Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

RPK

Scholar
Reminds him of dungeons and dragons?

you don't say?

lol

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
New review from Wccftech:

https://wccftech.com/review/solasta-crown-of-the-magister-tactics-dragons/

"Solasta: Crown of the Magister is as solid as any cRPG can get, possibly even more than most, but it's definitely not a game for everyone."
del.png

How can one of the simplest RPG systems ever made feel overwhelming? D&D 5th edition is barely more complex than fucking Dungeon Siege 3.
How the fuck did someone manage to find a way to put Solasta's verticality in the cons section rather than a strong pro?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
BMLIF1I.png

I'll try to not compare it to the ideal of a 5e game in my mind this time but take it for what it is...
This IS the ideal 5e game (or at least its skeleton).

Also... NETZWERKAUSLASTUNG LAUFWERKAUSLASTUNG, why does downloading video games sound like a declaration of war in your cursed language?

Lacrymas can you send me a vocaroo where you say NETZWERKAUSLASTUNG LAUFWERKAUSLASTUNG?

Yosharian

Arcane
The character graphics are so NWN-like. I wish they'd gone with drawing-style portraits over these horrible 3D-rendered abominations

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
BMLIF1I.png

I'll try to not compare it to the ideal of a 5e game in my mind this time but take it for what it is...

Are you installing the full release or the early access version? It still says it's in early access for me, but it's still the 26th in my time zone.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
BMLIF1I.png

This IS the ideal 5e game (or at least its skeleton).

Also... NETZWERKAUSLASTUNG LAUFWERKAUSLASTUNG, why does downloading video games sound like a declaration of war in your cursed language?

Lacrymas can you send me a vocaroo where you say NETZWERKAUSLASTUNG LAUFWERKAUSLASTUNG?
LoL some italian would do a lot of fapping tonight. Lacrymas have become quite the sex symbol on the codex. Should make an onlyfans account.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The character graphics are so NWN-like. I wish they'd gone with drawing-style portraits over these horrible 3D-rendered abominations
I compared the graphics to NWN2 a while back -
The graphics are NWN2-like, but they do have their charm *for me*. Objectively, however, this should've been a 2D game.
And I still think it should've been 2D.

Yosharian

Arcane
I think the graphics in general are perfectly fine, I just don't think the characters look particularly good and relying on stills of the character models for portraits is a mistake

Mera

Novice
Thought I would use my first ever post on the Codex to contribute a little something, though the hasty translation doesn't do the original text justice.
https://www.gamekult.com/jeux/solasta-crown-of-the-magister-3050880889/test.html
(pretty good website btw, usually way more severe than mainstream medias and they're tests are really good most of the time)

+ Excellent tactical combat
+ Good fidelity to 5E
+ Elegant art with beautiful environments
+ Tactical verticality
+ 40h and highly replayable
+ Tons of settings to adjust difficulty
+ Dungeon creator is easy to use
+ Dungeon creator will multiply the content

- Disappointing from the technical side
- Linear story
- Alignment doesn't matter
- Rest makes the game trivial in the long run
- Missing races and classes

The paragraph bellow reasserts that, saying it's a good counterpoint to BG3 with less production value and worse writing but better gameplay and that it's qualities outweigh the defaults.
Also concludes that with support from the community, could become the NWN of it's generation.

Polanski

Scholar
Old old news, but how the fuck did half-elf beat out half-orc as the last race? 5 races and now 3 of them are just amounts of elfiness.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

V_K

Arcane
A black woman with dreadlocks in armor...
So it's not Heroic Fantasy anymore, it's just Fantasy? Or science fiction?
You need to calm down. She's in the game for literally 30s, as she delivers exposition. I doubt you'll remember her name 30s after she's gone.
I was waiting for someone here to lose his shit over her. I didn't expect it to happen before the release though.

Bara

Arcane
Plus there is a potential reason for it to make sense as humanity are survivors in this settining from another world so it's not hard to believe the survivors went for a melting pot culture when they got jumbled around on another planet.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean it’s like there’s a certain DM whose mom makes him put a Mennonite in every campaign. You might like the DM but you still roll your eyes.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I rely on Infinitron to keep me up-to-date on all my gaming information. If I’m behind the curve it means he’s been slacking.

Acrux

Arcane
hit me up when the game is on sale and has some decent modules up in the workshop

I don't know if it will have a release day sale, but there are already several good class mods on Nexus. And one that allows variant (better) human rules.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom