Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
There are perks that either increase weapon damage, or unlock new recipes etc. But to buy the next rank of perk you have to complete a "challenge". For example to upgrad to Lasers Rank 2 you have to kill 20 enemies with a laser weapon.
correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't that exactly how Cyberpunk's skill system worked? I recall there were challenges for things like swimming.

Herumor

Scholar
Starfield-9-2-2023-1-27-56-PM.png

Starfield-9-2-2023-1-28-47-PM.png

Starfield-9-2-2023-1-29-13-PM.png

While the game looks good indoors, outdoors it's just a fucking blurry ugly pile of shit. No vistas, no sence of wonder

Cemu-2023-09-02-09-48-35.jpg
Where's that screenshot in the spoiler from? I wanna say Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Fextralife also showed themselves to be shills, saying the gameplay cannot be described as if it's some kind of esoteric shit.
MF, it's a FO4 space themed mod. Can't be described my ass.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
The only one with some spine is that dork Angry Joe. That dude earned my respect when he handled that bitch who falsely accused him of sexual assault. He also hates EA with passion and that's another +.

Last edited:

ColaWerewolf

Educated

Do NPCs have any uniqueness or permanency? Like, are they traveling somewhere? Can you follow them home? How alive are they?

So there are settlements you can craft, yes? How do those settlers behave?

Wtf, you were talking as if you were playing the game just a few posts ago and whining about lack of exploration (bullshit unless you just walk around empty planets like a moron), and now it turns out you're not even playing.

Bunch of fake ass niggers, Vic the only real one that posts here while also playing.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
After farming a bunch of materials I am now looking into the crafting and outpost building, and yup, it's the fallout settlement building mode. You can place an outpost beacon if you are far enough away from the city (1km I think) and then just start building, more advanced structures can be unlocked through research. Both research and construction are of course fueled by all the loot you can collect from minerals, plants and monsters.

Starfield-9-2-2023-3-01-41-PM.png

Starfield-9-2-2023-3-03-51-PM.png

Starfield-9-2-2023-3-03-38-PM.png

Starfield-9-2-2023-3-04-05-PM.png

Edit: You can zoom out quite a bit, oh boy, how complicated/huge can these outposts get?
Starfield-9-2-2023-3-27-48-PM.png

Last edited:

sosmoflux

Educated
Woopdidoo
The game is piss easy already
What's the base building for other than farming le reddit uparrows?

Self-Ejected
I know where the issue is... For the blurry screenshot you have everything downscaled even at ultra resolution the first thing i did when i booted the game was set upscale 100% tho i play 4k basically

Vic

Savant
will update once I have figured that out :lol:
I have never played Monster Hunter nor No Man's Sky, but if these games are anything what I think they are, I'm pretty sure Starfield incorporates it into the game. I can see myself hunting down rare, huge aliens for rare crafting components. And the outposts are probably there to help me explore the planet. Because it's impossible to do so on foot (I've tried), they are just way too huge. Oh, and I think you can build resource extractors, and build robots and all that good shit.
I know where the issue is... For the blurry screenshot you have everything downscaled even at ultra resolution the first thing i did when i booted the game was set upscale 100% tho i play 4k basically
Yes I have set it to 100% too but it's still blurry in outdoors areas. :shrug:

Self-Ejected
will update once I have figured that out :lol:
I have never played Monster Hunter nor No Man's Sky, but if these games are anything what I think they are, I'm pretty sure Starfield incorporates it into the game. I can see myself hunting down rare, huge aliens for rare crafting components
Yes I have set it to 100% too but it's still blurry in outdoors areas. :shrug:
It is in some areas indeed. Not always but seems like an issue mainly when there is the bright plus myst combination

Vic

Savant
yeah, there's basically zero NPC reactivity, can't kill named NPCs are can't even shoot some of them (the girl miner in the tutorial for example, you shoot right through her). Also my companion has been trying to kill this bird alien in the sky for 20 minutes now with a pistol.

Starfield-9-2-2023-3-19-18-PM.png

Bethesda amirite?

Reinhardt

Arcane
This game looks absolutely miserable
It's depressing just looking at it
And every NPC is black or mixed so normal people can't even escape into a nice fantasy world
Is this a demoralization psyop?
Yeah, this is what I was saying earlier in another thread:

Big studios get all their money from an initial sale. They mainly care about the first 10 hours or so, since that's all people finish, and they heavily rely on big money and on the media machine for ads, reviews and buzz in general.

But then you have Japanese and Korean gacha games, which although complete rip-offs are funded by user purchases. Users need to like the game content and want additional content enough to pull out their wallets. Regularly.

Go to any gacha game and count the number of black women vs the number of white women. Real Princess and the Frog reality check. FGO, for example, has I think one actually black woman out of 375 characters.

The problem is, the whole world has gotten used to blacks being forced into every media. So, for an initial sale, where all you're seeing is a commercial and only start thinking about this stuff hours later, it's not a problem.

But if you really had to choose with your wallet the kind of characters you want in the game, you'd probably pick European, Asian or any other race first.
Yeah, the chinese gacha game I'm playing has only 1 black character. Didn't even know about them, had to check when I read your post.
in another eden there are ~5 dark-skinned characters total. and 3 of them are dark elves. and none of them is even that dark-skinned. probably blackest nigga in the game -
101070051_rank5_base.png
If that's the blackest nigga then... the others are albinos!
This is the only darkie in my gacha:
char_293_thorns_1.png
MURZYN!

in another eden "dark-skinned" looks like this

d8NwiRP.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I see many comparisons made with Outer Worlds, saying it's better. I've also thought of Open Worlds quite often whle playing, but my comparisons are always more favorable to Starfield. It is much more open, not only as locations but as mechanics and means to develop and express your character.

Vic

Savant
Companions/Crew have high interactivity with your outposts, like they are opening drawers on your workbench, turning knobs and dials and generally trying to look busy. Big improvement from FO4

Vic

Savant
If you liked settlement building in FO4, SF is gonna blow your mind.

I'm not a very creative person, so this will do for now. My own private abode away from the niggers in the big city.

Starfield-9-2-2023-3-47-00-PM.png

Edit: Maybe I should place a gigantic watch tower like this:

Starfield-9-2-2023-3-52-07-PM.png

Edit2: A military grade scan booster, yeah, outposts are going to be huge in size.

Starfield-9-2-2023-3-59-07-PM.png

Edit3: Yeah, huge

Starfield-9-2-2023-4-00-29-PM.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom