Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

2e19mrp.jpg

i1bkpk.jpg

Why in the fuck is Telvanni Tower an ordinary mushroom, and not sprouting vines? They better have a good excuse, like flora from Telvanni district being unsalvageable because of Argonians due to which they have to make do with what they have.

Regvard

Arcane
Why in the fuck is Telvanni Tower an ordinary mushroom, and not sprouting vines? They better have a good excuse, like flora from Telvanni district being unsalvageable because of Argonians due to which they have to make do with what they have.

Least of my worries. In before they come up with something like "Telvanni ababandoned their EVUL slavery" and now are consoletard friendly. I suspect that was one of the reasons why they destroyed Vvardenfell.

Turjan

Arcane

Least of my worries. In before they come up with something like "Telvanni ababandoned their EVUL slavery" and now are consoletard friendly. I suspect that was one of the reasons why they destroyed Vvardenfell.

You are out of the loop. That already happened in Oblivion times.

Regvard

Arcane

I know Helseth banned slavery but I can't imagine Telvanni lords giving a fuck. I know Vvardenfell and Telvanni got zerged by lizards after the eruption. Didn't hear/read anything specific about Telvanni and slavery though. What am I missing?

Turjan

Arcane

I know Helseth banned slavery but I can't imagine Telvanni lords giving a fuck. I know Vvardenfell and Telvanni got zerged by lizards after the eruption. Didn't hear/read anything specific about Telvanni and slavery though. What am I missing?

The biggest slave holders and also the sole suppliers of slaves were House Dres. They allegedly completely switched sides and were allied with Hlaalu. Or something like that. Telvanni was cut off from the sources.

Anyway, your question was whether slavery was changed to please the consumer masses. It was. What else is there to know? No idea how this will be in the new DLC, though.

Regvard

Arcane

The biggest slave holders and also the sole suppliers of slaves were House Dres. They allegedly completely switched sides and were allied with Hlaalu. Or something like that. Telvanni was cut off from the sources.

Anyway, your question was whether slavery was changed to please the consumer masses. It was. What else is there to know? No idea how this will be in the new DLC, though.

Thanks.

No idea how this will be in the new DLC, though.

I don't think those decimated Telvanni are in any position to get such a ball rolling. It's like the Enclave Remnants from New Vegas wanted to terrorize entire cities again.

Oh well, we'll see in three days. Anyone with Xbawks here willing to buy this on day one:troll: or burn this when it hits the TPB?

No idea how this will be in the new DLC, though.

I don't think those decimated Telvanni are in any position to get such a ball rolling. It's like the Enclave Remnants from New Vegas wanted to terrorize entire cities again.

Oh well, we'll see in three days. Anyone with Xbawks here willing to buy this on day one:troll: or burn this when it hits the TPB?

Seems from leaks and screens that this Miraak dude will be to Dovahkiin what Ulysses was to Courier.

EDIT: fuck, I replied instead of edit, nvm

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I have embraced the decline and bought a retail copy of Skyrim for $10 during some Microsoft store blowout. Not really interested in the DLC since Bethesda invariably makes repetitive shit that is nowhere near worth the dollar-per-hour entertainment value.

DraQ

Arcane

Also, it should be noted that Telvanni didn't rely on slavery that much. They benefited from it, of course, and were staunch supporters due to what they perceived was infringement of their ancient rights.

Now Dres, whose whole economy relied on massed slave labour, just flip-flopping because Helseth said so was beyond :retarded: .

Anyway, your question was whether slavery was changed to please the consumer masses. It was.
I'm honestly hoping that what we are seeing is Beth backpedalling from quite a few decision they made when making oblivious.

Brelyna Maryon in College in Winterhold in vanilla states that House Telvanni is alive and well in Morrowind, therefore I presume they what they meant by it was some kind of main family "pure-blooded" branch and not, say, some adopted foreigners.

Gord

Arcane
Interesting, I thought they had weaseled out of the DLC-exclusivity agreement with Microsoft with Hearthfire.
Yet again, they have shown who their true masters are... M:

Ultimately it matters little though, I wouldn't pay 20 bucks for a DLC and unless it would have been on sale during the Steam christmas sale, it's unlikely to drop much in price anytime soon, anyway.

:keepmymoney:

Kahlis

Cipher
Something I haven't been paying attention to, don't know if Bethesda has explained it yet - where exactly are these volcanic regions in the DLC? Edge of mainland Morrowind? Islands in the Sea of Ghosts?

I like how ever since vanilla Skyrim Bethesda seems to just be trying to pay lip service to Morrowind fans by throwing in all of these old factions, settings and weapons without realizing that they're simply meaningless without the atmosphere (and >3 stats) Morrowind had to back them up. I really don't get it. It's like that "geek chic" thing where people go around wearing stupid Nintendo and Minecraft t-shirts because "HUR DUR GUYS DID YOU KNOW 8-BIT AND CASSETTE TAPES AND PAC-MAN WERE THINGS."

I think some of the new environmental art looks fairly respectable though, and I mean the new environmental art and not the horribly distorted mushrooms and Bonemold helmet that looks like part of a scuba suit. The basalt columns come to mind.

Brelyna Maryon in College in Winterhold in vanilla states that House Telvanni is alive and well in Morrowind, therefore I presume they what they meant by it was some kind of main family "pure-blooded" branch and not, say, some adopted foreigners.
I don't think there were any actual Telvanni family members in Morrowind, just the bickering councillors and mage lords. Or at least I definitely wouldn't remember them relative to how many Dunmer there were with the Hlaalu namesake. I forget how it goes, though - if the house comes before the first name I think that's their affiiation, and if it's after it then that's the surname or something like that. I remember on the Bethsoft forums how there used to be jokes regarding how Nerevar's full title would have been Indoril Nerevar Indoril.

Either way, I'm sure they're all hanging out in Port Telvannis or something. Now that's something that I'd like to see Bethesda try and do. Then again, maybe the very reason they keep drastically altering the geopolitical/cultural climate of Morrowind is so they can keep rehashing it in future expansions/DLC without it being as obvious how hilariously underwhelming it will always be compared to the efforts of the Tamriel Rebuilt team.

Something I haven't been paying attention to, don't know if Bethesda has explained it yet - where exactly are these volcanic regions in the DLC? Edge of mainland Morrowind? Islands in the Sea of Ghosts?

Seems like coastline along Raven Rock/Fort Frostmoth due to being closest to Vvardenfell.

I think some of the new environmental art looks fairly respectable though, and I mean the new environmental art and not the horribly distorted mushrooms and Bonemold helmet that looks like part of a scuba suit. The basalt columns come to mind.

Well, to be fair:

RedoranGuard.jpg
BonemoldHelm_MW.png
180px-MW-quest-Sujamma_to_Dunirai.jpg
180px-MW_Plant_Scathecraw.jpg

Anyway, I like the Morrowind imitation here. More so than Shivering Isles Dementia one. They should've stick to Gah-Julan helmet as well, though.

Interesting, I thought they had weaseled out of the DLC-exclusivity agreement with Microsoft with Hearthfire.
Yet again, they have shown who their true masters are... M:

Ultimately it matters little though, I wouldn't pay 20 bucks for a DLC and unless it would have been on sale during the Steam christmas sale, it's unlikely to drop much in price anytime soon, anyway.

:keepmymoney:

The only game I've bought 'recently' was New Vegas on October 22, 2010. Before that was, I don't know, probably some cheap ass Thief Antology or something.

After that affair with Obsidian's problems due to 84 Metacritic with that cyrograph, I deeply regret this decision. I should've waited a few more days for Skidrow or something; but thinking I'm fighting the good fight with my money, I essentially supported the devil. Now, I don't plan on buying anything anytime soon, and *certainly* not anything from Bethsoft.

Oh well. I'll probably be watching some LP on Youtube tomorrow by someone who has to talk inane shit all the time:x in his videos.

Erzherzog

Magister
Wait, they still haven't released Dawnguard for PS3?

Since when does Bethesda hate money? It's fucking Bethesda, they're pretty much the most dollar-influenced RPG developer out there.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I don't get why they're charging $20, though. I downloaded Dawnguard and the measly bit it adds to the game certainly isn't worth one third of the game's base price.

Gord

Arcane
I don't get why they're charging $20, though

Because they can, obviously. Skyrim sold very well, and there are enough retards that are willing to pay 20$ for DLC that's hardly worth half the amount.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom