Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seems like Nexus Mods users have had enough of the tranny and pronoun bullshit and are voicing their disgust for them and the trannies who have overrun the place.
72IgVrB.png

LR8s7W5.png

I'll like to point out that Dark0ne used his connections with Bethesda to get Elianora, LGBTQ+ and BLM modder as well as a coal burning Fin, a consultant role for Starfield. If you are wondering why there is so many blacks and faggots in the game it may not be just ESG but Elianora's insistences that they were added into the game. It's no wonder Dark0ne is running defense for this game and all of its bullshit.
Stop screenshotting your own post, we know this game. ;)

ArchAngel

Arcane
I must admit I am rather envious of those indulging in Todd's MAGNVM OPVS but my system is starting to run its course. Would you guys be willing to support a gofundme to help build a monster machine to tackle the beast that is STARFIELD?
You can just get a 400 euro Xbox X, it works well enough there.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I must admit I am rather envious of those indulging in Todd's MAGNVM OPVS but my system is starting to run its course. Would you guys be willing to support a gofundme to help build a monster machine to tackle the beast that is STARFIELD?
Problem is gamepad aim, no thanks.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, this is funny. Every Microsoft game this generation has been pushing for accessibility, except Starfield. Todd is such a chad that he doesn't even have to follow Microsoft's internal policies.
https://www.eurogamer.net/by-micros...d-is-a-giant-leap-backwards-for-accessibility

By Microsoft's standards, Starfield is a giant leap backwards for accessibility​

Bethesda has a lot of catching up to do.
From the off, I discovered that Starfield has unintuitive UI, with menus that are cluttered yet lacking in useful information and detail. For example, when you pick up loot or a new weapon, item details don’t appear automatically, so to make an informed choice as to whether to keep what you've just found, you have to head into your inventory menu to check the details there. Traversing menus is a huge part of Starfield, from managing inventory and ammo types, through fast travelling, to reading your quest log. However it’s often frustrating to navigate and understand.

Elsewhere, combat can be tricky too. The Fallout series featured the innovative VATS targeting mechanic, in which players can pause time and target specific body parts or elements of the world while shooting. VATS enriches the game world whilst making gameplay inclusive. Its time slowing mechanic ensured disabled players did not struggle with the combat, especially when it came to the degree of precision required to manually aim at enemies during stressful real-time fights. Unfortunately, Starfield doesn’t utilise VATS or a VATS-like system. As a result, its fast-paced combat is challenging for many players to handle, especially with the added verticality and movement options gained by the boost pack.
I actually thought that was one of the charming things about the game. Another kind of exploration, known as "learning the game".

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
It works fine on my below spec <£400 gaming laptop on mostly low settings, the only issue I've had is that when I go into New Atlantis it's sometimes choppy for the first 5 or so seconds. The complaints of poor optimisation are mostly coming from people who want to run it on Ultra, which is understandable if you have a good rig and care about graphics but if you just want to play the game you don't need anything fancy.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
And this, is why we can't have unique games and everything is just a copy of a copy.
I gave it a negative for the same reason I gave a negative to BG3 - fuck pronouns, faggots & wokeness.
Despite that I'm enjoying both games a lot and expect to waste a couple hundreads hours in each.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Problem is gamepad aim, no thanks.
Only if you want to play on hardest difficulty but everyone takes way too many hits to die there so you should not want that. Starfield is not some fast twitch shooter..

Irxy

Arcane
There are no other games like Bethesda games. They are unique and nobody ever either managed or even tried to emulate them.

Everyone who claims Bethesda games are not unique should immediately post a list of other games which achieve this level of interactivity, vastness of world, number of quests (which are quite good in Starfield, BTW, not Fallout 4 level of idiocy), economy, crafting, dialog options, C&C (even if often cosmetic or poorly written) and so on.

Starfield is far from a perfect game but it has no competition from other studios. We never got a Skyrim killer, an Oblivion killer nor a Fallout killer. Pretty much the only game that could ever compete with BSG releases was Obsidian's New Vegas... and it was an overgrown DLC for Fallout 3 which used their despised Creation Engine... which might actually be the X factor of BSG's uniqueness and lack of competitors.
I wouldn't go as far as claim that nobody tried. Just out of the head, Kingdom Come and The Out Worlds devs claimed to make pretty much their visions of Bethesda games, of the older ones there are Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragon's Dogma, some others I don't recall the names of. Not direct clones, but obviously heavily inspired. And to no ones surprise, all those games are shit.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
It works fine on my below spec <£400 gaming laptop on mostly low settings, the only issue I've had is that when I go into New Atlantis it's sometimes choppy for the first 5 or so seconds. The complaints of poor optimisation are mostly coming from people who want to run it on Ultra, which is understandable if you have a good rig and care about graphics but if you just want to play the game you don't need anything fancy.
just wait for mods to improve performance. There are a few already on the nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/104

Irxy

Arcane
I personally think most planets are not empty enough

Yeah, because Mako exploration was so much fun.
For me it was. Fun is a complex thing, you don't need to WOW each time you press a button.
At the time ME1 was released that experience was new, it looked pretty and felt very atmospheric & immersive.
Also it was a secondary activity you could do whenever & wherever you wanted, or skip altogether if you were more interested in some blue ass shooting stuff and talking dialogs.

ColaWerewolf

Educated
I gave it a negative [...] I'm enjoying both games a lot and expect to waste a couple hundreads hours in each.
Fair enough, but you comitted a lie on the internet when you provided that negative feedback. In some cultures you're going to hell for that.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
btw what are the stars in the icon based on? I am slowly getting more of them, doesn't seem to correlate with level.

Untitled213.png

ropetight

Savant
Untitled.png

and heres to 6 more gorillion, oy vey! grats on the badge vic you earned it
Did they count the whole households in this?
Steam still says there was never more than 270k players at the same time.
It could be that there are 5700000 xbox players of Starfield, but if we don't see massive surge in players over this weekend, this is probably inflated number.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom