Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Turjan

Arcane
I wasn't really following this game much and only heard that it wasn't that hot. For some reason, I clicked on a video today, and it somehow left me speechless. I guess this may be old stuff to you, but it wasn't for me.

Tell me, this is a mod...

Caim

Arcane
I wasn't really following this game much and only heard that it wasn't that hot. For some reason, I clicked on a video today, and it somehow left me speechless. I guess this may be old stuff to you, but it wasn't for me.

...and when you progress the story she dies, then the universe resets and you have to romance your now alive wive all over again.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

...and when you progress the story she dies, then the universe resets and you have to romance your now alive wive all over again.

Slow down there partner, that could just barely work as a valid reason to reset the universe. This is a Bethesda game, no cleaver writing allowed.

Turjan

Arcane

Ah, so this is Bethesda's work. I wasn't really thinking about the meaning of that scene when I made my post, I was put off by the jarring delivery of the whole thing. I guess the combination of silent protagonist and absolutely inadequate animation work left me in disbelief that this is a commercial product for a moment. Good to know.

Now, I know you don't really play Bethesda games for their intricate portrayal of human relationships, but sometimes I'm reminded that some stuff should better be left out.

Caim

Arcane

Ah, so this is Bethesda's work. I wasn't really thinking about the meaning of that scene when I made my post, I was put off by the jarring delivery of the whole thing. I guess the combination of silent protagonist and absolutely inadequate animation work left me in disbelief that this is a commercial product for a moment. Good to know.

Now, I know you don't really play Bethesda games for their intricate portrayal of human relationships, but sometimes I'm reminded that some stuff should better be left out.

This is on top of Sarah not being a very pleasant or even a good person. I'd say to leave it to the modders to write a better romance companion, but a good chunk of the modders already left.

Here and elsewhere online there's a lot of talk of "content patches" but what can they actually add at this point? Substantial new content - quests, planets, dungeons - is essentially out of the question, surely? It's all just gonna be QoL shit.
More planets are the last thing the game needs, but they could add more generated points of interest. The game was profitable and they still have to make the Shattered Space DLC no matter what, AND they obviously want to sell mods, it would be strange if they just push a new main quest and that's it. Also by now we know that the engine could deal with seamless space-planet transition but it was disabled to prevent bugs. This would be the #1 thing to fix if it's possible.

Shaja

Educated
Jesus!

y270fs7gjc8c1.png

Yosharian

Arcane

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
LARPers allowed this shit company to get this far. Another reason why normies deserve the rope. I agree completely that if this had Skyrim exploration it would have been a massive hit, everything else being the same reguardless. Normies are really THAT stupid and Bestheda somehow fucked it up lmao.

quixotic

Learned
Doesn’t help that Starfield as a setting is pure dogshit. Why would you even want to explore a fictional universe that’s that dumb and shallow? They’ve relied on the foundation that was the settings of TES and Fallout as a crutch, but no such crutch exists for Shitfilled, and it shows.

Athena

Educated
Doesn’t help that Starfield as a setting is pure dogshit. Why would you even want to explore a fictional universe that’s that dumb and shallow? They’ve relied on the foundation that was the settings of TES and Fallout as a crutch, but no such crutch exists for Shitfilled, and it shows.
NASApunk was a hilariously contrived and oxymoronic term. Wow, everything looks like my dentist's office... such punk...

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
NASApunk was a hilariously contrived and oxymoronic term. Wow, everything looks like my dentist's office... such punk...
It's not that it was contrived, but the technological level they went with simply didn't fit any type of NASA esthetic.

A starship that can travel between the stars and also land on planets is way too advance for "NASApunk".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom