Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Almost certainly not. The beta key probably just becomes your actual key in your Steam library
I'm asking that because Myzzrym has said otherwise on Discord:
So went to take a gander at the Solasta discord for more tidbits came across this post by Myzzrym about what happens if a backer uses their code for steam early access but the game rleases on gog later:

No, if we eventually release on GoG we'll likely just send you an another key. Lke seriously you bought the game, I don't want to be counting peanuts on who prefer steam who prefers GoG.

Cool devs remain cool.

V_K

Arcane
Just to be clear about this - if I participate in the EA on Steam, can I get a GOG key when/if that happens? I don't care what happens with the Steam copy after that.
It was being discussed right on this page, just a few posts above:
Myzzrym I know you said for kickstarter backers if they redeem they're code on steam but a gog version becomes available you'll just provide another code which is completely awesome.

I'm curious though for those who buy the steam early access version is the same applicable to them?
Bara: Unfortunately I do not believe we can do the same with Steam purchase. I'll have to check with the team, but I don't think that's going to be a thing.
So - yes if you're a backer, no if you just buy EA.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Just to be clear about this - if I participate in the EA on Steam, can I get a GOG key when/if that happens? I don't care what happens with the Steam copy after that.

Almost certainly not. The beta key probably just becomes your actual key in your Steam library

Some games like The Witcher, or Mount&Blade Warband, will accept your Steam key on other platforms, but most wont.
They want the sale to happen anywhere but Steam, since Steam has the biggest publisher cut of all the online stores. But its also the most secure and convenient for players, so you really have to also be there to get noticed. Even store owners like Activision, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, CDPR still put their games on Steam in addition to their own store, despite the cut.

So, almost certainly not, but.... a ghost of a chance. It has happened before.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Finally got around to playing the demo.
I loved it. It felt like I was playing in Moria, the battle system is a blast, and environmental interactions felt appropriate (present, but not overboard like Div-uh, some other games).
On the negative side spell animations were a little overboard, and voice acting was a mixed bag. I really liked the party dialogue system and the banter (which seemed based on the "personality" stats generated in character generation).
Very interested in EA now. :bounce:

Bara

Arcane
I wonder if the crown of the magister will be a in game item and if it'll be plot relevant because its a magical crown of special powers or more like Realms of Arkania's Salamander Stone and is needed to political unite factions or such.

I'm hoping the latter.

Also Dev Update 22 came out a few days ago

Never mind that was already posted don't know how I missed that

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
Well, I backed the kickstarter so I'm going to dip my toes into EA version. But since I'm not big on replaying games, I'm not going to put more than a couple of hours into EA.

covr

Prophet
Patron
EA obviously. I didn't played the demo not to spoil myself some fun.

So far, I am really happy regarding EA titles: the only ones I've bought were PF:Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous (both super fun), Old World (already a fantastic game) and Gloomhaven (also fun already, even without campaign). I am glad I can support smaller studios and have a bit of the final product before release.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinitron - I am respectfully asking those tags at the top be removed, if that is within your powers. I think it's about time we forget about Safav Hamon's shenanigans.

Hehe why, because it makes the game look sketchy with a banned "Fanboy" as the OP?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hehe why, because it makes the game look sketchy with a banned "Fanboy" as the OP?
Nah... it was just his thing with Deadfire, and then Baldur's Gate (?!?). Maybe the X-COM and 5th edition tags are tangential to the thread, I guess, but even those seem off. I just have the feeling this game might be its own thing rather than taking from other games.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since it's not on GOG, no.
You GOG loyalists are worse than hipsters.
I used to prefer buying things on GOG when I could, but now that it's been proven beyond a doubt that they don't give a shit about good indies, and also with that atrocious new launcher, that's no longer the case. I'm pirating whatever I want to keep a DRM-free copy of from now on.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Since it's not on GOG, no.
You GOG loyalists are worse than hipsters.
LoL and i thought that you were a communist.
A single flower does not make spring.
No,but a single compromise leads to losing fate! People were saying that accepting homofaggotness won't lead to forcing kids to become trannies and legitimizing paedophilia :).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom