Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm watching this dudebro who leaked the game play it.

Immediately names his character "Gangster"

Fucking lol.

Fucking lol.
Holding the gun sideways could be useful with the huge ones that take half the screen.

Starfield-combat.jpg

Late Bloomer

Scholar

You didn't read my post a few pages back. He didn't name him "Gangster". He chose the gangster background without reading what it was because it sounded cool. He then proceeded to name his white character with gray hair (who he said reminded him of his daddy), "Tyrone".

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

You didn't read my post a few pages back. He didn't name him "Gangster". He chose the gangster background without reading what it was because it sounded cool. He then proceeded to name his white character with gray hair (who he said reminded him of his daddy), "Tyrone".

Shiiieeet, that's even worse.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
First review is in (from the Starfield 40 min gameplay leaker):

What language is this creature speaking? I can't understand any of it.

Here, I can help, as I have the distinct displeasure of understanding him.

Good day, how are you?
Starfield is really fun.
If you are a gamer get this game
If you want to get the most out of the game make sure you play slow and read
Mr Howard, you made a good game at the right time.
I really enjoyed the gameplay
People noticed I wasn't very good and playing and commented as such
I was just trying to have fun and enjoy myself. I don't play a a lot of games
You most certainly don't want to miss this game
I really like Starfield.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Pete Hines with shotgun visited Young Nigga the night before that positive video. Offered him blowjob + 1 000$ in Starfield Creation Club credits. Nigger haggled and asked for KFC bucket too. Uncle Pete sighed and agreed. Nigger TRADE skill lvled up. Uncle Pete got down on his knees. Todd Howard inside his head whispered in the voice of Emperor Uriel Septim: "It can't be Gay, you're doing it for Starfield!"

[HONEST MARKETING] Starfield AKA "Niggers in Stars™" will suck dick of EVERY NIGGER child, man and woman who plays it. Noone sucks better nigger dicks then Pete Hines. Look at that wide smile of his. It's certainly not from playing RPGs

:gumpyhead:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Anyone who fails to see influence of ESG score on story & characters in STARFIELD and every single western AAA game is blind. Go now and get your disability check

Last edited:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Pete Hines
Yes the guy who recently got into a bit of a kerfuffle with an ex-Blizzard dev and got super butthurt and basically said that professionals shouldn't criticize each other.
I have far far more respect for ex-Blizzard devs, especially because I know from speaking to one of them what they think of Todd. So yeah shut the fuck up Pete you non-dev.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Pete Hines is AMAZINGLY retarded. Classic: retard + high charisma combo build. There is looong list of his retarded takes throughout the years at Bethesda. Dude is like 3ed in chain of command. Most of western higher-up managers are like Hines

We need Gaming Industry 2.0

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Classic: retard + high charisma combo build
I would say less high charisma build and more like when all your soldiers in Xcom are dead and you're about to campaign wipe and the one useless rookie held out long enough for the Ethereal to die from ongoing damage rolls that someone else did before they died.
That's how I see Todd and Pete. Two incredibly useless idiots who got lucky and inherited a studio with a legacy.

soulburner

Cipher

Fucking lol.
Holding the gun sideways could be useful with the huge ones that take half the screen.

Starfield-combat.jpg
I don't know why and when exactly developers started to use BIG ASS weapon view models in first person games but it's very annoying. Playing older games is so refreshing, because the gun doesn't cover half the screen. One of my biggest complainst about the new Doom games was exactly that, even when you used the centered view option where it's sometimes hard to aim, because a) the gun is often off center and b) because you can't see shit. I think the only recent game to have normal sized weapons was Far Cry 5. They went back to large ones in Far Cry 6. I hope some other people notice this idiotic thing too and release a mod called "33% smaller weapon view models" on the Nexus.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Really impressive how awful the marketing has been.
Bethesda games are too retarded to fail. For every normie who is remotely skeptical about Starfield there is a turbo mouthbreather who will buy 5 or more copies of it.
I don't think Bethesda is 100% immunised against a flop.
Even Starield marketing is outdated.
I mean a female breathy-vocals cover of an 80's pop song? What year is this, 2019?

2019 feel now as different epoch. All games from that time that weren't published before 2021 will be failures (with few exceptions, like Starfield, but this company doesn't have customers, they have drones, which is an unusual situation).

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Fucking lol.

Starfield-combat.jpg
I don't know why and when exactly developers started to use BIG ASS weapon view models in first person games but it's very annoying. Playing older games is so refreshing, because the gun doesn't cover half the screen.
oEXwbIy.png

Since at least 1999.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom