Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
What will be this game's version of FIFA Ultimate Team?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's supposed to finally be the big EA singleplayer story-focused Star Wars game, but if it's not got a heavy online service aspect to it I'll eat my hat.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's supposed to finally be the big EA singleplayer story-focused Star Wars game, but if it's not got a heavy online service aspect to it I'll eat my hat.
Your hat is safe, there is no way it won't have some shit like that. Still, I'm hungry for a decent singleplayer Star Wars game, so i'll probably grind my teeth and accept it.

cosmicray

Savant
Why can't we get away from Yavin Era as far as possible? It's been done to death and beyond.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
jbu9vqu0for21.jpg

Also.
*Probably true due to other recent leaks

Hello there! As always take this with a huge sack of salt but from experience with devs leaking games on foruns, this is probably real.

So i promised to do this thread to a few users about some info i got from a supposed dev that was posting info about Jedi Fallen Order on the ResetEra Gaming Forum, i actually wasnt going to post because after asking the user he said he wanted me to keep it inside the forum but as of today he asked to delete his account from the forum so i said fuck it (sorry fam). Keep in mind that since he deleted his account, all his past posts in the thread were deleted so what im posting is what i remember and is left from replies of people to his posts (replies contain the original message content and dont get deleted as with the original posts):

• Canon

• Basic story is already leaked in the wild (no idea where to find), better and more impressive than BF2 one.

• Backpack companion droid.

• Gameplay will be compared to Dark Souls, being good at parry like in Sekiro will help, you will feel like a Jedi.

• You go from planet to planet, not completely linear but not open world either, you get to an area and explore trying to continue the narrative. (My note: he hinted in a way of upgrading your itens and finding new ones on each planet)

• Wallrunning/parkour was hinted at.

• It will aesthetically resemble Rogue One and Solo while also having some of the Prequels flair (My note: EPIII is the best SW movie :) ).

• Made in UE4, singleplayer only.

• Its no action game a la Devil May Cry or God of War (My note: i think he meant old GoWs).

• Much longer than 5 hours.

• This will be an expansion of SW lore, tho going back to known planets was teased.

• Pre made male protag.

• Big opening, Inquisitors were teased.

• It resembles Jedi Knight and Force Unleashed with a bit of a Uncharted (My note: no Force spam tho and from what i understand the comparison to FU goes only to being a 3rd person action game).

• Cool enemies confirmed

• This is a weird one: he posted a gif of a dude saying "Hi gorgeous, im Jerome" (i think its from Gotham?) then he later posted another gif of the same character with the text "you wanna be a hero?", i really dont know dafuq that means (My note: probably hinting as to who is playing the protag)

• The game may or may not have MTX, tho he said it wouldnt hinder your enjoyment if it had.

Note: this was posted before the poster was leaked by Amazon which really shows a droid companion so it may really have some truth to it.

Last edited:

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath

Kinda surprising for a big EA IP game.

EA employee marketing EA game by assuring audience that there are no EA practices :lol:

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Gameplay will be compared to Dark Souls, being good at parry like in Sekiro will help, you will feel like a Jedi.
Its no action game a la Devil May Cry or God of War (My note: i think he meant old GoWs).
Can't wait to play some genderfluid emotionally engaging padawan who can barely swing a lightsaber without cutting their own limbs off or getting tired after 3 swings, because that's what I think of when I think "Jedi".

J1M

Arcane
The only reason this won't be a live game with micro-transactions is because they started it too late to add them and hit the launch of the new consoles.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Avellone saying lots of positive stuff. Seems like it’s very story heavy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicb...edi-fallen-order-ps4-xbox-pc-story-important/

Gotta believe that if Respawn doesn’t want multiplayer or microtransactions, EA is happy to oblige. Respawn gave them their only breakout hit in years. Without Apex Legends, the company would be so incredibly fucked (EA reported a horrible quarter right before Apex took off and the stock plunged from $92 to $80 in a day—it’s now back to $100 purely because of Respawn). They may be greedy and stupid and shortsighted, but how smart do you have to be to trust the judgment of your only successful studio?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I'm sure someone already made this point, probably even in this very thread (but it's late and I'm tired) -- is that little droid next to the main character the same thing Rey has in her hand when they approach the Death Star ruins at the end of the new Episode IX trailer?

Dexter

Arcane
There's also the Oculus/ILM Star Wars game coming out, although it's apparently short, episodic stuff:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Granted, Fallen Order was already in development *before* Respawn was acquired by EA, so most important decisions were likely already locked down. Once fully assimilated into the greater EA family, Respawn too will suddenly and miraculously stumble from one failure to the next.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order II: A Microtransaction Story

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
if only there were some way of making a game that is neither open world nor story heavy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom