Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Being able to zap back and forth across the entire province on a whim, free of context or any sense of distance is not an experience in the setting, merely against its backdrop.
That takes me back to Daggerfall, where I had a permanent mark/recall right in front of a Mages Guild teleporter which could take me to any location on the map back and forth in an instant.

The good part about it was that I fuckin deserved it, because you only achieved mage teleport upon reaching the next-to-last rank in the Mages Guild.

Unlike Morrowind where any random newbie gets access to all guild services in exchange for gold. :decline:

(of course, there's probably a lore explanation for the ways of the Mages Guild in Morrowind considering how they are marginalized and bullied by the Telvanni)

DraQ

Arcane
Being able to zap back and forth across the entire province on a whim, free of context or any sense of distance is not an experience in the setting, merely against its backdrop.
That takes me back to Daggerfall, where I had a permanent mark/recall right in front of a Mages Guild teleporter which could take me to any location on the map back and forth in an instant.

The good part about it was that I fuckin deserved it, because you only achieved mage teleport upon reaching the next-to-last rank in the Mages Guild.
:salute:

Unlike Morrowind where any random newbie gets access to all guild services in exchange for gold. :decline:

(of course, there's probably a lore explanation for the ways of the Mages Guild in Morrowind considering how they are marginalized and bullied by the Telvanni)
Should be crapload of gold, at least.

Sum that would make newb think "you fucking mad!? :eek: " while decadent high-level dude would throw it around like this - :obviously: .

racofer

Thread Incliner
Hahahah I just noticed that I have been here for less than a week (blame by hospital stay kiddies) and already I have learned some cool stuff:
Cleave and his mad Grimoire
What is popamole RPG
Better terms for consoleretadrds and whatever
Hicking simulator
The diference between trolling, loving and hating
Hell...I even coined up some stuff form myself, like "Serious Gourmet Shit",,,obviously from Pulp Fiction and various insults and smartass responses....
Fascinating
Fascinating indeed.

If you want to educate yourself further, then read these :obviously: threads and learn from them:

MULTI HEADED DICKS HITTING ASS AND LEG OH GOD ITS HEAVAN

Codex Casefiles: The Madness of Doctor Prosper (finished)

How to spot a tranny in a party and preserve (or not) your anal integrity

TRAIN TICKETS BITCH :: Trash vs sheek - 1st August 2009

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TOTALLY AVOID COMBAT IN FALLOUT 1 AND 2.

visions

Arcane
Yeah but Morrowind gets called a hicking simulator because of that

I want to play a hicking simulator.

mullet%20man%20pickup.jpg

So, according to 1.8 beta patch, "Dragonborn" is presumed to be the next DLC, set in Solstheim.

data\interface\Translate_english.txt
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorBonemold BONEMOLD
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorChitin CHITIN
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorNordic NORDIC
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorStalhrim STALHRIM
$Dragonborn QuestsCompletedDragonbornQuestsCompleted
$DRAGONBORN_ESMName Dragonborn
$DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT_PS3 DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

update.bsa\interface\exported\hudmenu.gfx & quest_journal.gfx
Hudmenu compass markers/quest journal quest header:
http://i.imgur.com/mWGUj.png
Clockwise from top, Telvanni Tower, To Solstheim, Raven Rock, Castle Karstaag, Standing Stones, To Skyrim, Miraak Temple.
Bottom is quest header for Dragonborn quests

update.bsa\interface\startmenu.swf\startmenu.as:
MainList.entryList.push({text:"$DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT"+(iPlatform ==3?"_PS3":""), index:StartMenu.DLC_INDEX, disabled:false});

Update.bsa\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt
DragonMountedDualMagic.txtDragonMountedDualStaff.txtDragonMountedMLhSolo.txtDragonMountedMLhStaff.txtDragonMountedMRhSolo.txtDragonMountedMRhSolo_ShieldOrTorch.txtDragonMountedMRhStaff.txt

There are other things like new creatures and dwemer objects, but they're not that interesting.

Wyrmlord III

Formerly Hot Rod Todd Howard
Even considering those guys really liked Oblivion - why would you want to do that?
I can somewhat understand a Morrowind TC, but Oblivion?

The engine is not that different. Skyrims assets are better, true, and it has dynamic shadows.
Still I guess moddig Oblivion would be easier than doing a conversion into Skyrim's engine.

Nostalgia. Because, for many, Oblivion was their first and favorite RPG.

It's terrifying, I know.
This is funny coming from the guy whose first RPG was KotOR. What, you think I have forgotten your posts in Adrenaline Vault forums from back in 2006 and 2007?

racofer, you're talking about people being nostalgic about Oblivion in 2012?

Back in 2006, you used to write teary eyed manifestos about how you yearned for the "good old days" of classics like Bloodlines and KotOR, and how those games will never be surpassed again. Had AVault's old posts not been archived, I could have dug up all your 1000-word long tributes to the NWN, KotOR, and Bloodlines - which were the only RPGs you ever played.

Seriously, this is a reminder of how so many 2007-2008 Codexers were often KotOR fans who just wanted to show off how cool and hardcore they were for disliking post-2006 games. Look, I have nothing against you personally, and you are entitled to your tastes. But it's utterly ridiculous to laugh off at others as philistines when you aren't exactly a connoisseur yourself. So live and let live?

Gord

Arcane
Yeah, whatever. My original point though has been that I don't see the advantage of porting Oblivion to Skyrim's engine over just modding Oblivion.
Forgetting about Oblivion's quality as a game for a moment, porting seems to involve much more work than modding, with similar end-results, i.e. a slightly better looking Oblivion.

DraQ

Arcane
Sure thing DraQ they could have added some realism to the "pooff you are there" instant travel, starting with a...I dont know a magic dragonborn amulet or something to justify you teleporting like Nightcrawler on speed?
:rpgcodex:
How about no?
Yea they could have added some "oops you got attacked by raiders" in the middle of your trip, which would have been awesome and cool idea for a mod too, or maybe just adding the fast travel option only if you own your horse (sort of a perk for the horse besides the looking cool thing).
How about both?

blahblah sandbox hurr durr herpderp
I'll explain it to you in terms that should be immediately comprehensible to a fellow TESfag.

You have possibilities and you have limitations. You need both. Put in too much limitations and game gets too limited to be interesting. Put in too much possibilities and the game ceases being a game which is boring too. The interesting stuff happens if you balance things out and let limitations and possibilities clash and flow around each other. Sounds familiar? Isn't that what's the most basic TES metaphysics is all about?

Anu, Padomai/Sithis, Aurbis?

The key to awesome open ended game is not making the ultimate sandbox. It's making a game that gives you freedom to work around its limitations and then lets its limitations find their way around your workarounds. The game that lets you do whatever you fucking please but then follows up with consequences of what you've done.

HP Lovecraft says that fear is the mos powerful of the human emotions and fear of the unknown is the most powerful fear of all, butI believe that freedom itself
Then tell me - what is freedom exactly? Are we speaking about freedom to or freedom from here? Freedom to make choices or freedom from consequences?
Because some sort of fuzzy limbo existence where you can do everything, but nothing you do ever sticks is not exactly the kind of freedom I would find welcome.

it´s what is frightening sometimes; people cry about them removing the attributes, steamiline the skills and doing away with the classes (Which nobody used; most did their own recipe class) and letting people not wory about grinding and just playing you know?
Freedom from or freedom to? Is it really freedom to be limited to a character that is more and more like that of everyone else's? In TES I can no longer levitate, or walk on water. Other than looks I can't define my characters as much as I could previously. I can't make an acrobatic char, I can't make a character that would be faster than everyone else, I will struggle should I want to make a Rawlith Khaj adept from Elsweyr. How is that fucking freedom?

Classes don't matter, they were but templates, propositions one could override, but by removing ability to build your character before starting playing, by reducing the number of skills and removing the attributes they took away some of the tools I could use to define my character - something that is *the* core concept of an RPG.
Is stripping away the ability to define themselves from players called freedom now?

Is it fucking 1984?

What, you think I have forgotten your posts in Adrenaline Vault forums from back in 2006 and 2007?
:wyrmlord:

Sul

Savant
So, according to 1.8 beta patch, "Dragonborn" is presumed to be the next DLC, set in Solstheim.

data\interface\Translate_english.txt
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorBonemold BONEMOLD
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorChitin CHITIN
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorNordic NORDIC
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorStalhrim STALHRIM
$Dragonborn QuestsCompletedDragonbornQuestsCompleted
$DRAGONBORN_ESMName Dragonborn
$DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT_PS3 DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

update.bsa\interface\exported\hudmenu.gfx & quest_journal.gfx
Hudmenu compass markers/quest journal quest header:
http://i.imgur.com/mWGUj.png
Clockwise from top, Telvanni Tower, To Solstheim, Raven Rock, Castle Karstaag, Standing Stones, To Skyrim, Miraak Temple.
Bottom is quest header for Dragonborn quests

update.bsa\interface\startmenu.swf\startmenu.as:
MainList.entryList.push({text:"$DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT"+(iPlatform ==3?"_PS3":""), index:StartMenu.DLC_INDEX, disabled:false});

Update.bsa\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt
DragonMountedDualMagic.txtDragonMountedDualStaff.txtDragonMountedMLhSolo.txtDragonMountedMLhStaff.txtDragonMountedMRhSolo.txtDragonMountedMRhSolo_ShieldOrTorch.txtDragonMountedMRhStaff.txt

There are other things like new creatures and dwemer objects, but they're not that interesting.
Telvanni Tower? Being able to mount dragons? Chitin and Bonemold armors? I'll be damned, incline coming from Bethesda.
It's a pity though, the game is a watered down RPG and a poor action game, making the whole experience boring as hell after a few (dozen) hours. No way I'm going to install and create a new character just for Dawnguard and the new stuff, better to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with all the DLCs.

It's a pity though, the game is a watered down RPG and a poor action game, making the whole experience boring as hell after a few (dozen) hours. No way I'm going to install and create a new character just for Dawnguard and the new stuff, better to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with all the DLCs.

Game of the YearS? New Vegas DLC/update cycle clocked in in 11 months as far as I recall, same with Fallout 3. Since 11.11.11, Skyrim is halfway there. I wouldn't expect GOTY anytime before late 2013, you may wait a while.

Try Skyrim Redone and Duel - Combat Realism (if going for melee) or Apocalypse Spell Package (if going for magic). The latter especially makes you feel like a god with Alteration/Illusion.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Even considering those guys really liked Oblivion - why would you want to do that?
I can somewhat understand a Morrowind TC, but Oblivion?

The engine is not that different. Skyrims assets are better, true, and it has dynamic shadows.
Still I guess moddig Oblivion would be easier than doing a conversion into Skyrim's engine.

Nostalgia. Because, for many, Oblivion was their first and favorite RPG.

It's terrifying, I know.
This is funny coming from the guy whose first RPG was KotOR. What, you think I have forgotten your posts in Adrenaline Vault forums from back in 2006 and 2007?

racofer, you're talking about people being nostalgic about Oblivion in 2012?

Back in 2006, you used to write teary eyed manifestos about how you yearned for the "good old days" of classics like Bloodlines and KotOR, and how those games will never be surpassed again. Had AVault's old posts not been archived, I could have dug up all your 1000-word long tributes to the NWN, KotOR, and Bloodlines - which were the only RPGs you ever played.

Seriously, this is a reminder of how so many 2007-2008 Codexers were often KotOR fans who just wanted to show off how cool and hardcore they were for disliking post-2006 games. Look, I have nothing against you personally, and you are entitled to your tastes. But it's utterly ridiculous to laugh off at others as philistines when you aren't exactly a connoisseur yourself. So live and let live?

Give me a few days and I will also make something up about something you never said in a forum that has no records of such posts.

Wyrmlord III

Formerly Hot Rod Todd Howard
racofer, you are a bro. The Bro-est of bros.

But this took me five minutes. Five minutes on search.

You started out as a KotOR/BioWare-defending, anti-Avellone, anti-Obsidian poster. Eventually, as you saw how it affected your cool credentials, you became pro-Obsidian and anti-BioWare hardcore gamer, and started mocking the dumb BioWhores.

On the 4th of November, 2008, you wrote:
But despite being finished or not, K2 would still be as mediocre as it is today. K1 as too easy, simple, easy, cliched, easy, bland, easy, also it was very easy, but one thing K1 can brag about that K2 can't is that it felt like a starwars game unlike K2. Also on top of all that, K2 managed to make combat even easier.

Like I said in another thread, K2's dialog can simplified into:

"There's a wound in the Force, I felt it echoing from afar."

ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND

Enough with echoing wounds Obsidian, your echoes are wounding my brain.

Oh yes, also to all "poor obsidian" alienated people, the same "LA RUSHED OBSIDIAN11!!!" nonsense also happened when NWN2 was released, only this time it was the evil Atari, those bastards, that pushed poor obsidian into releasing the bugfest system hog ,multiplayer butchered "game" called NWN2.

But on the 3rd of January, 2011, you wrote:
Turjan said:
"Kotor 2 was pretty good at pretending it was very deep."
Butthurt Biowhore detected.

And on the 28th of January, 2011, you wrote:
Your favorite Obsidian game.
Mine is KotOR 2. Played it seven times already and would play it for another seven without breaking a sweat. The game is just well thought out and mature without being next-gen mature as today's games which is rare to find.
What about you? Which Obsidian game is your favorite and why?
Discuss!!

Wow. So a game you considered to be mediocre nonsense that wounded your brain - you played it over and over again? And now your beloved KotOR is a game of Biowhores?

WHICH IS FINE! But why this pretense of some hardcore oldskool gamer who looks down on "Bethtards" and "Biotards"? Why this condescension, this smug sense of superiority?

racofer, this is a hostage crisis.

Every time you double down, I am throwing another body into the streets. You want that? Remember, it took me five minutes just to dig up all of that. You want me to show you how you turned from an NWN2/MotB-hater to sworn defender of NWN2/MotB? Or how you championed BioWare as the greatest and then later as the worst? You want that?

roll-a-die

Magister

You started out as a KotOR/BioWare-defending, anti-Avellone, anti-Obsidian poster. Eventually, as you saw how it affected your cool credentials, you became pro-Obsidian and anti-BioWare hardcore gamer, and started mocking the dumb BioWhores.

But despite being finished or not, K2 would still be as mediocre as it is today. K1 as too easy, simple, easy, cliched, easy, bland, easy, also it was very easy, but one thing K1 can brag about that K2 can't is that it felt like a starwars game unlike K2. Also on top of all that, K2 managed to make combat even easier.

ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND ECHO WOUND

Oh yes, also to all "poor obsidian" alienated people, the same "LA RUSHED OBSIDIAN11!!!" nonsense also happened when NWN2 was released, only this time it was the evil Atari, those bastards, that pushed poor obsidian into releasing the bugfest system hog ,multiplayer butchered "game" called NWN2.

Turjan said:

Mine is KotOR 2. Played it seven times already and would play it for another seven without breaking a sweat. The game is just well thought out and mature without being next-gen mature as today's games which is rare to find.
Discuss!!

Wow. So a game you considered to be mediocre nonsense that wounded your brain - you played it over and over again? And now your beloved KotOR is a game of Biowhores?

WHICH IS FINE! But why this pretense of some hardcore oldskool gamer who looks down on "Bethtards" and "Biotards"? Why this condescension, this smug sense of superiority?

Every time you double down, I am throwing another body into the streets. You want that? Remember, it took me five minutes just to dig up all of that. You want me to show you how you turned from an NWN2/MotB-hater to sworn defender of NWN2/MotB? Or how you championed BioWare as the greatest and then later as the worst? You want that?
Racofer, I'd hate to be the one to tell you this, but, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP3aj_f2djE .

And Wyrmlord, good troll, I'd advise taking it to GD before you get this decent discourse retardo'd.

Also peer pressure is a very real thing Wyrmlord, he's probably just striving to fit in like I was over the last year, before I decided to say fuck and speak my real opinions.
For instance,

Alpha Protocol is a relatively shit game, whose decent writing isn't enough to make it stand on it's hobbled gameplay. The choices and consequences generally revolve around -3 guards, and only really majorly come into play at the very end. There aren't as many endings as people claim, but there are variations on the main 2 or 3.

Daggerfall is a game that utterly promotes powergaming to the point of turning new players off of it until they find a build that dominates, at which point dominating isn't fun anymore, and there's still a risk of the LOL you died mechanics. It's also close to impossible to without savescumming play a hardcore 1 save delete on death play through, which is my prefered method of gameplay in TES. Because again the game is so buggy there are way too many moments that just scream, "Lol because we didn't play test this, you die." The lack of any playtesting whatsoever is apparent due to the fact that even the GOD DAMN tutorial is incomplete, and I hope you weren't relying on the manual, because don't trust that, they couldn't be bothered to update it when they were nearing release. It is literally a game where the devs said fuck it and released an incomplete product. It was buggier than SKYRIM on release and they never fixed most of the bugs.

I could go on, but still, I've recently come to the conclusion that games need to be criticized on all their aspects not just what they do very well.

Fallout's world building doesn't save it from being a bad game gameplay wise. Fallout 2 did nothing to fix that. The same could be said for all the Holy Trinity games.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Wow at someone stalking 4 year old posts.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
STOP CYBERBULLYING .

Look I envision a day when codexians will hold hands, one with another. The Final Fantasy fan with the Daggerfall fan. The Hello Kitty Online Fan with the Ultima Online fan. The Fallout 1 Fan with the Fallout 3 fan. And there will be PEACE.

-It will be a thing of beauty. And everyone wins.

Edit: There was a time in life when I secretly listened to Top 40 Pop 80s music but pretended to hate that shit and only like Slayer. I had to come to terms with myself over this elitism I fronted.

I admit here and now that I think Final Fantasy 7 was fucking awesome.

/out of closet

yeah the way thing are going they are going to try to squeeze as many addons and DLCs as possible an it is simple echonomics; they have an install base of close 10 million (minus the PS3 suckers) and even small potatoes $5 a pop dlc produce massive profits for almost no investment

Which is a direct contradiction of what they have been saying - that they are going in the route of "real" expansion packs, even more so after Fallout 3 expansions. But then again Todd IS The Prince of Lies. :roll:

roll-a-die

Magister
yeah the way thing are going they are going to try to squeeze as many addons and DLCs as possible an it is simple echonomics; they have an install base of close 10 million (minus the PS3 suckers) and even small potatoes $5 a pop dlc produce massive profits for almost no investment

Which is a direct contradiction of what they have been saying - that they are going in the route of "real" expansion packs, even more so after Fallout 3 expansions. But then again Todd IS The Prince of Lies. :roll:
Eh, it looks like they are going for a mix, cheap to make easy DLC you can stick junior devs on to test them, and expansive DLC the main DLC team works on.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
STOP CYBERBULLYING .

Look I envision a day when codexians will hold hands, one with another. The Final Fantasy fan with the Daggerfall fan. The Hello Kitty Online Fan with the Ultima Online fan. The Fallout 1 Fan with the Fallout 3 fan. And there will be PEACE.

-It will be a thing of beauty. And everyone wins.

Edit: There was a time in life when I secretly listened to Top 40 Pop 80s music but pretended to hate that shit and only like Slayer. I had to come to terms with myself over this elitism I fronted.

I admit here and now that I think Final Fantasy 7 was fucking awesome.

/out of closet

148840-30921-j-jonah-jameson.jpg

You have lot to learn about RPGCodex.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Bonus points for you, if you also secretly fapped to furry gay porn but pretended to hate that shit. That would be some coming out of closet.

attackfighter

Magister
@wormload your memory module is impressive as always

however you are a hypocrite

you too once held a plebeian outlook on a subject, only to years later change your views entirely, becoming elitist and condescending

I speak of this:

Wyrmlord 2009 said:
I don't even have the patience to sit still in one place and watch a show for 15 continuous minutes. Let alone 30 minute shows or 60 minute shows. I can't sit for 10 minutes at a time, unless I am in class (in which case, the habit of sitting in a classroom keeps me firmly seated).

The fun thing about computers is that you can intermittently use them while walking around your house and doing other things. Especially if it is a turn-based game, so you can stop and read a magazine in the middle of a turn.

TV, along with cinema in the theaters, is a very demanding pasttime. It's about sitting down and placing intense concentration on one single thing for a very long period of time.

Wyrmlord 2012 said:
Cinema connoisseurs are such arrogant jackasses.

Picture this.

A 16 year old kid who keeps talking to you about Fellini and Tarkovsky. He will try to make essay length explanations of why he liked the movie where simple sentences would have sufficed. He also acts like he is one of the rare few people in the world who ever got to see those movies. He then tries to laugh off your philistine tastes in enjoying Die Hard of Predator.

That's when you really try to pull his ego down and tell him that you saw all the movies he saw when you were 14. That as a 13 year old, you had already seen every single Kubrick movie and completed an entire selection of German silent cinema by the next year. And that these aren't "rare" movies, since every half-decent cinema enthusiast knows about them. And that unlike him, you don't care about being elite; you just want to enjoy a movie, whether it is Brett Rattner or Ingmar Bergman.

But he's not convinced, no! He'll start quizzing you on the movies you saw, because he can not imagine a Predator-loving philistine such as yourself having ever watched Tarkovsky's Solaris. That's when you tell him everything that happened in the movie, including details he missed. But after that, you just say you didn't like the movie all that much. That riles him up. That's when the teenage kid lectures you on how those who are "unworthy" of watching Tarkovsky, should not offend such fine works by watching him. Never mind that you have seen more Tarkovsky movies than he ever has.

I mean, come on, kid, give it a rest. It's just movies. It's not like you traveled to the Antarctic or survived the Bolivian forest alone. You just picked up a cinema encyclopedia, and ordered them on DVD. That's all!

God damn it. I am an adult. I should be able to roll my eyes at kids half a decade younger pretending to be elite, but all that poseuring really gets to me. "Unworthy of watching Tarkovsky and Richard Linklater", give me a break. /ran

So you went from someone who couldn't sit still long enough to watch a movie for 15 minutes in highschool, to someone who watched Kubrick, Fellini and Tartkovsky when he was 13 years old:lol:

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Tarkovsky's movies are pretentious shit.

No wonder hipsters love them.

racofer

Thread Incliner

Turjan said:

Discuss!!

Wow. So a game you considered to be mediocre nonsense that wounded your brain - you played it over and over again?

Come on, Wirmy. You can't be that dense not to spot such an obvious joke. Just read what I wrote right there, in orange, at that post.

And now your beloved KotOR is a game of Biowhores?

It sure is. And I never said I liked the game, even on that post. I merely stated that KotOR is more of a starwars game than KotOR2 can ever be, simply from a star warsy point of view. It's still a shitty game in all regards, but it's a good star wars game.

You want me to show you how you turned from an NWN2/MotB-hater to sworn defender of NWN2/MotB?

Oh, you mean by that post I made here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ith-rogues-for-nwn2.69879/page-2#post-2258166

I will even quote it:

It shouldn't be long until Gladiatrix III is made available, at least judging by the progress reports on its blog.

On a side note, I have a... confession... to make.

I started playing, at long last, NWN2, and I decided to put up with the camera and initial boringness of the starting session. And... it's good? I mean, the character dialogs are quite decent, much better than what I've seen in a while. I seems that I've been poisoned by the Avellonitis. :oops:

Sworn defender if NWN2, by simply saying that I've been enjoying some parts of it, like character dialog. I will order my Avellone t-shirt right away and tattoo him on my chest.

Every time you double down, I am throwing another body into the streets. You want that? Remember, it took me five minutes just to dig up all of that. Or how you championed BioWare as the greatest and then later as the worst? You want that?

Feel free do dig it all. It should be quite amusing.

You should have noticed by now that I just don't have any opinion on anything on these forums. I stepped on Biotard's toes, defended Bioware, stepped on Obsdiantards toes, then defended it, over and over again. Whatever causes the most butthurt, I'm in. Your readiness to dig those posts just show how easy it's to do these things around here.

And btw,

:smug: :smug: :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom