Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
First review is in (from the Starfield 40 min gameplay leaker):

''No , offense Todd that's a good game''

*Forget the name of the game TWICE*

Idk guys, i think gaming review peaked here.

racofer

Thread Incliner
The future looks great.

1692789849034113.png

And in case you believe you will simply download it from the high seas, this is what the mod author's been working on:

image.png

https://twitter.com/TheNathanNS/status/1694058999887335472

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
The future looks great.

1692789849034113.png

Most people were calling this guy out though. Also I suspect Nvidia won't approve it because the API was never intended to be profited from in this way and they'll want their cut.
I don't think this guys thought it through very well, most of the other DLSS mods were done free. Charging for it seems like a bad idea.

Gargaune

Arcane
The future looks great.

1692789849034113.png

And in case you believe you will simply download it from the high seas, this is what the mod author's been working on:

image.png

https://twitter.com/TheNathanNS/status/1694058999887335472
It's a tricky approach. Most publishers that allow fan authors and modders to collect donations require it be done on a strictly voluntary basis, without conditioning access to any sort of payment. Now, if the "mod" is generic and not inherently applicable to a particular videogame, like that faux-raytracing plugin a guy was making for ReShade, that's outside of the game's IP holder's direct remit, but if it's designed for a given title and you're charging for it, you might get in trouble. And it'll be hard to argue you're not charging for it if the download's behind your Patreon paywall and you've built fucking Denuvo into it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The future looks great.

1692789849034113.png

Most people were calling this guy out though. Also I suspect Nvidia won't approve it because the API was never intended to be profited from in this way and they'll want their cut.
I don't think this guys thought it through very well, most of the other DLSS mods were done free. Charging for it seems like a bad idea.

He also happens to be from China, so not like the little bugman gives a fuck. I guess they could go after the Patreon.

soutaiseiriron

Educated

doubt it. nvidia distributes dlss .dlls on their github. even if they got a message from nvidia legal, they could just take out the .dlls they distribute and tell users to just get the .dlls themselves. i highly doubt nvidia has any legal basis on what his software that hooks into games they didn't make does.
also, the developer is apparently from mainland china so good fucking luck litigating him.

911 Jumper

Learned
The replies here are hilarious. It's a shame I can't react to them individually, especially to those who responded to my post directly, as I'm still a new member here and therefore don't have access to Reactions.

Anyway, with that out of the way, I noticed the game hits you with its “progressive” politics right out the gate. I wasn't sure whether the Asian woman was actually a woman until it started speaking. Optics of a bossy Asian woman, complete with authentic accent, giving orders to a bunch of alpha-looking males is laughable. The male she interacts with at the beginning even uses the term “boss lady” to refer to her.

Last edited:

N'wah

Novice
https://gofile.io/d/NU1YWR backup someone else posted
Holy shit. This looks so bad.

Nothing about the opening sequence remotely piques my interest. In candor, everything is so generic I'm suspicious that Bethesda ran the story through a series of AI permutations to reach "perfection". And if the pacing of the whole game is as self-importantly slow as this funeral dirge of an intro, then lights out.

Saw an apparent leak where some reviewer said the first couple hours basically suck cock, but then when the game opens up it's really great. I hope that's true.
Emil Pagliarulo is the creative lead. The only way to play this game correctly is to steal a ship at the first possible opportunity and fly the fuck away from anything resembling a plot.

Kiste

Augur
Optics of a bossy Asian woman, complete with authentic accent, giving orders to a bunch of alpha-looking males is laughable. The male she interacts with at the beginning even uses the term “boss lady” to refer to her.
It's not laughable, it's the future.

Caim

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom