Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Not for anyone, more like. Who is this game for, exactly?

Fallout 3/4 fans won't like it, Elder Scrolls fans definitely won't like it.

I kind of agree, I think it would appeal to many Fallout 4 fans tho. The difference is that it's a looter shooter with procgenned environments. So if you like lootershooters or games like NMS, you will probably like this too. But SF also has a lot of quests in typical Bethesda fashion, so there's that too.

You pretended like "Into the Unknown" was some goddamn revelation which would make the utter desolation of the capital of humanity make sense because it "was done on purpose".

No I didn't say it would give answers to what happened to humanity. What I meant is that it would open up more of the game, now you get those dragonshrines that you can explore in addition to the other locations in the map which makes exploration more worthwhile and gives you cool powers to use in combat.

LARGEST GAME MAP EVER CREATED

It is their largest game map tho.

INTO THE UNKNOWN TOTALLY CHANGES YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE GAME AND MAKES NEW ATLANTIS TOTALLY MAKE SENSE, I PROMISE, TOTALLY CEREAL THIS TIME

I didn't say that, if I did, please quote me on that :lol

LEVELS DEFINITELY MATTER YOU GUIZE, EVERYONE SAYING YOU CAN SHOOT ANYTHING OF ANY LEVEL EVEN MORE THAN IN FO4 IS TOTALLY WRONG

Yes! I already said the WILDLIFE levels (ie the aliens) don't matter. But it matters if you try to fight the real enemies of the game, which are humans.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
N5l7kwH.png

you people will say "LOOK TODD IS WOKE TODD IS WOKE" while France is burning.

HE'S. TRYING. TO. WARN. YOU.

Vic

Savant
Ok, so seems like crispy was joking that this thread is going to be purged, so thankfully we can have a fresh start, which this game absolutely deserves, from all the fake news that was spread before release for meme value!

Vic

Savant
W8 untill the users reviews are up. Critic review means shit since most of them are shills.
I think the game is going to get review bombed immedietely. But the later reviews should be much more positive. It's a controversive game for sure.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Rogue Trader will save this year from woke retard attempts (and just retard attempts)
I bet you $10 there will be at least one of the following:

1) Annoying girlboss
2) Black woman who can do no wrong
3) Someone being persecuted/feeling persecuted for their "identity" (thinly veiled discourse that references current trans/gender ideology)
4) Someone feeling bad for xenos (thinly veiled discourse meant to point at modern racism)
5) Interracial couple

Vic

Savant
Some mods I find good to have:

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/978
I was tired of my character walking too slow but jogging too fast, so I made this script that modifies the speedmult value of the character alternatively so it matches your button press between walk and jog, that way each one will have a more in line speed. This is merely a band-aid fix I thought I could use while we wait for someone more competent to create a mod that directly modifies those values without the use of console commands.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/809
Useless, low-value, miscellaneous objects can no longer be looted.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/799
This is a simple mod that automatically runs a few console commands when you load the game. These commands change the following settings.

• All enemies take 2 times damage, on all difficulties.
  • The player takes 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 times damage, depending on the difficulty setting.
  • All enemy health gain from leveling has been disabled.
This will actually make it necessary to use powerup aid items especially if you are melee and need to close in (not that anybody plays that way).

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/344
Enemies in Starfield have a lot of health. A lot. Tweaking the damage output will not directly solve the issue. So this mod was born.
This mod sets the fNPCHealthLevelBonus to 0, 5, 10 or 15. (Was 20 before)
Enemies still get more health, even when this is set to 0. This is an added bonus, which they get in addition.
This seems to only affect enemies, not the player.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/500
Changes the Default fov for the best option for 16:9 screens (90) (Setting the FOV too low or too high may cause vertigo)

really excited for what modders will do with this game :lol:

I wonder if people will mod previous elder scrolls games into planets!

Perkel

Arcane
Hmm. I think I will have to reinstall it. Turns out that my bad opinion was shaped wrong by amount of ugly niggers on screen and there is a mod to remove niggers.

"Mods will fix it"

:majordecline:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
really excited for what modders will do with this game :lol:

I wonder if people will mod previous elder scrolls games into planets!

Someone's going to upload a mod where you land on a planet and wake up in a wagon.

Self-Ejected
Ahhhhhhh... The sounds of manchild screeching over politics in a gaming thread again.
You have to admit that's p. funny, though. Poor France. Even in a video game in the far future it's getting shat upon.
Ahhhhhhh... The sounds of manchild screeching over politics in a gaming thread again.
You have to admit that's p. funny, though. Poor France. Even in a video game in the far future it's getting shat upon.
Is kinda odd because is mostly the generated pedestrians that are so uncanny ugly usually characters you take quest from are not that ugly. New Atlantis seems to be insanely plagued by it for some reason XD

Lemming42

Arcane
The reception to this one is fascinating. Again, I think it'll start to even out in a couple weeks and then start to shift towards being positive, but if not, we could have a cult classic on our hands - a bizarre situation for a big-hitting studio like Bethesda.

It'd be one hell of a disaster if people react badly to the riskier and more RPG-y elements of Starfield and Bethesda decide to go full arcadey bullshit for TES VI as a consequence. There's a lot of stuff in Starfield that shows immense promise for Bethesda's future, but if the public don't embrace it, Todd might be spooked from trying again.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
The UC is clearly a globohomo organization. New Atlantis is clearly globohomo capital. Hence all the people in power are atheist libtards and the citzenry is nothing but mutt golems.

TODD IS SIMPLY SHOWING US OUR FUTURE AND YOU PEOPLE ARE MAD AT TODD AND NOT TPTB!

Curious.

TODD IS LITERALLY SHOWING YOU THE KALERGI PLAN IN ACTION AND YOU'RE MAD AT THE MESSENGER

Goldschmidt

Learned
Don't delude yourselves, fellow codexians, this game Niggerfield will get many codex votes, together with Tranny Gate 3 and Diarreablob 4 on the prestigious codex 2023 rpg ranking list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom