Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Modron

Arcane
Don't diss Todd's ability to grind he went from answering phones and getting coffee in '95 to lead developer by '98.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
>Trailing BG3 in concurrent players on steam
what do you mean? It has 250k on realease which is way lower than BG3 or even Fallout 4 on release

>Very Positive steam reviews

and the positive review score on steam is because they locked out people who refunded from making a review :smug:

trailing = behind/lower than

I expected starfield to blow BG3 out of the water on Steam especially since it's on gamepass. (edit apparently game pass still isn't connected to steam, fyi)

Open-world FPS with a huge fanbase vs turn-based hubworld design. Very unexpected.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Bethesda and making good looking character models.
Not even once...
the-elder-scrolls-chapter-ii-daggerfall_9.png

fall_001.png
Elder+Scrolls+Daggerfall+(1).png
the-elder-scrolls-chapter-ii-daggerfall_10.jpg

B190AA5E375FD1CC6AFDE89F082E8B4C4C3D5EE3
I thought it was already established that Daggerfall is the exception?
And the best Bethesda game.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I expected starfield to blow BG3 out of the water on Steam especially since it's on gamepass.
no especially since SF is on gamepass does it have lower steam numbers.

And if you expected it to blow BG3 out of the water you didn’t see the steam forums before release :lol:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
If you are going to force the player to stare at your characters up close then at least make the facial animation good. Man the biggest ball drop is this IMO. I don't know what were they thinking. They could have used cinematic angles even with silent MC and put some animation on player like crossing his arms or something. Even better they could have kept some animations specific to traits you pick at character creator for example if you make a strait edge merc he would have a more stoic idle animation etc..

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
and the positive review score on steam is because they locked out people who refunded from making a review :smug:

And you think that is reasonable? It's horrible, people who *refunded* the game are a) interested in the game ergo, they are the audience and b) They think it's bad enough to refund.

A new low for steam... again.

Vic

Savant

And you think that is reasonable? It's horrible, people who *refunded* the game are a) interested in the game ergo, they are the audience and b) They think it's bad enough to refund.

A new low for steam... again.
exactly, smart corpo move by steam

Vic

Savant
King Crispy why did you delete the release thread btw? Given the amount of fake news that was spread before release, game deserved a fresh thread now that more people have a chance to play it

Vic

Savant
well doesn’t make a difference if he made this the main thread does it.

and you said yourself that thread is gonna be purged?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Nothing stopping you from posting in the other one.

If you're comparing this one to e.g. the BG3 threads, well, you have to remember that BG3 was in EA for years, whereas Starfield only had an early release for something like four days.

We don't always create a new thread for every single game once it releases.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So basically every system I get to has a DRAGON SHOUT Totally Original Alien Power now, I'm still waiting for that ERMAGERD THE GAME IS AWESUM moment that Vic keeps shilling about. Nothing has changed my opinion on this games whatsoever.

By the way, anyone bitching about BG3's 6 year development cycle can eat a bucket of donkey dicks. THIS is what one of the biggest studios in the world came up with in 8 :lol:
It’s true they just recycled the shouts from Skyrim :lol:

I also said game is not for everyone, I’m just waiting for a while until those people are filtered out.

If you are one of those that like it, it really does open up more as you explore and do the quests.

Not for anyone, more like. Who is this game for, exactly?

Fallout 3/4 fans won't like it, Elder Scrolls fans definitely won't like it. Someone who was a huge fan of Mass Effect's exploration but felt the game needed more of an Interstellar art style and Outer Worlds-style "humor", but less of a story to tie it all together, might, but that's a pretty small niche.

You pretended like "Into the Unknown" was some goddamn revelation which would make the utter desolation of the capital of humanity make sense because it "was done on purpose".

When all it does is make you visit a black Russian who cracks those Outer Worlds jokes, go rescue another grrrrlboss and get a pretty useless power.

King Crispy why did you delete the release thread btw? Given the amount of fake news that was spread before release, game deserved a fresh thread now that more people have a chance to play it

The fake news came largely from you.

LARGEST GAME MAP EVER CREATED

INTO THE UNKNOWN TOTALLY CHANGES YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE GAME AND MAKES NEW ATLANTIS TOTALLY MAKE SENSE, I PROMISE, TOTALLY CEREAL THIS TIME

LEVELS DEFINITELY MATTER YOU GUIZE, EVERYONE SAYING YOU CAN SHOOT ANYTHING OF ANY LEVEL EVEN MORE THAN IN FO4 IS TOTALLY WRONG

etc etc etc.

You shill this game harder than HHR shills the vaxx.

1694028030859.png

Whose alt are you? Why are you gae?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom