Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I just want more pictures of these diverse mutant NPCs.

My friends and I put on our pith helmets and khakis and go on Safari hunts for natives to at least have a good laugh while playing this shit.. I can share a few.

starfieldwatchulookinat.jpg

starfieldgoforlaunch.jpg

starfieldnasa.jpg

As a bonus, here is a picture that hangs in a prominent location in the Constellation HQ which is the main focus of the story and a faction the player must join. It's actual worship.

starfieldconstellationfounder.jpg

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Why do all the groids have White people hair? Rockville is right next to DC and Baltimore; they 100% know what nog hair is supposed to look like.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
so a tl;dr of the thread pls is the game utter overhyped shit or is it just overhyped shit
not overhyped at all, people not liking it go in either not knowing what they're in for or expecting the wrong thing. For those of us who enjoyed Fallout 4 or games like No Man's Sky this is a very fun game so far.
Are you telling me theres people who actually enjoyed Fallout 4

Readher

Savant
The saving grace of performance is that the game still looks good at medium settings, so I can play it relatively fine (the optimization is still shit, though).

Otherwise, I'm enjoying it a lot. The shooting and movement is miles ahead of anything Bethesda has done to date (probably id Software stepping in). AI is mostly dumb, but they sometimes do a pretty cool thing, like falling back in a group to a different room and taking positions behind cover there, if they feel like they're getting smacked too hard. The locations I've visited so far looked and felt great, except for New Atlantis (too much empty space and too few people for the main capital). Interior areas are also very well done, but imo that was always Bethesda's strong point. Some fairly cool side quests already, like some kind of corporate infighting with murder mystery and stuff.

Didn't land on any procgen planet yet, so can't comment on that. Focusing on making money and visiting things in space (derelict ships, abandoned stations, even found a 0 grav casion that was taken over by pirates, pretty cool). If you've been expecting some kind of grand revolution and/or hardcore space sim, then you'll definitely end up disappointed, but as far as Bethesda games go, I think it's a decent upgrade from their previous output and a good foundation for modders. And while the optimization is shit, I'm really not finding any bugs at all so far, nor stability problems.

Lemming42

Arcane
Legit the best thing I can say about this game is the persuasion minigame. I'm in love with it. It's so simple and yet it's so, so much better than the crap speech system used in Fo3 and FNV.

A lot of people will hate it for introducing a random chance element to speech checks, but I think that's great. Used in a better game with interesting fail states for speech checks, it could be really good.

Perkel

Arcane
Gave it 2 more hours, same shit. You fight scores of enemies because plot requires you to shoot something.
So far Skyrim looks like competent game compared to it.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Game hasn't even properly launched yet.

Untitled.png

Hogwarts Early Access hit 260 000 on steam first day....
Women and other faggots that don't normally play games.

Cottonfield was a bust - the sooner you accept it, the better.

It isn't officially out yet, as was noted. The real numbers will be on the 6th and the days that follow.

Let me try again.

goregasm

Scholar
I just want more pictures of these diverse mutant NPCs.

My friends and I put on our pith helmets and khakis and go on Safari hunts for natives to at least have a good laugh while playing this shit.. I can share a few.

starfieldwatchulookinat.jpg

starfieldgoforlaunch.jpg

starfieldnasa.jpg

As a bonus, here is a picture that hangs in a prominent location in the Constellation HQ which is the main focus of the story and a faction the player must join. It's actual worship.

starfieldconstellationfounder.jpg
Afronaughts and sheet.

Lemming42

Arcane
Starfield will be shit until Starfield 2 comes out then everybody will love this and shit on the new game, rinse repeat
I don't think so. Fo4 was the cutoff for a lot of people, it's the point at which Bethesda clearly started to demonstrate that they don't understand why Skyrim and Fo3 worked for so many people.

I've not really noticed any increased support for Fo4 in the wake of Fo76 and Starfield. People are pretty clear-headed, both here and in the wider gaming community - Bethesda's pre-Fo4 titles are flawed but interesting, while Fo4, Fo76 and now Starfield are very bland.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom