Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
action rpg -> action rpg
genres as in fantasy vs scifi, swords and sorcery vs gunplay
characters look even more terrible, very uncanny valley style
6873-1700086255-579162700.png

6540-1699419175-1285799792.png

6361-1699023288-715660723.png

Lemming42

Arcane
That last image is the worst thing I've seen in my life.

Speaking of the uncanny valley stuff though, it's all in the eyes. The faces are otherwise good and have a lot of points of articulation, you can see the muscles moving in people's mouths and cheeks which is really cool. It's just the weird plasticy eyes that make everyone look like an android.

Yosharian

Arcane
This shows how Bethesda can't do shit that hasn't already been done for them

Fallout already had chems and stuff so they managed to do chem storylines semi-competently in Fallout 4 (e.g. Cait)

Give them a new IP and they shit the bed
I don't think they didn't do this because they didn't know how. Like taxalot said: it is more likely they wanted to have drugs, but felt like it would be too "controversial" to implement their negative effects. Why? There is a huge issue with some new drug in America currently, so I am guessing it's a sore subject and Bethesda decided to "dodge the bullet" by sterilizing the subject matter and reducing it to "Trust me bro, it's bad for you". It makes more sense to me (despite how stupid such approach is), than them just forgetting how to do drugs semi-competently. As you said yourself, they knew how to do that kind of stuff in Fallout 4.
My point is that they do not have the talent to achieve their goals competently

You can easily make a pg-13 drugs storyline that doesn't fail this badly

Ryzer

Arcane
I can't wait for Starrim, Starblivion, Starggerfall and Starwind, the modern interpretation of old Bethesda games into the Starfield engine. It's only a matter of time until they get announced.

Gargaune

Arcane
I can't wait for Starrim, Starblivion, Starggerfall and Starwind, the modern interpretation of old Bethesda games into the Starfield engine. It's only a matter of time until they get announced.
Pfft, amateur stuff. Check this out:

It's called Skyrim and stands for the modern interpretation of Skyrim in the Skyrim engine.

Yosharian

Arcane
FO4 on survival mode is still really boring unless you're playing a highly modded game

also vanilla grenade spam from human enemies is retarded as fuck

Vic

Savant
FO4 on survival mode is still really boring unless you're playing a highly modded game
how is it boring when at early levels a stray bullet can kill you and you can only save at beds, which might've been 20 minutes ago since your last save and you start hearing enemies ahead of you

Butter

Arcane
Patron
how is it boring when at early levels a stray bullet can kill you and you can only save at beds, which might've been 20 minutes ago since your last save and you start hearing enemies ahead of you
Because enemies are still bullet sponges.

Vic

Savant
Because enemies are still bullet sponges.
are we talking about the new survival mode that was added in 2016? Because I don't remember enemies being bullet sponges, what I do remember is being killed in 2 seconds if I'm not careful even at higher levels, and as fast travel is disabled and you can only save when sleeping at a bed, it was not exactly boring. maybe re-doing the same section multiple times after getting one shotted was boring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom