Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
At 18 min, this guns looks like TOYS.

Why 99,9% of Futuristic games can't make guns that looks like guns?

Looks less lame than an actual Glock/sig, like a stumpy M9.

Shaki

Arbiter
What's sad is that even if it's garbage like the leaked gameplay suggests, it probably already paid for itself just with preorders.

Ulysa

Scholar
The worst thing for me is no atmospheric flight, it will make it feel like you are fast-traveling all the time to a dungeon. The "Bethesda" feeling of exploring a real cohesive open world with little loading screens is totally gone if I am understanding this. The main reason why I play a Bethesda game.

Elttharion

Learned
Did I miss something or does the negro just give you his spaceship for no clear reason? Something like "Well you're an explorer now! Have my ship and I'll just stay on this planet."
The black men will even give away his spaceship to avoid having to return to his wife and kids.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Some takeaways from the leak. First, the leaker.

The black guy who leaked this Starfield video is the perfect representation of the clown world we live in. I can't think of a better person to be the first to review and showcase Starfield gameplay in 2023.

- disgusting oily hands
- ghetto talk that needs subtitles to understand
- shitty room, where everything is just sort of dumped on the ground and looks like it would stink
- makes a white character after messing with the skin tone slider
- gives him grey hair and says it looks like his daddy
- chooses the gangster as his background without reading it
- names him tyrone
- kids crying so he just talks louder to compensate
- he moves on his couch and the sound of chip bags and other things being crunched dominate the room
- when playing the game says it looks 4d
- about 22 mins in notices you might have to read in this game
- is in the planet selection menu and mentions flat earth
- after he goes in his ship and chooses "takeoff" the camera switches and shows his ship leaving, he asks, "is this a ufo?"
- the only thing missing is a fire alarm chirping to let him know the battery is low

As for the game itself...

- You can select from two walking styles. One looks masculine the other feminine.
- The old asian lady, who is your boss, is super irritating. Demeaning and argumentative.
- She has a young white man with her to have as a punching bag.
- She marches through the cave barking orders like a drill seargent.
- I get a feeling the whites in the game are going to be low tier workers and other people in subservient roles
- Her accent is trash
- I can't imagine doing this opening more than once. Alternate start mod can't come soon enough.
- The washed out "nasa punk" colours are drab and dull both in the cave and outside
- The heavy gun animations both in use and putting away are lifted from Fallout 4
- Every NPC is the same height. No height slider for the player that I noticed. Everyone is around 5'9. The legs are short and the torso is long.
- The quickmenu is lifted from Fallout 4 in general design and function.
- NPC death animations are from Fallout 4
- The use of health regen functions the same as Fallout 4 and uses a very similar sound to that of the Stimpack
- The 2nd important NPC the player encounters is a black dude with yet another irritating way of speaking.
- Like the showcase, the characters in conversation with the player, have their eyebrows get stuck in a surprised look for extended persions of time.
- When you take off from your ship it switches to a camera view that shows your ship leaving, then you are put into outer space. No transistion.

Maybe the planet exploration will be good...

:negative:

Just buy and play Armored Core 6 instead. Não vai ter Neguinhos pra te irritar gringo fedido do caralho. No blackies or women to make you mad, only Robots..

Modron

Arcane
Really impressive how awful the marketing has been.
Bethesda games are too retarded to fail. For every normie who is remotely skeptical about Starfield there is a turbo mouthbreather who will buy 5 or more copies of it.

Moink

Cipher
Bethesda games are too retarded to fail. For every normie who is remotely skeptical about Starfield there is a turbo mouthbreather who will buy 5 or more copies of it.
I don't think Bethesda is 100% immunised against a flop.
Even Starield marketing is outdated.
I mean a female breathy-vocals cover of an 80's pop song? What year is this, 2019?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Bethesda have been behind the trends for over a decade. They put a turret sequence in Fallout 4 after everyone had been tired of shooters doing that for 5 years. I'm honestly surprised they didn't ask Inon Zur for Hans Zimmer WHOMP WHOMPs every other track.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
I don't think Bethesda is 100% immunised against a flop.
Even Starield marketing is outdated.
I mean a female breathy-vocals cover of an 80's pop song? What year is this, 2019?
Are you guys seriously saying Todd Howard did a bad job marketing when he came up with this new guerilla marketing method?

I mean the guy even used the wrong spelling of "starfeild" to capture SEO better of different demographics. Holy shit I can't believe how good bethesda is at shilling

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/S_K70e9aRR0?feature=share

The man Todd is a genius and knows how to reach even the darkest corners of the earth to put his game's name in people's mouths

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom