Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Safav Hamon, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    in 3.5 and earlier editions wizard spells were memorized directly into spell slots. So you could technically memorize as many spells as you had slots, but most wizards would memorize multiples of their favorite spells.

^ Top  
  2. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Timestamped for your convenience. :lol:

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    No need to wait, hardly any bugs, people are vastly exagerrating. If i finished it, means its playable with the luck i have i'd encounter every worse bugs possible by now.

^ Top  
  4. Inspectah Savant

Inspectah
    Yup, so far the only real bug (not counting stupid shit like Beard clipping) is that sometimes my dudes would climb on Air instead of on a block or ledge, but the end result was the same so whatever

^ Top  
  5. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    AHA! You could not make a fool of me this time, game. I had a splendid armor in my inventory. After the fiasco with the magnificent item that I sold, I got very suspicious. I've got my eyes on you game, I've got my eyes on you...
    [​IMG]

Time for some identification. Ah. as I suspected, it is a half plate +1, which fits perfectly on my muscular dwarf. Game, today I was not a fool. Today was a good day.

Show Spoiler
    Sorry (or not?) for being cheesy. Game puts me in a good mood.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. lycanwarrior Educated

lycanwarrior
    New review from Wccftech:

https://wccftech.com/review/solasta-crown-of-the-magister-tactics-dragons/

"Solasta: Crown of the Magister is as solid as any cRPG can get, possibly even more than most, but it's definitely not a game for everyone."

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

How can one of the simplest RPG systems ever made feel overwhelming? D&D 5th edition is barely more complex than fucking Dungeon Siege 3.

• Funny x 6
    • Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    What do you mean by this? I read your earlier posts about it but didn't fully understand.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Darth Canoli Arcane

Darth Canoli
    That "practice makes perfect" was stolen from somewhere, i'm not sure if it's Wiz 8 or somewhere in Might & Magic...

^ Top  
  10. Thac0 Time Mage Patron

Thac0
    Fine fine, you got me.
    Someone who curates the upcoming rpgs list can't have trash taste.
    [​IMG]
    I'll try to not compare it to the ideal of a 5e game in my mind this time but take it for what it is...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Brickfrog Educated

Brickfrog
    Magical items in need of identification are labelled as "magnificent" or with some other similar adjective

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I had a magnificent armor and weapon, or if it was both. These items show no bonuses in their numbers. Take the armor for example. It was a magnificent leather armor. I quickly skimmed the numbers, and it looked like a regular armor. When I sold it, I saw that I had gotten way more money than I should. So, I had another magnificent leather armor... This is getting awkward, I told myself. I should have identified that, oops!

In other words magnificent and splendid items should be identified by your mage, because they are so far +1 items. In shorter words, they are unidentified items. I was thrown off, because when you get potions, it says unidentified potion.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Nortar Erudite Patron

Nortar
    Not to sound vain... but have anyone found my shield yet?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Oh, there are reviews are there?

https://www.pcgamesn.com/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/review

• decline decline x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    People are mostly playing phones games giving them instant gratification now, so of course 5E is overwhelming for such people. The average guy is completely retarded .
    To someone who likes rpg, that's worth 9/10 , pretty sure it will be 7/10 all over the board cause of far too small marketing budget, they arent giving bribes. BG3 will be 9-10 all over , be sure of it.

• decline decline x 2
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. V_K Arcane

V_K
    Possibly. I had a couple of unique shields. Is it the one shaped like a cog or the one with light spells?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Darth Canoli Arcane

Darth Canoli
    A black woman with dreadlocks in armor...
    So it's not Heroic Fantasy anymore, it's just Fantasy? Or science fiction?

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    You need to calm down. She's in the game for literally 30s, as she delivers exposition. I doubt you'll remember her name 30s after she's gone.

^ Top  
  19. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    The reviewer betrays himself as never having played or read the rules of 5E from the title. Impressive speed. It usually takes a few sentences in the review itself.

Also -
    ???

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://venturebeat.com/2021/05/26/solasta-crown-of-the-magister-review-tactical-success/

^ Top  
  21. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    I hope mods will fix it.

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Anonona Learned

Anonona
    Speaking of mods, I decided to look if there were any and it seems there is already a number of user created modules for the game. Pretty sweet.

Show Spoiler
    I wished there was a mod to improve the faces. The graphics themselves are good, but I don't know why the faces are so ugly. Not a deal breaker really, in the great scale of things it really doesn't matter, but it would still be nice.

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    The guy from GameBeat basically gave it a max score, but didn't have the balls to put it in the last diamond for fear of looking like a fanboy. Cute.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://culturedvultures.com/solasta-crown-of-the-magister-pc-review/

Metacritic score starts out at 77: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/solasta-crown-of-the-magister

^ Top  
  25. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    No one seems to mention the home brewed classes or changes to darkvision. No one seems to talk about the lighting either.

I haven't taken reviewers seriously in years. Both Solasta and Biomutant reviews solidify my stance.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.