Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Caim

Arcane

And how about the author?

View attachment 41275

I didn't know there were soyboy Arabs. I'm guessing that he is "working diligently to flee Egypt" not for 'more opportunities to hike' but because culturally if they found out he was a far left wokey and probably a homo they'd throw that nigga off the top of a building. Never let it be said that Allah Snackbars are not based AF in some ways. They handle their women and their fags in the only way that allows for society to stay orderly and not decay into Weimar levels of degeneracy.
You misunderstand, he's not trying to get out of Egypt, but he's trying to become to become cringe in Egypt.

And from the looks of it, he pulled off his life's goal and his now a writer for a mainstream video game publication.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
I think most people here pirated it, me included

Yeah, I would be so fucking pissed for paying so much on this garbage.

1300 mexican pesos (75 usd) in BG3 but I see myself replaying that game to try evil routes and messing with more mods.

1600 mexican pesos (94 usd) on standard starfield or 2300 mexican pesos (135 usd) on the "premium edition" (that lets be honest you will end up buying for the DLC anyway and you need it for the game to feel complete) for Starfield a game that has failed to entertain me, will have mods too but the best mods will come after they release the kit next year so its an stupid purchase spacially knowing it didn't include shit denuvo, it was a no brainer to pirate it instead.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
What is the problem is me playing the game to reach a conclusion about it for myself?
Welcome back rookie, I see you are engaging the local wildlife again, strap on your pith helmet and I'll give you the rundown. Last time it was a North African tranny and now it's a 25% nigger, 25% pajeet, 25% jew and 25% South Asian Canadian. His avatar is pretty accurate to how he looks like in real life (as is mine). Normally I'd tell you not to reply to him since he never had anything insightful or worthwhile to say in his entire life but that megamutt spent so much time dodging Canadian healthcare squads he started thinking about his mortality and now he wonders how a healthy young lad with a long life ahead of him like yourself can waste precious time on video games that are total ESG agitprop shit.

He has a point. Around these parts we don't need to play a video game to know it's dogshit. Back in the day before spamming kike took over the front page we usually just sent some poor bastard in a hazmat suit to do a single playthrough and review the newest shit for us while the rest of us kept playing the classics. But as long as you don't plan on ending up in a cartel video anytime soon it's alright, sometimes we need to see for ourselves just how bad things really are even if life is too precious to be spent too long on video games that would get Americans sent to human rights tribunals if they gave them to Guantanamo prisoners.

You are very funny man, I'll steal "kike tube" , thats a good one very similar to jewtube, do you have one for Twitch?

(that lets be honest you will end up buying for the DLC anyway and you need it for the game to feel complete)
Most of the time that's not the case, people have just been conditioned to think you need all the DLC because of the idea of crucial parts being removed (when often it's designed in advance to be an extra and feels like it) and the marketing factor of base game + DLC being called DEFINITIVE TRUE GAMER EDITION.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I just did a quest where a doctor told me she'd like to ask something to another doctor, but she couldn't physically go there (100 meters away from her). I went to that doctor, and he gave me a datapad to physically hand to the first doctor.

It's the future and they haven't invented email.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just did a quest where a doctor told me she'd like to ask something to another doctor, but she couldn't physically go there (100 meters away from her). I went to that doctor, and he gave me a datapad to physically hand to the first doctor.

It's the future and they haven't invented email.

Wait til Bethesda hears about WebMD.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Pretty sure this is completely unfixable. Modders would have to edit every godamn object in the game.
The truly unfixable things are the story, the engine and the basic design. This is the problem with any Bethesda game after Morrowind, which had a pretty cool story. Engine etc. still sucked though.
Morrowind's game engine permits easy modding, which has greatly extended the replayability of that game, seemingly in perpetuity, and has been the only saving grace of Bethesda Softworks' later games from Oblivion onward. :M

For that matter, the "basic design" of Morrowind is the one that established the 3D Open World CRPG subgenre, which has proven quite popular, even among Codexers.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gothic got there first and better.
It really depends. From a pure combat perspective, it's 100% true. But Gothic is basically D&D without saying it's D&D. Meanwhile with all of its faults, especially when it comes to combat, Morrowind is a lot more fun to fool around in.

It's like... a... green apples and red apples, kind of thing.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
For that matter, the "basic design" of Morrowind is the one that established the 3D Open World CRPG subgenre, which has proven quite popular, even among Codexers.
Arena and Daggerfall had the same basic design. And other games had a semiopenworld format before Morrowind. Morrowind just took Arena and Daggerfall's design and put it into a smaller theme park format. That's why it's called a walking simulator.
There are Codexers with poor taste. News at 11.

edit: Zed Duke of Banville no, not just a cool story. Gothic came out in 2001, for example.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
The worst games used to get the most posts on the dex since I've been here, for mockery.
Now they get even more posts, because we now tolerate "people" like Vic as well.

Fucking decline, my niggers.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
The worst games used to get the most posts on the dex since I've been here, for mockery.
Now they get even more posts, because we now tolerate "people" like Vic as well.

Fucking decline, my niggers.
do you miss me or why do you call me back to this thread

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They way our world is currently going, i think its pretty realistic how it is portrayed in Starfield to be honest. In fact the game has too many white people and not enough pronoun stuff. So i give the game props to trying to accurately show what our scoeity will become (well maybe except hopping around planets on ships, i think thats pretty far off currently). So kudos to Bethesda in that regard.
I see the ratings, but he's right.
If American or the UN of today was in charge of a space program to save as much of the human population from an extinction event, you can be assured they'd be full of diversity quotas.
And that is going to include a lot of Africans, Muslims, and hood rats.
Which would also lead to unstable space colonies that'll rapidly self-destruct within a generation or two, barring some sort of balkanization or formation of ethnic enclaves.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Blacks have never colonized anything, least of all space.

At best I could see them getting shot into space on a rocket built by the last remaining whites, in search of Wakanda. Like those ghouls in F:NV

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stealth in this game is horrible.
Ha. I was just coming to post about this.

During one mission line you learn the Manipulation skill, which allows you to basically exert mind control and give commands to an enemy for a while. It is given to you in the context of "this will help you on your stealth mission". Suppose you want to sneak across a room with 3 guards, with blind spots here and there but you can't get past all 3. So you are supposed to Manipulate one of them so he doesn't raise the alarm and you can sneak by the other two. But the instant you Manipulate one the other two see him standing there motionless but under your control and they start screaming WE'RE UNDER ATTACK IT'S AN INTRUDER OH GOD SOUND THE ALARM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

I was able to stealth the mission anyway but oh god how I avoided using that skill like the fucking plague.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
For the one or two bethestards in this thread.

There is ANY thing in Starfield which I can do and acn't do in Mount & Blade : Warband + Star Wars conquest?

Is this game worse than Outer Worlds?

HammyTheFat

Scholar

People were saying that Starfield was going to be Daggerfall in space. Ends up not even being close. A shame since they could have done a lot by creating procedural towns and dungeons and quests across planets. I would have preferred that to the dozen pre-fab dungeons they plopped down everywhere.

Did they remove boundaries? I haven't run into one once.

Is this game worse than Outer Worlds?
Fuck no. I uninstalled outer worlds an hour after pirating it because the dialogue was just that shit.

This game has a cringe story and mediocre dialogue, but it isnt on outer worlds level.

It's mediocre at its best, which is far more than outer worlds could claim.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I couldn't play outer worlds for more than 5 hours, starfield I played over 100, both are shit, just different levels of shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom