Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Released

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Could someone actually talk about the game itself? Is it shit? How shit is it?

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Whoever fights commies should see to it that in the process he does not become a commie. And if you gaze long enough into an mqrxism, the marxism will gaze back into you.”

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could someone actually talk about the game itself? Is it shit? How shit is it?

Combat seems fun and it's fairly low-mid level encounters (as is quite standard for 5e).

Story/writing seems poor, though that's to be expected in a combat focused game.

elverkongen

Learned
Yes, it does affect me. For the same reason I know you wouldn't purchase a game that required you to recite the Lord's Prayer before you could play.
Not really a good comparison.
That would require me to actively do somelthing I don't want to do.
A pronoun choice is an option that - if I held your antiquated beliefs - I would simply not make use of. Pretty sure selecting your sex automatically selects the default pronoun with it.

(see last 2 minutes or so)

I would have to hate something so much that its mere existence as an option in a game would deter me.
Ain't gonna happen - I couldn't hate something so insignificant so much. I'd be irked in your shoes, but that's about it.
Truly a dumb hill to die on.

Btw. I'd totally recite some prayers if the game was worth it - in contrast to you, I do not suffer from delusions or am so ideogically blinded I just refuse to accept reality or simple facts of language of the last few hundred years.
Come to think of it, that would actually be pretty hilarious. The looks of my GF alone while I recite prayers to my PC would absolutely be worth it.

LMAO just watched that video, the gender selection is either male or female? So people are getting their knickers in a twist over... nothing? Phantom trannies, trying to commandeer their games?

They took 'er games!
iu

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Pull? I'm just interested in your language and display as a non-multi-ethnic person, as self-proclaimed autistic individual and, what I thought until now, a person with self-respect.

Update your roguey.txt, I'm less European-derived than most of the people on this forum https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/general-blogdex-thread.82758/page-980#post-6082923

Post me more links from the wiki, as opposed to actually playing the game. That'll help your argument.

Why would I give these pozzed frogs money?

What? Literally what.

Now even the existence of black women with strange hair is enough to dismiss a game?

This has nothing to do with games becoming politicized, this is about people becoming retardedly obsessed about this shit.

The point I'm trying to make is that their ideology influences multiple choices they make. There are some prestigious posters who may object to these choices and are better off informed about them.

As for Dynaheir, a black magic lady looks less out of place in a European fantasy setting than a black soldier in armor.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As for Dynaheir, a black magic lady looks less out of place in a European fantasy setting than a black soldier in armor.
How so?
This isn't any existing setting as far as I can tell.

It's their own setting - if they say there are equally mixed races around, then that's what it is.
No idea if that is what they are saying, of course.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
If character models or gender pronouns bother you in an RPG, then maybe you should head to fucking resetera or rpgwatch.
The Codex is the place to air these grievances. You'll get auto-banned from ResetEra, in particular, for even questioning the decision.

You really have to be at the top of internal insecurity to get triggered by a grammatical option that is part of character creation.
People have pronouns - that's not exactly new, is it? Pretty sure that's been the case with many languages since *counts finger*... a few years, but not a lot more than one or two thousand.

There's not even an agenda here. Pronouns exist, always have. And in this game you can select yours.
Good, more options - not that I ever cared much for cosmetic stuff.

Where is the threat to you in having an option for other people that won't influence your experience in any way whatsoever? It blows my mind, really.
It's like getting triggered by devs allowing the color yellow in your outfit.

Imagine missing out on the best D&D video game adaptation in years because of a menu option without any consequence whatsoever.
solasta-rpg-party-cutscene-900x506.jpg

"Thas rite!"
I don't get it. What's the problem here?
Sure, the faces are not exactly AAA, but that was to be expected, no?
The hairstyle? Man, I wish I had hair that would allow stuff like that (not that I like that style, but I'd love to have the sturdy hair for it).
Honestly grasping at straws here...

Show me some actual woke bullshit, which typically comes in the form of cringe writing, and I'll laugh about it with you.
But this ain't it.
like I literally don't understand how to use 'they' in a sentence if speaking to one of these people? Do I have to speak like some Italian gangster? "What are yous people doing over there?"

I would have a hard time employing the proper 'pronouns' if I was actually trying, I have no idea WTF it means..lol..are we celebrating schizophrenia, or multiple personality disorder as a normal condition instead of a mental defect? I don't even get it, wtf is happening here?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How so?

It's their own setting - if they say there are equally mixed races around, then that's what it is.

Yeah, they can make any creative choices they want no matter how absurd they look.

Ventidius

Arbiter
Early Access / Release. Why do you think they made this change?
JbPhjht.jpg

Imagine being one of the guys that gave them money at the EA stage, only to be met with the current clown show. Must have been like:

Trannies. Trannies never change.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How so?

Yeah, they can make any creative choices they want no matter how absurd they look.
It is only absurd if you think a black person in soldier armor is absurd.
Which would only be the case in a very racist setting. Which I don't really think their setting is.

like I literally don't understand how to use 'they' in a sentence if speaking to one of these people? Do I have to speak like some Italian gangster? "What are yous people doing over there?"
Singular they has no grammatical difference to plural they. It is only used when talking about a person to begin with, not when talking to them. This ain't some "royal highness" crap.
If you don't know how to use the third person plural in English, you urgently need to go back to school.

Mortmal

Arcane
Pull? I'm just interested in your language and display as a non-multi-ethnic person, as self-proclaimed autistic individual and, what I thought until now, a person with self-respect.

Update your roguey.txt, I'm less European-derived than most of the people on this forum https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/general-blogdex-thread.82758/page-980#post-6082923

Post me more links from the wiki, as opposed to actually playing the game. That'll help your argument.

Why would I give these pozzed frogs money?

What? Literally what.

Now even the existence of black women with strange hair is enough to dismiss a game?

This has nothing to do with games becoming politicized, this is about people becoming retardedly obsessed about this shit.

The point I'm trying to make is that their ideology influences multiple choices they make. There are some prestigious posters who may object to these choices and are better off informed about them.

European fantasy setting with black soldiers in armor ? You dont even have to go fantasy, since 8th century franks had quite afew skirmish with saracens might be quite a few black guys in armor there...
As for fantasy inspired by history , Maugis fighting the saracen wizard Noiron in aigremont , in Renaud de Montaubant. David Aubert, Bruges, 1462-1470
1280px-Maugis_fighting_the_Saracen_Noiron_in_Aigremont.jpg

How so?

It is only absurd if you think a black person in soldier armor is absurd.
Which would only be the case in a very racist setting. Which I don't really think their setting is.

Singular they has no grammatical difference to plural they. It is only used when talking about a person to begin with, not when talking to them. This ain't some "royal highness" crap.
If you don't know how to use the third person plural in English, you urgently need to go back to school.
so they want to control the speech of people who talk about them when they are not even around and when they are talking to other people about them, seems totally fucking crazy.

V_K

Arcane
Asia, South America, the Muslim world and Russia could unite and ban games with propaganda of being mentally deranged.
Oh yes, the economic superpowers that need regional prices to be 70% lower to even consider buying a game. The devs are trembling at the thought of losing such a huge market.
Nigga china is in asia....
Sure, now look at Chinese regional prices on Steam. Spoiler alert: they're set at approximately 60% lower than Euro, just like the rest of those "guardians of decency".

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"As for Dynaheir, a black magic lady"

The best part of Dynaheir is she wasn't Afrikan Amerikan or Afrikan Kanadian or Afrikan European. She was a dark skinned woman. PERIOD.

The FR always had a variety of humans with different skinned colours. Racism was fcoused on actual races like elves, dwarves, orcs, etc. not on one's paint job.

Real life racism is dumb. Too bad the left forgot it was their 'job' (supposedly) to fight against it. Nowadays they encourage racial hatred. LMAO

Mortmal

Arcane
Mortmal those aren't a black lady in plate mail. :M
Sudanese armor.. Now whoever wear that , i dont know . There was women in armor, it was mentioned during the crusades by anna commena . I dont know enough about african history , so cant tell if the same existed in africa .
If there was a flaw in solasta fantasy , it's maybe to not have more exotic styles of armors. Then again, humans are refugee from another world , the melting pot and everyone wearing same style of clothes and armor makes sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom