Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Phil Spencer interview at Gamescon.

Timestamped at 3:39

The only interesting takeaway was this quote
its a big game, ill be the first to admit, the first 3-4 hours are a little bit hunt and peck figuring out what am I actually doing, then you get on a sidequest or something and the game just blows up in terms of its epic scale

The 3-4 hour opening seems to be mentioned here and there. That gameplay leak that featured part of those 3-4 hours certainly showcased some of that concern.

I swear that every time I see Phil Spencer he's fatter than before.

911 Jumper

Learned
Saw a pronoun selection option on the character creation screen in the leaked vid, so yes on that. Didn't see anything regarding custom private parts.

Shaki

Arbiter
I feel like so far there is much less hype for Space Skyrim than there was for BG3. Unless Todd quickly drops something viral like the bear sex, I can't see Starfield winning the GOTY race.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I feel like so far there is much less hype for Space Skyrim than there was for BG3. Unless Todd quickly drops something viral like the bear sex, I can't see Starfield winning the GOTY race.

If Starfield somehow manages to undersell BG3, then Bethesda dun goofted. We're comparing an open-world FPS to a turn-based, level-restricted cRPG.

As for non-codex GOTY, BG3 probably has it locked since the journos seem to love it.

The codex GOTY is going to be interesting.

Shaki

Arbiter
I agree Colony Ship is interesting.
That's beyond being optimistic, after Elden Shit and Disco incidents, I no longer believe a proper RPG can win CODEX GOTY against Reddit favourites.

I'm convinced it will be between BG3 and Space Skyrim, unless by some miracle Vince manages to add tons of freaky sex and fetishes to the game, and get the attention of mainstream somehow.

Elthosian

Arcane

If Starfield somehow manages to undersell BG3, then Bethesda dun goofted. We're comparing an open-world FPS to a turn-based, level-restricted cRPG.

As for non-codex GOTY, BG3 probably has it locked since the journos seem to love it.

Numbers on consoles will be heavily obfuscated by Game Pass. On PC it will be better, but I don't see them outselling BG3 on Steam. I really doubt sales will be a metric for MS anyway. They're going for selling more consoles and Game Pass subscriptions.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
PC it will be better, but I don't see them outselling BG3 on Steam.

I remember guessing BG3 will have 700k concurrent players which I believe was the highest anyone guessed here. It exceeded even that. I knew that game was going to do great with the amount of degernerates (like yourself and games journalist cheering it on as the second coming). But I will go on record stating that Starfield will have more concurrent players and will sell more copies on Steam than BG3.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Starfield Gaming Chair

https://www.siliconera.com/official-starfield-gaming-chair-available-to-try-at-gamescom/

Bethesda collaborated with mattress company Tempur to create an official gaming chair themed around the upcoming Starfield. While there’s no news yet on whether or when the chair will be available for purchase, those attending gamescom between August 23-27, 2023 will be able to take it for a test ride.

starfieldtempur.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Starfield Gaming Chair

https://www.siliconera.com/official-starfield-gaming-chair-available-to-try-at-gamescom/

Bethesda collaborated with mattress company Tempur to create an official gaming chair themed around the upcoming Starfield. While there’s no news yet on whether or when the chair will be available for purchase, those attending gamescom between August 23-27, 2023 will be able to take it for a test ride.

starfieldtempur.png

Ahh, the $5000 chair to protect your virginity.

My extensive experience in the games industry tells me it's far too small.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

HammyTheFat

Scholar
I just saw the news where Microsoft is going to charge everyone another $20 to play on the 1st instead of the 6th. I can't wait to enjoy it (or not) several days before people who actually paid for the game.

Saw a pronoun selection option on the character creation screen in the leaked vid, so yes on that. Didn't see anything regarding custom private parts.
You know, I'm almost done with BG3 and I can't remember a single time anyone referred to my character by any pronoun at all. It almost feels like it was included as a 'fuck you trannies'

Everyone just calls your character 'you' npcs and companions both.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom