Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Elthosian

Arcane
lol I just placed my order for a new 4090

FUCK YOU TODD WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME

P.S. I will actually also enjoy it for the CP2077 DLC as well as the new The Crew

I also have someone lined up to pay me $450 for my existing 3090

Stop looking at me like that.

Sounds like a bad purchase but if you've got the money then all the better for you, just wanted to say used 3090s are going for around 600.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Combat and ai looks boring so far. Like vanilla fallout 4. They truly release heap of trash each time just to give modders work. Im starting to think its a ploy to focus young minds on wasting hundreds and thousands of hours on fixing this mess instead on organizing and increasing class consciousness.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Combat and ai looks boring so far. Like vanilla fallout 4. They truly release heap of trash each time just to give modders work. Im starting to think its a ploy to focus young minds on wasting hundreds and thousands of hours on fixing this mess instead on organizing and increasing class consciousness.

Absolutely, Bethesda releases games to stop communism

Aphex81

Scholar
The loading time between lift off and space flight was miniscule wich was my main concern about the game. I wish there was a location transition to see what that's like. I am pleasantly surprised. We always knew this was going to be fallout in space, i didn't expect anything ground breaking.

Elthosian

Arcane
the game will still likely become Bethesda largest hit anyways

No way will this game sell better than Skyrim has over the years. Not an established IP, gamepass availability on day 1, and no PS5 version.

Also, pretty small Xbox ecosystem. No way they can get to 60 million players with Skyrim having sold like 10-15 million on PC in 12 years and barely 20 million users with XSX/S consoles.

sosmoflux

Educated
There are exponentially more people in the world and more people that play games than when Skyrim came out
Wouldn't be surprised at 100m sales/players easy

Moink

Cipher
Lot of players, maybe not a lot of sales, can't see a reason to actually *buy* the game.

soutaiseiriron

Educated
Yo, what's the over/under on Starfield actually needing Windows 10 version 22H2? I'm still running 21H1, not sure whether I can be arsed to update by September.
Dy1x5xr.png

update your windows

theory crafting sales numbers pre-release is stupid. nobody really expected BG3 to be a massive success, it only happened to be a massive success post-launch. it also doesn't matter because bethesda is owned by MS now so they have a blank check unless this game bombs worse than anthem. a massive number will play this on game pass on both PC and xbox, only a fraction will buy it on steam for 70eur when they can pay 21eur for 3 months of gamepass

soutaiseiriron

Educated
not wrong, but if you said "bg3 will have 900k peak players within a month of launch" people would have called you insane. nobody expected that level of success.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
nobody really expected BG3 to be a massive success
Pretty sure everybody expected it after DOS2.
Nah, after they added futa, trans and zoophilia it was obvious every STD riddled faggot will buy it. Literally people who never ever played rpg had bought it, having no idea about DnD. This alone says that there was a factor outside of game mechanics that enticed them - aka lots.of.faggotry. Thats what happens when you dont gatekeep.

Shaki

Arbiter
not wrong, but if you said "bg3 will have 900k peak players within a month of launch" people would have called you insane. nobody expected that level of success.
Nah, once the bear shit went live, and normies started talking about it everywhere, it was pretty obvious it would be massive. I estimated 400k peak minimum on launch day, in the pre release thread, and a lot of people were throwing similar or higher numbers.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...o-to-new-thread.135311/page-1045#post-8592318

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom