Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Some of these uenxplored systems are intended for level 40 characters. I'm level 24 and I've nearly finished all the big faction quests in the game, and many city side quests. What the fuck am I meant to do for 16 more levels? I don't know how the game's gonna sustain itself, unless an absolute motherlode of new content is going to suddenly spring up before me at some point.
Do enemy levels even matter? I always feel like I’m fighting enemies above or below my level with no describable difference.
they matter for human enemies, but not for wildlife
Really? Weird. So if you go to a level 40 system at 30 and fight some pirates you should get shredded. I’ll test that out tonight.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Really? Weird. So if you go to a level 40 system at 30 and fight some pirates you should get shredded. I’ll test that out tonight.
yup, I went on a level 16 character to a level 65 system and encountered a level 40 merc there, couldn't put a dent in him and he killed me in like 2-3 shots

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The way an activity can get added to your log with minimum explanation about where you got it and what it's about, just because you passed by an NPC that was giving you a "quest hint"... it's QoL functionality like that that they've been working on for 10 years, isn't it?

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Some of these uenxplored systems are intended for level 40 characters. I'm level 24 and I've nearly finished all the big faction quests in the game, and many city side quests. What the fuck am I meant to do for 16 more levels? I don't know how the game's gonna sustain itself, unless an absolute motherlode of new content is going to suddenly spring up before me at some point.
You can beat enemies that are way higher level than you, you know.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
The way an activity can get added to your log with minimum explanation about where you got it and what it's about, just because you passed by an NPC that was giving you a "quest hint"... it's QoL functionality like that that they've been working on for 10 years, isn't it?
Honestly it's kind of necessary with how the game is absolutely filled with useless decor npcs like "citizens". Super hard to find actual quest giver NPCs now in all the clutter...

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Are pronouns rly stopping you from gaming? Or are you just a fake gamer?

I mean yes you can dislike them, but are they stopping you from playing the game? Are they stopping you from exploring, killing looting, building and all the other things the game has to offer? I dont think so.

Real gamers just play games and dont care about politics in the background or what agenda somebody might be pushing or what hidden message marketing has hidden in the game. Real gamers want to escape reality and all that by entering a fictional world and having fun with basic gaming.

Screaming about pronouns and wokeism, in many cases, won't get you banned. Screaming about trannies and negroes will. For me, the exploring, looting, building etc, when being propped up by a bunch of negroes and lesbians, is just not fun anymore. If some half samoan, half black guy with a chicano accent, wants the player to go stop some white criminals at a secret base on a planet, I am not wanting to do that. If you are on this planet, shooting the white baddies, you know you are there at the behest of a statment NPC created by a developer who hates your fucking guts, if you are white/straight/male. Those NPC's that dish out all the exploration quests, the kill quests, the main story quests, are not put there to instill racial harmony and acceptance, they are put there, by people who hate you as a person.
The pronouns, while extremely distasteful and full of venom, and not something I want to support, do not require any development time of note, and can be forgotten about. If every NPC is black/homo/lesbian/strong woman/ without nary a single white dude (except criminals / problem starters / there for the mutt NPC's to laugh at) it can't be forgotten, because eventually you are going to have to talk to them. Even when skipping dialogue (which I detest) the camera zooms in on their face, letting you know, that you have no place in this game unless you align perfectly with the developers ideological view of the future. A universe filled with nothing but shit.

Vic

Savant
only if you have level appropriate gear, I don't think there are stats in the game, just item scaling. So if you fight a human enemy much higher level than you, he will fuck you up if your gear doesn't match his level afaik

I guess you could go to high level systems and loot chests, dunno if chest loot scales to your level or the solar system level, but might work

Vic

Savant

I mean yes you can dislike them, but are they stopping you from playing the game? Are they stopping you from exploring, killing looting, building and all the other things the game has to offer? I dont think so.

Real gamers just play games and dont care about politics in the background or what agenda somebody might be pushing or what hidden message marketing has hidden in the game. Real gamers want to escape reality and all that by entering a fictional world and having fun with basic gaming.

Screaming about pronouns and wokeism, in many cases, won't get you banned. Screaming about trannies and negroes will. For me, the exploring, looting, building etc, when being propped up by a bunch of negroes and lesbians, is just not fun anymore. If some half samoan, half black guy with a chicano accent, wants the player to go stop some white criminals at a secret base on a planet, I am not wanting to do that. If you are on this planet, shooting the white baddies, you know you are there at the behest of a statment NPC created by a developer who hates your fucking guts, if you are white/straight/male. Those NPC's that dish out all the exploration quests, the kill quests, the main story quests, are not put there to instill racial harmony and acceptance, they are put there, by people who hate you as a person.
The pronouns, while extremely distasteful and full of venom, and not something I want to support, do not require any development time of note, and can be forgotten about. If every NPC is black/homo/lesbian/strong woman/ without nary a single white dude (except criminals / problem starters / there for the mutt NPC's to laugh at) it can't be forgotten, because eventually you are going to have to talk to them. Even when skipping dialogue (which I detest) the camera zooms in on their face, letting you know, that you have no place in this game unless you align perfectly with the developers ideological view of the future. A universe filled with nothing but shit.
sorry but that was a copy pasta from steam forums

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
only if you have level appropriate gear, I don't think there are stats in the game, just item scaling. So if you fight a human enemy much higher level than you, he will fuck you up if your gear doesn't match his level afaik

I guess you could go to high level systems and loot chests, dunno if chest loot scales to your level or the solar system level, but might work
You can find some vastly overleveled weapons occasionally, for some reason. And with it you can shred enemies that are 10 levels higher pretty much. Also it seems like none of the gear aside from weapons really matters for combat, weird design choice tbh.

Old Hans

Arcane
im pretty sure that was in Skyrim too

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

Yep I'm getting really tired of the anti white shit they keep putting in all forms of media and entertainment. We are the primary consumer for them and they spit in our face

Modron

Arcane
29kw9sb14fmb1.jpg
Do a barrel roll fox.

Vic

Savant

You can find some vastly overleveled weapons occasionally, for some reason. And with it you can shred enemies that are 10 levels higher pretty much. Also it seems like none of the gear aside from weapons really matters for combat, weird design choice tbh.
but armour matters? how else you gonna absorb high damage

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Look at the bright side: these AAA corpo hacks remind us again and again how good some games of the past are and how FromSoft is still leagues ahead of everyone, despite some recent decline there as well.

Vic

Savant
Look at the bright side: these AAA corpo hacks remind us again and again how good some games of the past are and how FromSoft is still leagues ahead of everyone, despite some recent decline there as well.
fromsoft are japanese

Vic

Savant
when you go into orbit of a planet and there are other ships, you can target them with E and speak to them, they will have a lot of rumours to share, pretty cool

Starfield-9-6-2023-12-31-10-AM.png

So even NPCs hate New Atlantis :lol:

Starfield-9-6-2023-12-39-47-AM.png

Last edited:
For me, the exploring, looting, building etc, when being propped up by a bunch of negroes and lesbians, is just not fun anymore.
I’m still having fun but nogs and women being over represented like they are in all media these days really holds back the believability of the universe. You can’t go anywhere without seeing 5-10 strong female characters spouting cringe tough girl shit. It’s obvious the voice direction for them was “now sound gruff and mean like male characters do.” It’s so predictable and played out.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Done the main quest part in Akila. That was some boring shit. At least the town seems to have been one of the first ones they did, because the transition to wilderness was seamless, maybe they changed the methodology later, or maybe Atlantis was too heavy to leave as one location.

The whole epic battle and finding the relic piece took less than an hour. Good thing I was around to solve their hostage situation on my way too.

Vic

Savant
Honestly, space exploration isn't that bad, you can't fly from planet to planet, so you are limited to the orbit of whatever planet you fast traveled to, but there are random encounters when you do fast travel to an orbit, and there are locations in space to explore. But all of the traveling itself happens via cutscene. You don't even have to open the map to travel to a different planet, if you can see the planet from your cockpit, you can select it with E and fast travel to it without opening the map.

Starfield-9-6-2023-12-47-58-AM.png
Starfield-9-6-2023-12-51-04-AM.png

Modron

Arcane
Do you think spergs will make 30 pages a day about No Man's Cottenfield for the next two months? It's only just started to get more civilized around these parts post BG3's release.

Lemming42

Arcane
Ahaha the random encounters in this game rock. Just met two freighter captains having a Mac vs PC argument about two ship companies. The player can come in and aggro them both by fanatically advocating for a third company they both hate.

It's also a great bit of C&C, as it activates after you do a quest where you can choose to discover some disturbing things about the CEO of one of the companies, which your dialogue options during the encounter reflect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom