Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik

iu6iG7R.png

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

I don't understand? It says the game was released on August 24, 2023. And there's only 171 reviews. Have they re-released it in order to get rid of old negative reviews? Did previous owners get to keep it?

e: Was it only released on Epic Store previously?

It was an Epic exclusive for a year and now it's finally on Steam.

orcinator

Liturgist
They also finished the legally required DLCs so they can finally kill it for good.
Even I can't stomach MORE larp shit (last DLC's theme) so I'll just assume they haven't fixed the aggressive lack of cleavage on female underwear.

Last edited:

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Saints Row is being given out for free on ps+ right now, but I refuse to taint my game library with its presence. That's how fucken trash this game is, you can't even give it away.

PlayStation Plus users download controversial game just to get free store credit​

One user said “I only installed it as it's the smallest sized game to launch among the 3 in order to get the 50 points PS Stars reward.” If you didn’t know PS Stars essentially act as store credit when redeemed, and while they’re offered for various things, downloading and playing certain games is an easy way to rack up points, even if you just play for a minute.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Welcome to Santo Ileso, a vibrant fictional city in the American Southwest [...] rife with crime, where lawless factions fight for power

People actually think this way.

I guess the new meaning of "vibrant" is "avoid this shithole."

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Welcome to Santo Ileso, a vibrant fictional city in the American Southwest [...] rife with crime, where lawless factions fight for power

People actually think this way.

I guess the new meaning of "vibrant" is "avoid this shithole."
Its vibrant because of the muzzle flashes and bombs.
Really lights the night sky up. Like 4th of July 24/7.
:troll:

illuknisaa

Cipher
Well I was morbidly curious and I lasted 30 minutes. For some reason the audio mixing is insanely bad. The tutorial starts with you attacking some gang hideout and there is barely any sound. Only my character and another npc sound normal everything is just muted. Gunfire, explosions, jet engines etc. are almost muted.

It’s funny the new game seems to have more problems than the old stuff. I doubt any of the 360 era games cost anything close to what this was reported to have cost. The even lost details the original games had.

They would’ve been better off just building this game on the back of the first two games.

I wonder who makes the next Saints Row game? I doubt the series dies with the studio. Black Forest Games GmbH, who’ve been doing the Destroy All Humans! games for THQ Nordic seems like the obvious choice. But Volition got shipped off to Gearbox before being shut down, so maybe they do it. The Space Marine 2 could probably do it too.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well I was morbidly curious and I lasted 30 minutes. For some reason the audio mixing is insanely bad. The tutorial starts with you attacking some gang hideout and there is barely any sound. Only my character and another npc sound normal everything is just muted. Gunfire, explosions, jet engines etc. are almost muted.

I just like taking the freebies to cost Epic money in licensing fees. I don't think I've ever actually played any of them. :lol:

911 Jumper

Educated
The box art for this game is awful

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom