Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Ben Zyklon

Educated
This game is so fucking boring, so boring that when I get a new lead on a new quest I just don't bother or don't even explore all the dialogue.

The game is dull and the lore is just boring, if this were Mass Effect would be amazing but it isn't is just Bethesda lame as fuck writing at its finest with nothing that made Bethesda games ejoyable.
Man, your life must be terrible if it's better to play this boring game than do literally anything else with yourself.

And you must be an idiot if you believe all I do is play videogames and specifically this game.

But if you must know, I have been playing Baldurs Gate 3 with my GF now that we had some free time and went back to this game after that and I think this game is boring as fuck.
So what you're saying is... you keep choosing to go back to this boring game... when you could do anything else... and you're trying to use this as your slam dunk moment against my post?

OK. Lol

What is the problem is me playing the game to reach a conclusion about it for myself? malicious fanboys like you would immediately accuse me of not even playing the game if I didn't bothered to play it and said the game sucks.

Thats how evil narcissist cunts like you operate:

• I play the game and say it sucks you will use the fact that I am playing it to attack me
  • I don't play the game because the sources I have checked show that the game sucks, you will use the fact that I don't play the game to attack me.
Complete dishonesty.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What is the problem is me playing the game to reach a conclusion about it for myself? malicious fanboys like you would immediately accuse me of not even playing the game if I didn't bothered to play it and said the game sucks.

• I play the game and say it sucks you will use the fact that I am playing it to attack me
  • I don't play the game because the sources I have checked show that the game sucks, you will use the fact that I don't play the game to attack me.
Complete dishonesty.
That's fair. Except calling me a fanboy of this or any Bethesda game is laughable at best.

Evil narcissist cunt though? Huh. Sorry I hurt your feelings for wondering why you waste your time on shit you hate, bro. Maybe talk to your therapist about it and she'll give you some happy pills and you can stop being such a butthurt whiny bitch.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
This game is so fucking boring, so boring that when I get a new lead on a new quest I just don't bother or don't even explore all the dialogue.

The game is dull and the lore is just boring, if this were Mass Effect would be amazing but it isn't is just Bethesda lame as fuck writing at its finest with nothing that made Bethesda games ejoyable.
Man, your life must be terrible if it's better to play this boring game than do literally anything else with yourself.

And you must be an idiot if you believe all I do is play videogames and specifically this game.

But if you must know, I have been playing Baldurs Gate 3 with my GF now that we had some free time and went back to this game after that and I think this game is boring as fuck.
So what you're saying is... you keep choosing to go back to this boring game... when you could do anything else... and you're trying to use this as your slam dunk moment against my post?

OK. Lol

Complete dishonesty.
That's fair. Except calling me a fanboy of this or any Bethesda game is laughable at best.

Evil narcissist cunt though? Huh. Sorry I hurt your feelings for wondering why you waste your time on shit you hate, bro. Maybe talk to your therapist about it and she'll give you some happy pills and you can stop being such a butthurt whiny bitch.

I described you perfectly, you are an evil narcissist cunt, now you are saying I am the one that is butthurt when in reality I made a comment that said the game is boring and you were the one that was butthurt because I said that, none of this conversation would have happened if you could control your insecurities, the one that needs theraphy is you.

VerSacrum

Educated

I described you perfectly, you are an evil narcissist cunt, now you are saying I am the one that is butthurt when in reality I made a comment that said the game is boring and you were the one that was butthurt because I said that, none of this conversation would have happened if you could control your insecurities, the one that needs theraphy is you.
He's just messing with you man

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
They way our world is currently going, i think its pretty realistic how it is portrayed in Starfield to be honest. In fact the game has too many white people and not enough pronoun stuff. So i give the game props to trying to accurately show what our scoeity will become (well maybe except hopping around planets on ships, i think thats pretty far off currently). So kudos to Bethesda in that regard.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Doesn't this lead to one of the reasons why FO3 was criticized for and that is the theme park design? Every area "unique", but isolated and not affecting the general world?
Did not play FO3 so I can't say, however here are a couple example of rewarding exploration in my opinion :
- Noctis IV has planets you can can explore in an area around your landing point, like Starfield, even narrower. However there is a huge diversity of landscape, great atmosphere, and sometimes you find weird point of interest. Pyramids alignments, huge rocks you can try to climb. Once in a while there you land among weird twisted forests, and if you're lucky there may be a couple alien. Very limited, however the diversity of landscapes offer different activities : jumping around monoliths, slowly walking among trees and getting lost, trying to catch birds, simply trying to find something is good enough since you know you'll find neat places eventually.
- MWLL is a robot multiplayer game. But if you decide to do away with vehicules and walk around, there are building you can enter, spaceships or underwater stations with fully modeled interior. Even in mechs many maps have points of interest away from the battle area. Small wood houses on a remote island, coms station, spaceships landed in the wild. None of them are relevant gameplay-wise, which make it more satisfying.
- Morrowind, yeah, of course, have many useless places. Once in a while you'll find somewhere nice, and when you find unique equipment it feels like a souvenir from the daedric forge, the huge whaterfall, the underground labyrinth, etc. Plus some finds are basically gimmicks, like the propylon indices that are rare artifacts, totally useless in the grand scheme, and only serve to explore more.

Different places should make you act differently, adapt, be curious. If all you get by landing on a remote station is a +1 fuck, then you're not exploring, you're pokemon-hunting.

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
What is the problem is me playing the game to reach a conclusion about it for myself?
Welcome back rookie, I see you are engaging the local wildlife again, strap on your pith helmet and I'll give you the rundown. Last time it was a North African tranny and now it's a 25% nigger, 25% pajeet, 25% jew and 25% South Asian Canadian. His avatar is pretty accurate to how he looks like in real life (as is mine). Normally I'd tell you not to reply to him since he never had anything insightful or worthwhile to say in his entire life but that megamutt spent so much time dodging Canadian healthcare squads he started thinking about his mortality and now he wonders how a healthy young lad with a long life ahead of him like yourself can waste precious time on video games that are total ESG agitprop shit.

He has a point. Around these parts we don't need to play a video game to know it's dogshit. Back in the day before spamming kike took over the front page we usually just sent some poor bastard in a hazmat suit to do a single playthrough and review the newest shit for us while the rest of us kept playing the classics. But as long as you don't plan on ending up in a cartel video anytime soon it's alright, sometimes we need to see for ourselves just how bad things really are even if life is too precious to be spent too long on video games that would get Americans sent to human rights tribunals if they gave them to Guantanamo prisoners.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
They way our world is currently going, i think its pretty realistic how it is portrayed in Starfield to be honest. In fact the game has too many white people and not enough pronoun stuff. So i give the game props to trying to accurately show what our scoeity will become (well maybe except hopping around planets on ships, i think thats pretty far off currently). So kudos to Bethesda in that regard.
exactly, Starfield's representation is a social Fallout, a dystopian future in which we bow down to niggers

certainly a bleak atmosphere running through New Atlantis and seeing all those ugly apes, and the oversaturated colors really add to emphasize the artist's intent to show us how normalized this state of humanity has become.

truly, a prestigious critique of our times that sadly goes over most player's heads

- What the fuck is your problem, bigot. Pronouns are literally no big deal, who cares if they're there.
- No you can't remove pronouns, get fucking banned, why would you want to remove them, you're genociding trans people.

The absolute fucking state.

Seriously. It's no secret that my general leaning is to say, yeah, it's nbd to have pronouns as an option in character creation, or even to have your chicks with dicks options. I don't want them, but if someone does, what the hell? Doesn't really take any significant level of investment or resources. But by the same token, if someone wants to mod that stuff out, just like all the other types of mods out there, I can think it's dumb and not download it, but if someone wants to for their single player game, what the hell do I care?

The fact that they not only want it in there, but need you to have it in your game, whatever your preferences, is insane and simply lends credence to the most die hard conspiracy theorist shit takes for burning the whole system down.

Like what could possibly be their rationale? "If you don't have pronouns in your game, you're violating my human rights!" It'd be like putting mandatory sex mods into the Lego movie game or something so your kids were exposed to it. What gives anyone the fucking right to dictate that?
Turns out that enabling crazies has consequences

https://www.vg247.com/starfield-pronoun-removing-mod-taken-down-nexus-mods

Starfield’s biggest mod site sticks it to the game’s most bigoted mod​

The largest mod site on the internet has taken a stance against a certain subset of Starfield mods, and we're all better for it.

Published on Sept. 18, 2023

If you've been unfortunate enough to witness the often exhausting and embarrassing discourse around video games, you'll no doubt be familiar with a recent one involving Starfield. It has nothing to do with the game's artistic, narrative, or even technical merits.

It does, however, involve a very angry white dude absolutely having a meltdown about... the option to pick pronouns in the game's character creator! So furious was their rage that you could feel them growing new capillaries on camera.

Though modders are mostly talented creators who often work to solve problems, bring crucial missing features to the game and overhaul outdated features (we have a whole list of some of their best Starfield mods to prove it) - some just have enough know-how to create work that keeps them secure in their own little ignorant bubble.

That's what one mod attempted to do: simply remove the option of pronouns from Starfield's character creator. The mod was briefly live on Nexus Mods, the biggest website for mods there is, before the site removed it.

And that wasn't an accident, the site told 404 Media (via PC Gamer) that it doesn't stand for mods that promote division.

A spokesperson for Nexus Mod explained that while the site is "not the police of what people can and cannot mod into (or out of) their games," it wasn't going to host content it objects to.

"Hosting this mod was not for us and it is certainly within our rights not to host content on our platform," the spokesperson said.

"It's not a 'political statement' or an 'alignment to one side or the other in the culture war.' We stand for diversity and inclusion in our community and the removal of diversity, while appealing to many, does not promote a positive modding community."

This isn't actually the first time Nexus Mods took a stance against mods with questionable content, the site previously took down a mod that removed the Pride flag from Spider-Man Remastered.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What is the problem is me playing the game to reach a conclusion about it for myself?
Welcome back rookie, I see you are engaging the local wildlife again, strap on your pith helmet and I'll give you the rundown. Last time it was a North African tranny and now it's a 25% nigger, 25% pajeet, 25% jew and 25% South Asian Canadian. His avatar is pretty accurate to how he looks like in real life (as is mine). Normally I'd tell you not to reply to him since he never had anything insightful or worthwhile to say in his entire life but that megamutt spent so much time dodging Canadian healthcare squads he started thinking about his mortality and now he wonders how a healthy young lad with a long life ahead of him like yourself can waste precious time on video games that are total ESG agitprop shit.

He has a point. Around these parts we don't need to play a video game to know it's dogshit. Back in the day before spamming kike took over the front page we usually just sent some poor bastard in a hazmat suit to do a single playthrough and review the newest shit for us while the rest of us kept playing the classics. But as long as you don't plan on ending up in a cartel video anytime soon it's alright, sometimes we need to see for ourselves just how bad things really are even if life is too precious to be spent too long on video games that would get Americans sent to human rights tribunals if they gave them to Guantanamo prisoners.

It's all good. Jesus loves all His children. Especially the retarded ones.

:love:

Iucounu

Educated
if someone wants to mod that stuff out, just like all the other types of mods out there, I can think it's dumb and not download it, but if someone wants to for their single player game, what the hell do I care?

The fact that they not only want it in there, but need you to have it in your game, whatever your preferences, is insane and simply lends credence to the most die hard conspiracy theorist shit takes for burning the whole system down.

Like what could possibly be their rationale? "If you don't have pronouns in your game, you're violating my human rights!"
Mods like that make them feel they are not accepted by the general public (which is kind of true, hence the hysteriah). Constantly pandering to their demands for forced acceptance only make them feel more entitled, of course. Perhaps these people should stay away from the Internet, since it's not good for them.

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

And how about the author?

Capture1.PNG

I didn't know there were soyboy Arabs. I'm guessing that he is "working diligently to flee Egypt" not for 'more opportunities to hike' but because culturally if they found out he was a far left wokey and probably a homo they'd throw that nigga off the top of a building. Never let it be said that Allah Snackbars are not based AF in some ways. They handle their women and their fags in the only way that allows for society to stay orderly and not decay into Weimar levels of degeneracy.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist

People were saying that Starfield was going to be Daggerfall in space. Ends up not even being close. A shame since they could have done a lot by creating procedural towns and dungeons and quests across planets. I would have preferred that to the dozen pre-fab dungeons they plopped down everywhere.

Ben Zyklon

Educated

He's just messing with you man

I don't know man he sounded genuinely butthurt and I have seen him defending the pronouns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom