Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Released

PrettyDeadman

I agree with the UI looking shite. Looks like something out of endless space 2. Fucking hate this windows 10 style UI design in so many recent games. Still gonna buy this.
it looks like endless space / endless legend and etc. because some of the devs worked on those games previously.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Well, I could not get it to run, the game just kept loading forever. My buddy could not get through the (stupid and unskippable) tutorial, as the game would lock up when you are forced to disengage. It's worse than Kingmaker on release, there you could at least play the first two acts before it started to fall apart.

So if you really want it, wait for the patches and discounts.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Imagine missing out on the best D&D video game adaptation in years because of a menu option without any consequence whatsoever.
solasta-rpg-party-cutscene-900x506.jpg

"Thas rite!"
What? Literally what.

Now even the existence of black women with strange hair is enough to dismiss a game?

Dynaheir-DYNAHEI-Portrait-BG1.png

This has nothing to do with games becoming politicized, this is about people becoming retardedly obsessed about this shit.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Pronouns in game = I buy on torrents. Thanks for the warning.

Economic pressure is the only thing they understand. One day they'll cave in to us, if we stop buying their trash.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
THEY fukkin' STARTED it, WE will FINISH it.
It's already over, and they won. Kids these days love "inclusivity" and "diversity", and they're the ones who will decide what's considered normal from now on.

If you won't play any RPG that gives you a choice of pronouns then you can probably forget about playing any future RPG with customizable characters.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Dude. I bought the game. I don't buy shit based on woke garbage or anti woke garabge. I purchase games if I think they'll be reasonably playable. That doesn't change the fact that wokeness is for retarts.

"They" is not a transgender thing, FYI. People who are transgender believe themselves to be male or female. They believe in two genders like most logical people. LMAO They just think they are a man with a pussy or a woman when they have a dick.

LMAO

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You really have to be at the top of internal insecurity to get triggered by a grammatical option that is part of character creation.
People have pronouns - that's not exactly new, is it? Pretty sure that's been the case with many languages since *counts finger*... a few years, but not a lot more than one or two thousand.

There's not even an agenda here. Pronouns exist, always have. And in this game you can select yours.
Good, more options - not that I ever cared much for cosmetic stuff.

Where is the threat to you in having an option for other people that won't influence your experience in any way whatsoever? It blows my mind, really.
It's like getting triggered by devs allowing the color yellow in your outfit.

Imagine missing out on the best D&D video game adaptation in years because of a menu option without any consequence whatsoever.
solasta-rpg-party-cutscene-900x506.jpg

"Thas rite!"
I don't get it. What's the problem here?
Sure, the faces are not exactly AAA, but that was to be expected, no?
The hairstyle? Man, I wish I had hair that would allow stuff like that (not that I like that style, but I'd love to have the sturdy hair for it).
Honestly grasping at straws here...

Show me some actual woke bullshit, which typically comes in the form of cringe writing, and I'll laugh about it with you.
But this ain't it.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Economic pressure is the only thing they understand. One day they'll cave in to us, if we stop buying their trash.
More people will buy a game because of dumb shit like that, than people who will decide to not buy it. Why would they care about the opinion of people who dont even buy their game, while the SJWs do? When did we stop playing and judging games based on their writing, amount of meaningful choices and consequences and underlying RPG systems, and instead became just as deplorable by politicizing a fucking hobby?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
best D&D video game adaptation in years

I mean, it's not like there's much competition for that title.

Anyway hopefully the combat is good, because I gotta agree with the others that nearly everything in this trailer looks like ass. The UI is weird, the NPCs look like cut from Oblivion and I think I've seen better spell effects in Dungeon Siege 1.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
best D&D video game adaptation in years

I mean, it's not like there's much competition for that title.

Anyway hopefully the combat is good, because I gotta agree with the others that nearly everything in this trailer looks like ass. The UI is weird, the NPCs look like cut from Oblivion and I think I've seen better spell effects in Dungeon Siege 1.
Well, people that care so much about character creation having pronouns can still enjoy Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
When I finished last in my school sports I got a trophy for 18th place.

I am proud of my achievements!

rohand

Cipher
Loved the combat in the demo TBH, and if the story is barebones fantasy it sounds like a turn based IWD?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Haha I'm such a yikesaroo to be late to this party how U all liking it I HECKING love the look of this old-skool kickass RPG game

Shrimp

Arbiter
Going to try this over the weekend. Any specific subclasses that I should pick in order to maximise enjoyment?

Radech

Augur

It's a world that contains a girdle of forced sexchange, so pronouns are needed*, also I demand fluctuating pronouns when playing an elf, because I sure as hell can't tell the difference, though I guess I could just put elf/elf

*Edwina(he/him)

Edit post removing a copy from GoG's inventory that didn't work post chargen, so literal first impressions nanoreview:

Can only put They/Them, not Elf/Elf, elves being they is now canon in my pnp campaigns. Aligning my goals of genociding the root cause of both cannibalism and sjw'isms into a neat final solution*, thank you Solasta crew, consider me inspired!.

Also coop would've added three day 1 purchases, instead we spend the evening with Wasteland 3, which was surprisingly amusing(3rd guy had to hotseat on second guys setup though, but we made it work, still a stupid restriction. A game I had previously shelved on the kickstarter folly shelf after wasteland 2/nutorment.

I'll return to this title later, looking forward to see how combat compares to ToEE/Kingmaker/Baldurs3, as I've been going on an oldschool squad bender lately. But wasteland 3 has pushed my interest further towards starfinder/gunplay. ArmorPiecingIncendiary > +2 flaming, just saying.

*Wir mussen die Elvisch-Bolshevismus Ausrotten

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
A luck they added that pronoun option, the outrage and drama for such an important issue is bumping the threads up.Help people who missed the game to learn about it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"More people will buy a game because of dumb shit like that, than people who will decide to not buy it."

Explains how modern BIO is at the top of their game.

Tim the Bore

Scholar

I'm sure the combined forces of few randoms on 'dex will bring developers to their knees.

Anyway, could someone say something useful about this game? Gameplay, performance, level design?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom