Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I've also fired up the game once again with those new DLCs installed. Also some texture upgrades and some that fix ligthing etc. I dare to say, sometimes the game manages to look even good.
Those new perks and gameplay elements from Dawnguard are totally lulzy and clunky to control The plotline so far is, who would have guessed, laughable. But I'm still enjoying it until I get sick of the same dungeons and designs over and over again.

Do you guys know of some good sound overhauls that add atmospheric sounds? I have a good one, but it only adds sounds to Dungeons (that it does very great though)

Also, the entire game is very quiet for some reason for me. I can crank up my speakers so that my eardrums hurt on normal windows apps, but in skyrim it's quieter. Is there any fix for this?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, I was going to join the vampires, but typical Bethesda, the Vampire Lord which is supposed to be extremely powerful and scary and shit looks more like some deformed goblin. I can already tell how Dawnguard is going to end, though. I fight alongside the Dawnguard, we do good, the vampires somehow kill the leader, and I become the leader of the Dawnguard.

Either that or he steps down due to his age.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
So Dawnguard's plotline is copied plotline from the every other guild?

You join, a SECRET (eventually SPECIAL MISSION) appears, everything goes to hell, guild shatters, you save the day, you become a new leader. Well shit, they could at least think of something new.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, I haven't played through it yet, but that's what I'm guessing is going to happen. Bethesda wouldn't spend too much time on writing a proper plot if they can just repurpose an old storyline and still have it sell like hotcakes.

Wyrmlord

Arcane

You join, a SECRET (eventually SPECIAL MISSION) appears, everything goes to hell, guild shatters, you save the day, you become a new leader. Well shit, they could at least think of something new.
No, not really.

It's rather like this - the basic guild plotline becomes irrelevant, the player and Serana break off into a tangent, and you eventually find yourself in the quest for Auriel's Bow.

The quest for Auriel's Bow is formed as a single mega-quest spanning several large locations in one single continuous path. It's one of the more decent things Bethesda has done. And visually quite fascinating, as far as the huge Forgotten Vale location goes.

Gord

Arcane
Do you guys know of some good sound overhauls that add atmospheric sounds? I have a good one, but it only adds sounds to Dungeons (that it does very great though)

Also, the entire game is very quiet for some reason for me. I can crank up my speakers so that my eardrums hurt on normal windows apps, but in skyrim it's quieter. Is there any fix for this?

There uses to be the Sounds of Skyrim mods on the Nexus, consisting of Wilds, Dungeons (which is what you are using, I guess) and Civilization. Quite good quality save for a few bugs.
Some players however complained about severe save-game bloat and the modder set them all to hidden. (Some other guy has since found a bad script in the civilization mod responsible for the bloat, but only if you remove the mod.)
That happened about 2 or 3 months ago, but nothing has happened since, so you still can't download them.

The Climates of Tamriel mod containes a lot sound effects, too, but I don't know if those go beyond weather effects.
It's also incompatible with Sounds of Skyrim.

The low volume is something a lot of people complained about, seems to be quite common. Might be that there is a fix, try searching the Bethesda forums.

No, Isran lives, Harkon dies and everybody goes home and nobody gives a fuck about you. You engage in an implied platonic romance with Serana, but she's so goth she hates Mara temples so you can't marry her.

Which caused a lot of butthurt.

In Volkihar side of the questline the other vampires are supposedly like "well we're kind of tired of Harkon's shit, kill him if you want".

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
So instead of total brosupremacy and owning another guild in your collection there's a romance. Same shit deal for me.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1742680-marrying-serana/
:lol:

A fucking petition. Petition. The fuck. If the game itself isn't enough, bethesda fans come in :deadhorse:

Because This is the only true character that the Dragonborn has romantically bonded with in anyway. Out of all the quests and side quests you do for most spouse options she would be the only one that makes sense.

Reached 10,000 signatures

Vampire marriage rights. Everyone deserves a chance to be happily married, even if they're undead and soulless.
FUCK.:codexisfor: vampires are new gays

Being friendzoned in a video game? Come on yo.
Seems like the guy has some real life experience.

I had never cared to marry a single person in Skyrim, I started the quests for Dawnguard, and as soon as I went through the initial dialogue with Serena when you first meet, I felt a bond to that character, call it the voice acting, call it the genuine character interest and interest in my character I play as. Serena is the ONE person I 150% want to be able to marry.

I want to bang her
The only honest one.

Being one of the most complex personalities within the game, Serana is the only one who I can say has actually moved me emotionally. From the time when she practically falls into your arms in Dimhollow Crypt to the final battle against her Father, both she and you form and develop a relationship unlike any other in the game world. If you consistently take the "good guy" dialogue options (which I do), you both end up trusting each other implicitly with even the most personal of matters. Her tortured past, her relationships with her parents, her stance as a "Pureblood" are only just a few examples.
Her nature is different from any other female NPC in the game too, so much so that she would be an ideal candidate for marriage. In my experience, most of the "stock spouses" that are already available have a "deadness" to them. They cook a meal, buy items, and occasionally come with you on your quests. Nothing more. This is a perfect opportunity to "max out" her character in a way that actually is rewarding.
If a relationship is to be started and improved (which it has been), there MUST be the option to take it all the way. Sure, she may be a Vampire Queen - make a quest called "A Royal Wedding". For a game to pride itself on the basis of "anything is possible", then MAKE THIS POSSIBLE. I do not just mean add the character to the faction and then leave it. Continue the depth of feeling. It is the ability to tug on your heartstrings that turns a Video Game into a work of art.
Bethesda, you made a remarkable character in Serana. A character which makes us want more. For a "Daughter of Coldharbour", who has been mistreated and spurned for most of her life, she is practically begging to be loved.
Isn't that where our word "Beloved" comes from?
- Cyzicus, Redguard Knight
:rpgcodex:

I fell in love with Serana. After all of the awkward moments we had, I thought we had a big enough of a bond to get married, but no! She simply blames the fact that her "history" makes her "uncomfortable" with chapels! I love her sooo much though! I'm keeping her as a follower FOREVER!
Until the cut-off of electricity supply breaks us apart.

Because I killed my damn wife thinking I'd get to marry her in the end :P
That's quite desperate.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Wow, this is so typical Bethshitsda.

"Oh god we don't have anyone to read the elder scroll."

"Not a problem, by some very convenient coincidence it just happens I saw someone who I think might be a Moth priest enter the province."

Lazy writing at its fucking finest. Would it kill them to spend more than 5 minutes writing their plots?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, Bethesda started the courtship themselves, what with the marriage implementation and what not. It's a bit puzzling for my why they would do that, given how their hiking simlators outsell Bio's erotic VNs by a large margin, but there you have it. Not even 10 mil is enough apparently.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
I remember how I accidentaly married that argonian chick.

So i'm doing a quest to find her lost heirloom or other shit. I found it, and talked to her. "I think you're looking at me in some strange way..."
"YES, I LOVE YOU"
"Will you marry me?"
"YES, MY BELOVED, HUNDRED TIMES: YES".

Well that was fast.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Just played through Dawnguard. While some fights were surprisingly hard, Wyrmlord didn't lie when he mentionend the "megaquest". The locations dragged on for so fucking long, REALLY big dungeons with nothing but fighting fighting fighting the same boring Falmers, oh sorry, "Snow Elves" on and on and on. The Soul Cairne wasn't better. "Kill 3 Keepers". Wtf man.

BTW how do these corrupted elven blood arrows work? I shoot them at some enemies and the sun gets blocked? (I mean with this Bow that you can get in the DLC) It's also goddamn annoying to always feed on people lest they attack you after a certain amount of days as a vampire. :roll:

Being one of the most complex personalities within the game, Serana is the only one who I can say has actually moved me emotionally. From the time when she practically falls into your arms in Dimhollow Crypt to the final battle against her Father, both she and you form and develop a relationship unlike any other in the game world. If you consistently take the "good guy" dialogue options (which I do), you both end up trusting each other implicitly with even the most personal of matters. Her tortured past, her relationships with her parents, her stance as a "Pureblood" are only just a few examples.
Her nature is different from any other female NPC in the game too, so much so that she would be an ideal candidate for marriage. In my experience, most of the "stock spouses" that are already available have a "deadness" to them. They cook a meal, buy items, and occasionally come with you on your quests. Nothing more. This is a perfect opportunity to "max out" her character in a way that actually is rewarding.
If a relationship is to be started and improved (which it has been), there MUST be the option to take it all the way. Sure, she may be a Vampire Queen - make a quest called "A Royal Wedding". For a game to pride itself on the basis of "anything is possible", then MAKE THIS POSSIBLE. I do not just mean add the character to the faction and then leave it. Continue the depth of feeling. It is the ability to tug on your heartstrings that turns a Video Game into a work of art.
Bethesda, you made a remarkable character in Serana. A character which makes us want more. For a "Daughter of Coldharbour", who has been mistreated and spurned for most of her life, she is practically begging to be loved.
Isn't that where our word "Beloved" comes from?
- Cyzicus, Redguard Knight
:rpgcodex:

I fell in love with Serana. After all of the awkward moments we had, I thought we had a big enough of a bond to get married, but no! She simply blames the fact that her "history" makes her "uncomfortable" with chapels! I love her sooo much though! I'm keeping her as a follower FOREVER!

:retarded:

Her "tortured past" is basically crying all the time about her 'dysfunctional family'. She doesn't even care that much about being buttraped by Molag Bal (apparently that's how they're this pure strain of Vampire Lords)

Anyway, she's actually kind of alright, being voiced by Laura Bailey and having a Follower AI that's slightly better than a trap trigger. One of the highlights of this turd, for whatever it's worth.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
You shoot the arrows at the sun. Which they told you. Repeatedly. You spastic.

That was the first thing I tried. It didn't work. Hence me asking here.

E: It's even more retarded when there is overcast weather and you can't see the sun, the game ofcourse still "thinks" it's bright daylight and you suffer under those sunbeams.

I remember how I accidentaly married that argonian chick.

So i'm doing a quest to find her lost heirloom or other shit. I found it, and talked to her. "I think you're looking at me in some strange way..."
"YES, I LOVE YOU"
"Will you marry me?"
"YES, MY BELOVED, HUNDRED TIMES: YES".

Well that was fast.

909c35.jpg

28j9n4m.jpg

34i21ih.jpg

2i8w6m1.jpg

2dlrmzr.jpg

:dance:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You shoot the arrows at the sun. Which they told you. Repeatedly. You spastic.

That was the first thing I tried. It didn't work. Hence me asking here.

E: It's even more retarded when there is overcast weather and you can't see the sun, the game ofcourse still "thinks" it's bright daylight and you suffer under those sunbeams.
Weird, it worked for me. Ominous sounds start to play, sun goes all total eclipse with a blood red corona and stuffies. Are you sure you are using the correct blood soaked arrows?

roll-a-die

Magister
Wow, this is so typical Bethshitsda.

"Oh god we don't have anyone to read the elder scroll."

"Not a problem, by some very convenient coincidence it just happens I saw someone who I think might be a Moth priest enter the province."

Lazy writing at its fucking finest. Would it kill them to spend more than 5 minutes writing their plots?
If you play the vampire side, you learn that the vampires set that in motion. It wasn't random.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Do the quests change much if you play either side? I only tried out the vampire side, but I guess you have to do pretty much the same for both ones, no?

GeeZee - what a heartwarming story. :love: :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom