Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe you just suck at shooters, but as someone that has played pretty competitively in some very high skilled shooters, this shit would not be fun for me,
Yeah but if I'm desinging a game, I don't care about your life story, bub.

That is something that will be engaging for pretty much anyone that has a patrician taste in games.
Which is to say someone like you I guess?

First off, Fallout 1 & 2 have dogshit combat, so terrible game to cite when trying to defend this style of design.
According to...? According to people at the time, the game was the best thing since sliced bread.

As for some people liking said system, so what? Lots of people like to play all sorts of shit games. That's doesn't fly as a defense against my statement that the shooting mehcanics you outlined feel bad. I could explain why they feel bad but you didn't ask me that. It's akin to me defending bullet sponge mechanics which you also hand-waived away as "they suck".
You hand-waved shooting in 1st person RPGs in general, because it doesn't stand up to some ideal form of shooter gameplay which you the master of competitive shooters have in your head. I'm telling you you're wrong and there is a way to have fun shooting in an RPG.

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
Does that even make sense, how much tranny content is there?
Literally none that I've seen in game, not a single mention. You can choose pronouns on char creation, but that's it.

People misinterpreted one character's backstory - she's partly cloned from a man, but she's part of a large group of supersoldier clones, male and female, who all share genetic material with the same man, combined with new genetic material (which is why they're all different people rather than direct clones). Her story is about how the man is a war criminal and she's disgusted by her genetic link to him. No transgender allegory or anything.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I love the process of coming up with marginally amusing and possibly edgy monicker for this game.
Niggerfield - A bit too much.
Cottonfield - Clever. Not bad at all.
Garfield - I appriciate the contribution.
Toddfield - I'm pushing this one.

Trannyfield
Are we talking about that clone? That doesn't count right?
That would make Divayth Fyr a tranny-self-fucker... or something?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I love the process of coming up with marginally amusing and possibly edgy monicker for this game.

Trannyfield

From what I understand you can make a tranny as the PC through the use of pronouns.

Science, crafting and intimidation are skills though. If you can fly dumpy class A cargo ships, there’s nothing stopping you from flying class C cargo ships. The only real difference is further warp distance and more cargo space. I just don’t buy it as a meaningful RPG mechanic.
Piloting's a skill, surely. Like all RPG levelling systems, it's an abstraction, but I don't have a problem accepting that my character's knowledge of dinky Class A cargo ships doesn't translate to knowledge of massive Class C starships. In the same way that I can drive a car in real life, but not a HGV, or an M1 Abrams tank. The principles might be the same but you need training to handle a larger vehicle.
I agree that your skill as a pilot should be dependent on skills, such as being able to target specific systems. But locking the ability to use better ships behind skills just doesn't make sense. Any asshole with a Corolla can drive a Ferrari. They might spin out and wreck it, but they don't need a special skill/license to drive one.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
There are gays in Starfield (that you can kill) but so far Starfield has been very tranny free, so big incline from BG3

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron

Trannyfield

From what I understand you can make a tranny as the PC through the use of pronouns.
Bruv... that's every game now...

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Trannyfield

You make leftist SJWs look harmless if that's what gets under your skin

Lemming42

Arcane
I agree that your skill as a pilot should be dependent on skills, such as being able to target specific systems. But locking the ability to use better ships behind skills just doesn't make sense. Any asshole with a Corolla can drive a Ferrari. They might spin out and wreck it, but they don't need a special skill/license to drive one.
Right, but the allegory seems closer to HGVs or even tanks than a Ferrari. The ship you start with is a small cargo ship, some of the ships you can unlock later seem to be military vessels about ten times the size of your original craft.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
29kw9sb14fmb1.jpg

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Boiling the frogs in yet another area, to distract them from the coming worldwide digital dictatorship and enslavement of mankind.
Muh nogs, muh trannies, muh gender-neutral toilets, muh pronouns. If only you knew how bad things really are.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Who's that blonde chick in her late 30s everyone is posting on screens?
Main character's mom?

The leader of Constellation. The main story faction. She is a nag and a whore. Most people like her because they want to fuck their own mother and use her as an their outlet.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Boiling the frogs in yet another area, to distract them from the coming worldwide digital dictatorship and enslavement of mankind.
Muh nogs, muh trannies, muh gender-neutral toilets, muh pronouns. If only you knew how bad things really are.
Hello there, 4chin user.
Make yourself at home. Just... post less anime girls around here.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Drew Karpyshyn from Bioware had some retarded conceptions on races future for Mass Effect that seem to be shared by most of nowadays NuRPG writers. He thought humans would naturally homogenize into a single mulatto brown race and that traits like blond hair and blue eyes were doomed to disappear. I think he wrote a few codex entries on the subject and further developped it in his novels no one read.
I think that's true because males find "exotic" women more attractive to diversify their gene pool
No. This kind of science only works in California.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom