Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Submitted a druid design as well, but wont post , no one will steal it ! :)

How he is in theme?

The name of my is "Circle of Rivers" which as the abilities suggest focus in the most underepresented element. Water.

V_K

Arcane
but nothing for level 10 and 14, you can still submit something!

Level 14... level cap increase?
Apparently the new DLC will include a new adventure for 10-14 lvl. What else could it mean?
I hope they'll allow us to just create a lvl 10 party for that adventure specifically, I don't feel like replaying the whole game with new classes just yet.

rojay

Scholar
You will almost certainly be able to carry a party over to the DLC, but given that they're adding new classes, I suspect you'll be able to start a new party as well.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Couldn't think of anything for Barbarians but I had a few ideas for an elemental damage focused Druid.

There's a new archetype with Claws that do elemental damage.

Elemental Rampager.jpg

Elemental Rampager II.jpg

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Couldn't think of anything for Barbarians but I had a few ideas for an elemental damage focused Druid.

View attachment 20497

View attachment 20498

The last time I had a chain discharge, I was on antibiotics for a month.

I think there are a number of interesting possibilities for druid subclasses whether focused on shapeshifting, elements, plagues, plants, etc. while Barbarians are a harder one in my mind. They had the totemic stuff in 5E, but otherwise I guess focusing on rage, maybe on two handing or dual wielding... Maybe some sort of feral beast master guy like Tarzan or something. Or a barbarian unarmed brawler could be cool although possibly more mechanically demanding than the devs would want for Solasta.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

View attachment 20497

View attachment 20498

The last time I had a chain discharge, I was on antibiotics for a month.

I think there are a number of interesting possibilities for druid subclasses whether focused on shapeshifting, elements, plagues, plants, etc. while Barbarians are a harder one in my mind. They had the totemic stuff in 5E, but otherwise I guess focusing on rage, maybe on two handing or dual wielding... Maybe some sort of feral beast master guy like Tarzan or something. Or a barbarian unarmed brawler could be cool although possibly more mechanically demanding than the devs would want for Solasta.

Lol sry man wrong thread. rusty_shackleford is gonna tear me a new asshole for this one.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but wow, the Nexus modding scene for this is hot and heavy.

Our good friend Holic92 of Call of The Wild fame from PF:K has made a ton of extra classes (including Druid, Warlock, even a Bard - yay!), and there's all sorts of other bits and bobs there.

Holic's mods utilize the standard Unity Mod Manager (same as for PF:K) plus his Solasta Mod API and Mod Helpers (installed via Unity).

Haven't yet tried, this is just a PSA.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but wow, the Nexus modding scene for this is hot and heavy.

That shows you how much brand recognition matters (even when it's just OGL and not a full D&D product). It's obvious that if this was just a decent fantasy tactical RPG with some generic ruleset, it would be nowhere near as popular.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Did any of these niggas mod a UI that doesn't look like it was hatched in MS Paint? Hahahahahahaha

Trithne

Erudite
Are you ready for more Solasta? That’s right, today we’re revealing part of our upcoming DLC – say hello to the Barbarian and the Druid.
Myzzrym you did it! You sneaky son of a bitch! I know you did it just for me, thanks! :brodex:

I thought this was Pink Eye for a second and wondered why they were excited about a class that wasn't monk.

Did any of these niggas mod a UI that doesn't look like it was hatched in MS Paint? Hahahahahahaha

To be fair, you look like you were hatched in MS paint.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
lol, this is totally bonkers, I've got 56 mods loaded up now - a gazillion new classes and subclasses (both for the official classes and the new classes! :) ), crafting stuff and other QOL and UI tweaks. I've also subscribed to a bunch of officially Steam-supported fan made adventures that you can subscribe to via Steam that load into the dungeon editor section (I'm thinking it's easier to keep the two types of mod separate that way). I don't think there's any such thing as campaigns proper yet (I guess that's reserved for official campaigns).

As if all that weren't enough, there's a multiclassing mod too ferchrissakes (the newer of two there) with UI adustments to match (so your spell ranks can stack up to 3 or more above the action bar). There's even a mod that's supposed to let you DM for other players (NWN style) - haven't tried that yet though.

I've already started a three-part adventure (Witch Queen somethingorother) with a party comprised of a Barbarian, Druid, Bard and Tinkerer :)

Everything I've tested so far seems to be working fine, I'll report here if there are any major probs I come across. (Note: the only thing that I tried that prevented Solasta from loading - giving an error message and a quit option - was one that added vicious mockery to the Wizard cantrip list.)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom