Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SMT: Nocturne

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Now you can understand why publishers are against emulators (https://atlus.com/atlus-and-emulation/). It is not about emulators facilitating piracy. It's about publishers not to be able to selling their products twice.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
They could have at least imported the updated models from the newer games or something

For what purpose? Original Nocturne still looks insanely good.
To make the game look better. This is supposed to be a remaster. So far its the exact same thing with a higher resolution and voice acting. Even the textures are the same. You can just play the ps2 version for the 50th time if you think it looks so great.

It actually looks worse then the original(colors look washed out) and without any mod support or any additional features the ps2 version is still the best.

The colors in my screenshot are a bit off from normal since I'm using PCSX2's reshade feature. They did definitely added a bunch of bloom that washes out other things. However I've never been able to fully fix the PS2 version's blur effect which is omnipresent and very annoying in motion, so assuming they remove that it'll be better. Not worth a remake better though.

Endemic

Arcane
:?

VG1EFI1.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
It actually looks worse then the original(colors look washed out) and without any mod support or any additional features the ps2 version is still the best.

The colors in my screenshot are a bit off from normal since I'm using PCSX2's reshade feature. They did definitely added a bunch of bloom that washes out other things. However I've never been able to fully fix the PS2 version's blur effect which is omnipresent and very annoying in motion, so assuming they remove that it'll be better. Not worth a remake better though.
You were using these codes, or sth else?

Code:
comment=Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne SLUS-20911 CRC E8FCF8EC
patch=1,EE,202FC0E4,word,00000000 // 00000001 motion blur off
//patch=1,EE,202FC0E8,word,00000000 // 00000001 radial blur off (not recommend, because it also affects color correction same as aggressive crc hack)

I'm checking now and it actually looks fine. Maybe I didn't have the hacks properly turned on?

This is the full list I use

Code:
gametitle=Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne (SLUS-20911) (CRC-E8FCF8EC)
comment=Widescreen Hack.
patch=1,EE,202F59B4,word,3FC6C6E7

// NOP out old interlaced field switch
patch=1,EE,002AA1B4,word,00000000

// Another field switch here that needs to be NOP'd to prevent
// post processing effects from getting misaligned when entering
// and leaving menus.
patch=1,EE,002ADBE0,word,00000000

// Patch sceGsResetGraph arguments to set 480p
patch=1,EE,002C81D4,word,24110000 // addiu $s1, 0, 0x00
patch=1,EE,002C81D8,word,24120050 // addiu $s2, 0, 0x50
patch=1,EE,002C81DC,word,24020001 // addiu $s3, 0, 0x01

// Skip drawing of accumulation framebuffer (avoids 3-frame ghosting, slightly darkens 3D scenes)
patch=0,EE,0012AC08,word,03E00008

// Remove Motion Blur
patch=1,EE,202FC0E4,word,00000000 // 00000001

Deflowerer

Arcane

That is some of the cheapest, money grabbing shit you can imagine.

It will be hilarious if when you activate Dante DLC, Raidou is deactivated for ultimate money-grabbing and zero effort. :lol:

Of course Raidou will be deactivated since he was a replacement for Dante.

As for moneygrabbing, I suspect it has as much to do with Capcom. Doubt that the Dante deal back in the day for Nocturne applied to remasters, so Capcom probably is requesting extra dorrars for Dante's inclusion as well.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Guess CAPCOM just wanted something from the cake as well, and told them they could include their TRADEMARK figure for the price of a mini dlc.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can't have him and Dante in the same playthrough. You eiher start the game as usual, or you pick another menu option to start with Dante. So, they are mutually exclusive.

Lol, Atlus.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
After playing the remaster I will buy a PS5 just to play the remaster of the remaster (where both Raidou and Dante will be priced DLCs).

I guess making up a new storyline where you can have both Dante and Raidou would take more effort than they're willing to put into a remaster, so you get to choose who will be the mysterious isekai'd demon hunter for the playthrough. Raidou is the default because the remaster is based on the version of the game he's in, Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax Chronicles: Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning: Brotherhood of Steel. Do the japanese like Dante or Raidou more?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom