Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SMT: Nocturne

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
What's funny is that when the game got released I was buying about every PS2 JRPG released here but bought Nocturne only much later (after looking for actual info about the games I didn't own) because of the "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series" precision on the box which made the game look like some retarded cash-grab instead of a real game.

Readher

Savant
Sega will "aggressively" focus on PC ports after Steam strength during lockdown
Strong sales of Persona 4: Golden port will lead to more Sega catalogue titles on PC

Sega will start "aggressively" porting games from its back catalogue to Steam, due to the strength of digital PC sales during the COVID-19 lockdown.

The Japanese publisher's Entertainment Contents division -- which includes video games -- was the sole performer in an otherwise dismal Q1, as the global pandemic's impact on arcades, pachinko parlours and holiday resorts dragged on its bottom line.

In an investor Q&A released today, Sega said that "repeat sales" of its catalogue increased significantly in March and April this year. While that growth slowed during June and July, sales were still higher than 2019.

The key platform during that period was Steam, specifically in Europe and the US, with consumers purchasing digital games during lockdown.

Sega highlighted the performance of Persona 4: Golden, in particular, a PlayStation Vita game from 2012 that launched on Steam in June this year. Sales of the PC port were "significantly higher than expected," the company said, and that has influenced its strategy going forward.

"Going forward, we intend to aggressively promote the porting of previously launched titles to Steam and other new platforms," Sega said.

"Under such direction, we would like to take multi-platform rollout in account and prepare the PC version and others from the start."

Sega has a robust, PC-focused business in its games operations outside of Japan, with some of the industry's leading strategy and simulation developers in its portfolio.

Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Amplitude Studios and Sports Interactive are all owned by Sega, and their games are likely to have driven the company's performance on Steam during the lockdown.

These comments suggest that Sega's management in Japan has recognised the strength this provides, and will now make PC an equal priority on all new releases.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-08-19-sega-to-aggressively2
https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/library/pdf/settlement/2021/1q_main_qa_e_final.pdf

Higher

Literate
I wonder if they'll give Dante Raidou's pierce attributes, or if he'll be exactly the same.

Anonona

Learned
I wonder if they'll give Dante Raidou's pierce attributes, or if he'll be exactly the same.
https://nichegamer.com/2020/08/12/s...s-dante-from-the-devil-may-cry-series-as-dlc/
Now, Atlus has confirmed there will be a Maniax DLC pack (literal translation: Maniacs Pack), adding content from the Maniax version of the game. Players can start a new game in Maniax mode, and changing the title screen to the one in Maniax.

Toshiyuki Morikawa will reprise his voiced role as Dante. The announcement also notes “In this work, ‘Penetration effect’ is added to Dante’s skill ‘Swear in my father’s name.'” [Translation: Google Translate]

If this is to be believed, then it seems like they will.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
The english patch for Nocturne Maniax Chronicle Edition has been updated to version 1.1.3, for who are interested.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Whatever, I'll be playing comfly in my sofa
But that's what I already did long ago. PC master race can also use HDMI cables and TVs. The whole muh console for the living room thing is a false dichotomy.
But you still need to mess with emulator configs.

:smug:
The PS4 game is indeed the one you should play. It has a new difficulty setting tailored just for you.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
The more I see of this "HD" rerelease the more disappointed I get. I'm starting to think it probably would be better to wait until it can be emulated instead of buying the switch version.

y74n80.gif

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
The more I see of this "HD" rerelease the more disappointed I get. I'm starting to think it probably would be better to wait until it can be emulated instead of buying the switch version.

y74n80.gif

Same and probably gonna be $50 or even $60 Half-assed Remaster going by japanese price.

What's stupid to me is that OSTs still comprrressed. Even the Half-assed Remaster of The World Ends With You had Remixed OST (+ you could change between old and new). And when compare to Xenoblade Deifinitive Edition , it's even worse. Hell they didn't even confirmed that if they changed random skill inheritance or not... I expect more from 2020 Remaster.

lightbane

Arcane
The more I see of this "HD" rerelease the more disappointed I get. I'm starting to think it probably would be better to wait until it can be emulated instead of buying the switch version

Ditto. I do like the visuals and the voice acting MIGHT be good, but that's not enough for this price. Cute pic btw.

e. Hell they didn't even confirmed that if they changed random skill inheritance or not... I expect more from 2020 Remaster.

That would require actual effort, which is anathema in modern day. Most people from the original Atlus left as well.

I wonder if they'll change the script regarding the women shown in the game, since one of them is brutally maimed and becomes a literal monster in form and personality, while the other is stated to be a living sacrifice of sorts. This won't fly if the SJW brigade hears about it. Then again, this situation assumes that journos can go past Matador, which is unlikely even with the new EZ mode.

Amurada

Educated
In earnest, I prefer the compressed soundtrack. Other than the general lack of new content, is there anything to be disappointed about with this entry?

lightbane

Arcane
Hmm...

The optional Merciful Mode isn't the only change coming to Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne; some dialogue has been rewritten, and nearly every character and spirit will now be voiced. Yamai said the remaster project has been in the works for "about two years" and that development has been completed. "It went even bigger than what we had in our minds as we received so many messages about the game," he said. "For these reasons, we might not be able to answer everyone’s wishes, so I’m sorry about that."

Goddamn it, I was joking!

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Hmm...

The optional Merciful Mode isn't the only change coming to Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne; some dialogue has been rewritten, and nearly every character and spirit will now be voiced. Yamai said the remaster project has been in the works for "about two years" and that development has been completed. "It went even bigger than what we had in our minds as we received so many messages about the game," he said. "For these reasons, we might not be able to answer everyone’s wishes, so I’m sorry about that."

Goddamn it, I was joking!

Inb4 they rename Alciel's Sol Niger move too. :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom