Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

Dodo1610

Arcane
Gaming is really wierd today. The ex Call of Duty developers are doing a single player story based Action Adventure while the RPG studio Bioware has made a multiplayer shooter.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I guess nowadays for action games it's either shitdumb prompt button mashing or "we're totally like Dark Souls".

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
rgCPKtF.png

Doesn't look like Chris contributed a crazy amount - the description is similar to that of D:OS2 with the addition of cinematic scripts.

He's hyping it up a lot. Did he do the same for D:OS2?

Shadenuat

Arcane
I have bad Rebels vibes from this. But maybe if protag is young, he at least won't crush star destroyers with snap of his fingers a la previous SW action game. Probably pointless to expect but I hope for some sort of "heat" GTA mechanic where if you use Force too much you get spanked by Vaider and lose the game.

Can't deny was hoping for more of

a143b52816c77d899b28b2035779e3e3.jpg

and less or better none of

hqdefault.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i'd like to believe the wall running sequence was a hint that it's going to have at least some glimpse of prince of persia-ish gameplay but i bet it was just a cutscene

Hellion

Arcane
I expect an Uncharted-meets-Starwars walking simulator with cutscenes and QTE every 5 seconds. Plus a brilliant side character written by Avellone, who appears on-screen for about 4 minutes during Act 2.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They clearly highlighted the wall running so it's no doubt going to be in the game, but I've got $5 that say it's going to be Contextual™. This reeks of Uncharted.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
They didn't open pre orders at least before showing gameplay like vtmb2 did.

They didn't even show a gameplay, what a letdown. It's 6 months until release, why not?

I think they did the same for Battlefront 2 where the reveal is at Star Wars event and gameplay is saved for EA Play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom