Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Maybe, Bethesda is usually not completely gonzo about this sort of stuff as other companies, but Skyrim is from 2011 and according to the Skullgirl guys that was a different era entirely, so who knows. Thus far it amounted to "the guns are blocky because they have to work on space".

Caim

Arcane
Maybe, Bethesda is usually not completely gonzo about this sort of stuff as other companies, but Skyrim is from 2011 and according to the Skullgirl guys that was a different era entirely, so who knows. Thus far it amounted to "the guns are blocky because they have to work on space".

Bit bigger:

Fzpd5JJWwAAackh

They're going with 11mm on the rifle, which is in the balllpark of .45 ACP. The racist shotgun (middle right) uses 15x25mm shells, which doesn't say a lot to me. Also the Coachman shotgun reminds me of the Sturdy Caravan Shotgun from New Vegas.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Bit bigger:

Fzpd5JJWwAAackh

They're going with 11mm on the rifle, which is in the balllpark of .45 ACP. The racist shotgun (middle right) uses 15x25mm shells, which doesn't say a lot to me. Also the Coachman shotgun reminds me of the Sturdy Caravan Shotgun from New Vegas.

Imagine posting screenshots of Iron Swords and Ebony Daggers from Skyrim and trying to discuss them on their merits as actual weapons.

EvilWolf

Learned

Bit bigger:

Fzpd5JJWwAAackh

Imagine posting screenshots of Iron Swords and Ebony Daggers from Skyrim and trying to discuss them on their merits as actual weapons.

People base their entire Youtube careers on that grift though.

thesecret1

Arcane
BG3's setting is also generic as fuck, but even so Larian is managing to sell it as the biggest and bestest rpg ever made, and people are crazy with hype.
BG3 is an established IP. And I'm not talking about the game (Beth has lots of hype for it), I'm talking about an anime spin-off for it

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I bet this "realistic" setting exists purely to be able to fit as many virtue signal moments as possible - there is no longer any need to wonder how to show in a roundabout way that the bad people are christian straight wypipo, and the heroes fighting against them are rainbow trannies, now they can unapologetically just say all this shit straight up, because it's a "realistic" setting that is supposed to be close to our current world. I'm 100% sure the game will be absolutely full of most blatant woke propaganda ever seen in gaming.
Todd-Howard-Deus-Ex.png

Last edited:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Even just glancing at the NPC's in Starfield should be concerning for anyone worried about an agenda, it being woke, pandering etc. The descriptions will be hidden in case any of you want to find out all about how these clowns fit into the game world on your own. I know quite a few of you actually looking forward to these types of NPC's.

Kibwe Ikande is a commander of the United Colonies faction, found aboard the UC Vigilance on the command deck. He is this games version of Ralof/Hadvar. You will see this guys ugly mug everytime you make a new character and more down the road.

starfield-kibwe-ikande-550x309.jpg

Piracy once ran through Vlad’s veins, but something made him turn away from a life of crime, and join the Constellation faction. It’s unclear at this point if Vlad has some connection to the Crimson Fleet faction, but his previous life could mean he left. He is also the strongest member of Constellation. What a surprise, this is the "strongest" member of your crew. Can you even say no to these bums joining your crew? Can you make your own crew members? I hope so.

starfield-vlad-550x309.jpg

Here is Barrett. A companion, having access to higher food recipes, boosting your damage against robots, and improving your ship’s weapons and designs. He is also the Spacefarer’s first contact with the Constellation faction following the player’s discovery of an Artifact. Fallout 4, the game everyone shits on here (except me and a couple others) had better companions than this. Is this Starfields, MacReady? At least MacReady didn't look like a turd in a suit

starfield-barrett-550x309.jpg

This is John Tuala, a Lieutenant of the United Colonies faction, and a possible recruitment agent for the Vanguard. What the fuck is this? Looks like some indie pro wrestler who headbutts coconuts.

starfield-john-tuala-550x309.jpg

An average quest giver in Starfield. I present, Markieff Sunderland. He needs help with his beans as he works at a restauraunt. Maybe some evil white gang stole his beans! There was one Redguard quest giver in Skyrim. I am betting this game won't only have one single Space Redguard giving out quests, but a whole bunch of them.

starfield-markieff-sunderland-550x309.jpg

Here is Noel. She is a gifted scientist of the Constellation faction, and a potential addition to your crew. Who else would be a "gifted scientist"? Certainly not a white dude or an asian man? Has to be some ultra mutt

starfield-noel-550x309.jpg

Here is the head of the Constellation faction (the faction the player is involved in) Sarah Morgan. An ex-soldier and adventurer, Sarah’s primary interest is in finding the Artifacts scattered throughout the Settled Systems. There is no way this faction could be led by a man. It's far to important. I can 100% guarantee she will talk down to the player character and quesiton most decisions you make.

starfield-sarah-morgan-550x309.jpg

The three offical cartoons posted today were also alarming to anyone who is concerned about Starfield being woke. I explained why a page or two back.

bobocrunch

Educated
its always funny to see shit like this when you realize people literally think black people = woke
actually mentally ill this isnt even supposed to be medaeval europa its just space

bobocrunch

Educated
Late Bloomer collecting images of black men on his computer to angrily rant about how they're uh... black. in space. what the frick this isnt my aryan utopia i need games to adhere to my politics (NO FUCKING BLACKS OR WOMEN!!!!!) not like those fricking sjws

Late Bloomer

Scholar
its always funny to see shit like this when you realize people literally think black people = woke

@Late Bloomer collecting images of black men on his computer to angrily rant about how they're uh... black. in space. what the frick this isnt my aryan utopia i need games to adhere to my politics (NO FUCKING BLACKS OR WOMEN!!!!!) not like those fricking sjws

I don't want to stink up this thread anymore with this talk. I would gladly discuss this in the gamergate thread if you are so inclined. I also wrote something in the "list of woke and non-woke roleplaying games" thread here in general RPG. Or you can just keep thinking that it's those darn racists hating on someone because of the colour of their skin. It isn't. Starfield will be woke, guaranteed.

bobocrunch

Educated

@Late Bloomer collecting images of black men on his computer to angrily rant about how they're uh... black. in space. what the frick this isnt my aryan utopia i need games to adhere to my politics (NO FUCKING BLACKS OR WOMEN!!!!!) not like those fricking sjws

I don't want to stink up this thread anymore with this talk. I would gladly discuss this in the gamergate thread if you are so inclined. I also wrote something in the "list of woke and non-woke roleplaying games" thread here in general RPG. Or you can just keep thinking that it's those darn racists hating on someone because of the colour of their skin. It isn't. Starfield will be woke, guaranteed.
you talk dont about games you just whine because you're probably too poor for a pc that runs them lol

I would gladly discuss this in the gamergate thread if you are so inclined.
yea go back to your containment and quit spreading your retard contagion

EvilWolf

Learned
Even just glancing at the NPC's in Starfield should be concerning for anyone worried about an agenda, it being woke, pandering etc. The descriptions will be hidden in case any of you want to find out all about how these clowns fit into the game world on your own. I know quite a few of you actually looking forward to these types of NPC's.

Kibwe Ikande is a commander of the United Colonies faction, found aboard the UC Vigilance on the command deck. He is this games version of Ralof/Hadvar. You will see this guys ugly mug everytime you make a new character and more down the road.

Piracy once ran through Vlad’s veins, but something made him turn away from a life of crime, and join the Constellation faction. It’s unclear at this point if Vlad has some connection to the Crimson Fleet faction, but his previous life could mean he left. He is also the strongest member of Constellation. What a surprise, this is the "strongest" member of your crew. Can you even say no to these bums joining your crew? Can you make your own crew members? I hope so.

Here is Barrett. A companion, having access to higher food recipes, boosting your damage against robots, and improving your ship’s weapons and designs. He is also the Spacefarer’s first contact with the Constellation faction following the player’s discovery of an Artifact. Fallout 4, the game everyone shits on here (except me and a couple others) had better companions than this. Is this Starfields, MacReady? At least MacReady didn't look like a turd in a suit

This is John Tuala, a Lieutenant of the United Colonies faction, and a possible recruitment agent for the Vanguard. What the fuck is this? Looks like some indie pro wrestler who headbutts coconuts.

An average quest giver in Starfield. I present, Markieff Sunderland. He needs help with his beans as he works at a restauraunt. Maybe some evil white gang stole his beans! There was one Redguard quest giver in Skyrim. I am betting this game won't only have one single Space Redguard giving out quests, but a whole bunch of them.

Here is Noel. She is a gifted scientist of the Constellation faction, and a potential addition to your crew. Who else would be a "gifted scientist"? Certainly not a white dude or an asian man? Has to be some ultra mutt

Here is the head of the Constellation faction (the faction the player is involved in) Sarah Morgan. An ex-soldier and adventurer, Sarah’s primary interest is in finding the Artifacts scattered throughout the Settled Systems. There is no way this faction could be led by a man. It's far to important. I can 100% guarantee she will talk down to the player character and quesiton most decisions you make.

The three offical cartoons posted today were also alarming to anyone who is concerned about Starfield being woke. I explained why a page or two back.
Ah, "space Redguards" I'm fucking dead.

:kfc:

Caim

Arcane

Ah, "space Redguards" I'm fucking dead.

:kfc:
"You see those astronauts from Hammerfell IV? They've got curved blasters. Curved. Blasters."

Silverfish

Arbiter

That's an awful lot of people asking me how often I visit the Cloud District.

Caim

Arcane

That's an awful lot of people asking me how often I visit the Cloud District.
Even in Star Wars the guy in charge of the Cloud District, Lando Calrissian, is black.

Yoomazir

Educated
I guess it's gonna be just like in Cyberpunk 2077 where it was so diverse that the only blond hair, blue eyes, white male in Night City was the character you created...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom