Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
WHO IS STILL PLAYING STARCHADS

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WHO IS STILL PLAYING STARCHADS
desert-tumbleweed.gif

Vic

Savant
I actually still have it installed but haven't played since 9/26

I've been waiting for some kind of big patch but maybe next year

7ssc7jzj4w5c1.png

I'm curious about the "new ways of traveling".

dcorso

Barely Literate
Starfield is actually a real RPG compared to 2077. My character took Serpent Worshiper and convinced Sarah to chant an ancient incantation to convince House Va'ruun ships not to blast us out of the sky. Splitting up bribery, intimidation, and diplomacy combined with the new persuasion minigame was a great choice.

All the negative reviews are bought. I wonder why a game about using firearms to help a blonde MILF explore the galaxy for space Christians got blasted by critics...

Gargaune

Arcane
I actually still have it installed but haven't played since 9/26

I've been waiting for some kind of big patch but maybe next year

7ssc7jzj4w5c1.png

I'm curious about the "new ways of traveling".
"With our new surface vehicle, TotallyNotMako Mark 2, you will experience area transitions up to 5 times more often!"
If what people have been saying about RNG planetary plots having the same surface as Skyrim, a rover might work fine.

But I'd hope that's not what they're talking about, but rather "new ways of travelling in space." It's already technically possible to fly between planets manually, maybe the game's reviews finally scared Bethesda enough to develop some gameplay for it. Though it would be plenty of work to set up encounters and "space stuff" in all that vacuum at this point...

Oh, who am I kidding, they just mean they're gonna let you fast travel directly between quest NPCs, don't they?

Modron

Arcane
I was referring to how most types of tumbleweed are native to Russia (and Europe) and basically an invasive species in the Americas.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh, who am I kidding, they just mean they're gonna let you fast travel directly between quest NPCs, don't they?
You're not thinking outside of the box. They're going to add fast travel to quest chains... not the locations. Just click on 'complete entire quest chain' when you have an active quest. You can now instantly complete the game.

I'd call it an improvement, the less time people need to spend in this game the better.

Vic

Savant
all you Starfield haters are going to be real quiet when the "new means of travel" turns out to be seamless space flight.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You're not thinking outside of the box. They're going to add fast travel to quest chains... not the locations. Just click on 'complete entire quest chain' when you have an active quest. You can now instantly complete the game.

I'd call it an improvement, the less time people need to spend in this game the better.
Fast traveling directly from dialogue should be greeted with joy by the Codex. After all it was present in Age of Decadence :)

Lemming42

Arcane
Honestly feel kind of bad for him, but I hope the lukewarm-at-best reaction to Starfield is going to shake him and the rest of the team awake. Getting trampled by Baldur's Gate 3 at every GOTY award should help too. Ideally they'll look at what went right for Larian, look earnestly at what went wrong for them, and then make TES VI one of the best games of their entire career.

I know that what will actually happen is that the only thing they'll take from BG3's success is "we should spend half our budget on mocap" and that TES VI will suck balls and play like something from 2010 but still, hope springs eternal.

Vic

Savant
he watched too many Tarantino movies

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom