
Notes: Like the sandworms of Dune or the Ohmu of Nausicaä, the siege worms are roving monsters that are indifferent to humanity, but may inadvertently destroy your improvements through their activities. Attacking a worm risks reprisals from other worms, and the worms do not recognize national boundaries, so your actions may affect your neighbors as well as your own people. Those who learn the ways of the worm may be able to use them for their own purposes, such as attracting them to their enemies' cities with Dune-style thumpers.

"When you kill the siege worm, you see its skull, and when you pick the skull up you may find a new quest thread that you can pick up and follow, and each time you complete an objective in that thread, you get a little bit of the fiction." - Will Miller

be_siegeworm1.jpg
be_siegeworm2.jpg

Generic Human Cities
Notes: Cities start as Outposts, which must be protected and sustained by Supply Routes for a certain number of turns before they mature into full Cities.

be_city5.jpg
be_city3.jpg
be_city4.jpg
be_city6.jpg

Terrain
(Alien Forest)
be_forest1.jpg
be_forest2.jpg

Floatstone
Notes: A strategic resource that is required for levitating units in the late game. It is available to any faction, but Purity-aligned factions can use it in unique ways. David McDonough: "[The Purity player] specializes in the float-stone, and they figure out how to mill it into a particular kind of ore that they can use to levitate truly massive objects. Their highest levels are the lev-tanks and the lev-destroyer, which is essentially a battleship that flies."

be_loftite1.jpg
be_floatstone1.jpg
be_quarry3.jpg
be_floatstone3.jpg

Firaxite
Notes: This glowing mineral is of special interest to Supremacy players.

be_yellow1.jpg
be_firaxite1.jpg

(Volcanic Canyons)
Notes: Hexes near these canyons may contain geothermal vents that can be tapped for power generation.

be_canyon1.jpg
be_canyon2.jpg

Resource Pods
Note: Mentioned in the Gamecrate preview, these would seem to be goody huts scattered by the arriving ship (for unknown reasons).

be_resource_pod1.jpg

Farm
be_farm1.jpg
be_farm2.jpg
be_farm3.jpg
be_farm4.jpg

(Plantation)
be_plantation1.jpg

(Mine)
be_mine1.jpg
be_mine2.jpg

(Quarry)
be_quarry1.jpg
be_quarry2.jpg
be_quarry3.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think the only thing that seems halfway decent about this is getting rid of happiness and having the outpost mechanic instead.

oscar

Arcane
Hexagon patterns and random lines and folds is 'futuristic' clothing

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
There's still hope for Bolivar of Brazilia, Gen. Kozlov of Slavic Federation and Polystralia...uless they will put aboriginal in charge. Franco-Iberia will probably have an algerian or other nigger as a leader.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Some info:
Stations
They will land over the first few turns and if they land near you, you may get a choice to influence their creation
Names: Banu Musa Theoretical Sciences Think Tank, McDonough Biomechanical Research Lab, Scyon Group Labs, Shackleton Geological Mapping Enterprise
"Remove Satellites" - One diplomacy option is to ask other civ to remove satellites over your territory
Research
There are two types of technologies Stem and Leaf. The Stem will be the general base technology (such as Synthetic Thought Stem) which will unlock different Leaf technologies for you to research (like Swarm Intelligence). You can chose to unlock these tech or continue further down the web (only researching the Stem Tech is needed to progress). there will be both horizontal as well as vertical connections allowing you to take multiple route through the web. (gc)

The last names of a few so-far unmentioned leaders are revealed: Bolivar (presumed Brazilia), Elodie (presumed Franco-Iberia) and Hutama (presumed Polystralia).
The difficulty levels are Sputnik, Vostok, Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Soyuz.

Borelli

Arcane
Some faction leaders. Looks like Kwans got themselves a hispanic leader
civilization_beyond_earth-2534204.jpg

civilization_beyond_earth-2534202.jpg

civilization_beyond_earth-2534200.jpg

civilization_beyond_earth-2534198.jpg
First Chairman Yang with his inhumanity, then that Pandora yellow emperor who keeps cloning himself and now this chinese woman with "ME SO EVIL" look in her face. Is China STILL the boogeyman for the west? Because this is getting to be a cliche.

Is China STILL the boogeyman for the west?
Face-of-Fu-Manchu.jpg
Leader avatars are one of the worst additions to the Civ series in anycase. They look like they wandered in from a Saturday morning children's show. I recall listening to the relative dignity of Leonard Nimoy's voice acting in Civ 4, contrasting it to the derpy leader portraits, and thinking that they should have hired William Shatner instead.

Zeriel

Arcane
Wow, those leaders actually look sort of non-retarded. Were they just trying for really ugly, overexaggerated caricatures in Civ V? I mean, these aren't amazing or anything, but they're not out-and-out hideous either.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Some faction leaders. Looks like Kwans got themselves a hispanic leader
civilization_beyond_earth-2534204.jpg

civilization_beyond_earth-2534202.jpg

civilization_beyond_earth-2534200.jpg

civilization_beyond_earth-2534198.jpg
First Chairman Yang with his inhumanity, then that Pandora yellow emperor who keeps cloning himself and now this chinese woman with "ME SO EVIL" look in her face. Is China STILL the boogeyman for the west? Because this is getting to be a cliche.
mongolian.jpg

Mr.+Freedom+5

The Slitty Eyed Devils were always a bogeyman!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They are taking the Fiction part in Sci-Fi a tad bit too literally.

Because it's totally unreasonable that a country's largest minority and fastest growing demographic group could in the near/mid future elect someone to that country's highest office.

I can suspend my disbelief for hobbits and orcs but not this shameless attempt at pandering to the SJW. Hispanic and black people will simply self destruct in their own ghetto wars before they reach space age and everyone knows it.

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
Hexagon patterns and random lines and folds is 'futuristic' clothing
In the far, far future we will have unlocked the secrets of the honeycomb and then the sky is the limit. I honestly don't understand this recent trope at all, when and where did it start?
They are taking the Fiction part in Sci-Fi a tad bit too literally.

Because it's totally unreasonable that a country's largest minority and fastest growing demographic group could in the near/mid future elect someone to that country's highest office.
This is probably by the point the Americans have given up any pretence of democracy in favour of unleashed state corporatism. Being head of "American Reclamation Corporation" would likely fall to someone more fitted for the job. Someone with more experience with these things.
handsome-jew-o.gif
And it's funny how badly the whites want their own demographical and hierarchical demise, at least in America, I cannot think of any collective suicide throughout history that is comparable. There was no war or any last straw that broke the will of the people, they will just slowly die out until they either are fully absorbed into the other populations or become extinct due to the low birthrates. What ever happened to you guys? You used to be pretty cool back in the day when you still had some dignity and self respect left. The throbbing megacock of the American and European empires of old has lost its erection and instead of trying to get it up again you go for a castration, why? This makes no sense to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom