Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Mortmal

Arcane
When the normies who said cyberbug is not a real rpg at release are now making threads like this on steam starfield forum. ITS OVER.

stafieldgayfaggotx4cy5.png

I will play CP2077 when i can actually afford a new graphics card to run it at 1440p at max settings (by which time all the bugs will have been fixed and there will be a plethora of mods to install to make it *great*).

So come on AMD and sell me a 7800xt for the more realistic price of $400 USD (not including price of MOBO, CPU, RAM, new Case and PSU @ $1,600 USD to play a couple of bugged/woke/tranny nu-RPG PC games)??? *crossing fingers and praying*
you can already get a 6800xt at that price and its more than enough no ?

Ashen_Shugar

Literate
Examina would be complete and finished if they stopped adding weird details to the game. One problem with indies who can do whatever they like is that it takes a gazillion years to release because they ended creating realistic systems for cheese-making and whatever.

My point exactly. If i wanted to make cheese i can do this in the real world. If i want to be a laser gun toting badass shooting alien shit -> well that's currently not possible in the real world (short of terran/human first contact and some revolutionary weapon design). Here's where i look to a simulation PC game to satisfy that desire. Same if i wanted to be a Broadsword wielding halfling ranger/bard -> can't do that in the real world so make it happen in a CRPG and make it fun and engaging. Make me think about my character build, make me question if i've used the right tactics in combat and most importantly give me tangible options for all of the above (and make it pretty and not boring). Focus on the essentials to make it fun, but more importantly focus on making it engaging and meaningful (i.e. not vacuous/hollow) for the player

Ashen_Shugar

Literate
When the normies who said cyberbug is not a real rpg at release are now making threads like this on steam starfield forum. ITS OVER.

I will play CP2077 when i can actually afford a new graphics card to run it at 1440p at max settings (by which time all the bugs will have been fixed and there will be a plethora of mods to install to make it *great*).

So come on AMD and sell me a 7800xt for the more realistic price of $400 USD (not including price of MOBO, CPU, RAM, new Case and PSU @ $1,600 USD to play a couple of bugged/woke/tranny nu-RPG PC games)??? *crossing fingers and praying*

A 6800xt for $400 USD new? Where my good man? Certainly not on the Egg from what i can see. TBH 7800xt or 6800xt makes little diff to me (negligible diff in perf) -> would even settle for a 7700XT for that price.

Mortmal

Arcane

A 6800xt for $400 USD new? Where my good man? Certainly not on the Egg from what i can see. TBH 7800xt or 6800xt makes little diff to me (negligible diff in perf) -> would even settle for a 7700XT for that price.
Seen some 6800 at 450 euros on amazon, new. 6800 xt at 539 euros new , its probably possible to find used ones lower.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
A simple sidequest grants you the razorleaf, one of the best ship too, for nothing as well as mantis gear you will never have to upgrade, far far too easily.
that's not correct. The mantis armor does not scale with level. I did a NG+ and went for the mantis armor with my level 36 character and the random loot off spacers on the way was better than the mantis chest piece and helmet, I still kept the boostpack for the bolstering effect, but the effects are RNG too.

Starfield-9-11-2023-3-13-48-AM.png

Mortmal

Arcane
A simple sidequest grants you the razorleaf, one of the best ship too, for nothing as well as mantis gear you will never have to upgrade, far far too easily.
that's not correct. The mantis armor does not scale with level. I did a NG+ and went for the mantis armor with my level 36 character and the random loot off spacers on the way was better than the mantis chest piece and helmet, I still kept the boostpack for the bolstering effect.
I'll check again then, but everything being so easy anyway, it wont make much difference.

Ashen_Shugar

Literate
Seen some 6800 at 450 euros on amazon, new. 6800 xt at 539 euros new , its probably possible to find used ones lower.
At $539 for 68XT -> will probably hold out for the 78XT to come back in stock and maybe wait for price drops. TBH need to upgrade my whole system and its going to be expensive so trying to budget (within reason) where i can. Consensus amongst enthusiasts is for 77XT to settle at sub $400. Therefore hoping beyond hope for 78XT to come down to ~ $400 but know its not likely (so feel free to count as a shitpost).

Vic

Savant
I'll check again then, but everything being so easy anyway, it wont make much difference.
It makes a difference on New Game+ because enemies and gear keep scaling to your level.
Should have rushed to NG+ then, there's absolutely no challenge now, melt ships easily too.
Well, scaling is the same for normal game and NG+, maybe you can try playing on Very Hard if you aren't doing so already. I enjoy the combat on Normal, because like ArchAngel said, I'm playing for the RPG elements. But I will be replaying once the equivalent of a survival mode for FO4 comes out, where you and enemies can die in one hit.

Vic

Savant
Just beat NG+ (minor NG+ spoilers): You can skip the whole main quest if you tell them what the artifacts mean and then you just have to collect 5 artifacts in random locations (each time random) and you can already go to the final showdown. It was kind of a waste rushing it in this way because I just got 3 levels, and it took me probably around 2 hours for the whole run.

Now I have started what is basically NG+2, and this is the universe where I will keep playing, doing all the quests etc. because now I have already seen the ending... twice.

This is the Unity, some kind of center of everything, that you've been working towards reaching by gathering all the artifacts and defeating you competitors, the Starborn.

Starfield-9-11-2023-4-22-14-AM.png

In the Unity you meet...yourself. Or something that looks like you, anyway. It doesn't tell you anything, really. This is the Unity, it's nowhere and everywhere at the same time, yada yada.

Starfield-9-11-2023-4-23-09-AM.png

You actually get a choice, after you've been here to just go back, and continue playing, and then come back anytime you want to restart. Some of the other members of your team, Constellation, are coming with you to the Unity, though you never see them aboard the ship or inside the Unity itself. If you do decide to go back, you will find that all members who decided to go came back with you together, and you can get some nice dialogue from them. "Man, we all decided to come back, huh? Come on, we have to go for realz this time!" It's a nice touch, and allows you to keep playing with them until you're REALLY ready to go.
I'm not gonna scream woke, but does this think look like a female egg, and you're supposed to be a little sperm quivering infront of it? Well, anyway, inside we go.

Starfield-9-11-2023-4-24-09-AM.png

We get a little cutscene that slowly zooms out from our galaxy...

Starfield-9-11-2023-4-24-53-AM.png

And then we see what is supposed to be the universe, or the multiverse? Something like that.

Starfield-9-11-2023-4-25-56-AM.png

And then the credits roll, which you can skip after a few seconds, presumably after everything is done loading.

Starfield-9-11-2023-4-26-29-AM.png

And, we're back on the Starborn Guardian. We've lost all our posessions and are ready to start anew, incrementally increasing our autistic superpowers...

Starfield-9-11-2023-4-27-27-AM.png

The End... for this universe, at least,

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You're just jaded old fuck, it's absolutely a better version of Oblivion.
Ohhh the bugs are fun,but the game is worst than oblivion in every aspect. I still remember quests and guild stories from the game,while here i forget them while doing them. It is the worst game from bathesda for sure. I am even surprised at how bad it is. I expected them to course correct since it took them 10 years to make.

Vic

Savant
You're just jaded old fuck, it's absolutely a better version of Oblivion.
Ohhh the bugs are fun,but the game is worst than oblivion in every aspect. I still remember quests and guild stories from the game,while here i forget them while doing them. It is the worst game from bathesda for sure. I am even surprised at how bad it is. I expected them to course correct since it took them 10 years to make.
try stealing something in New Apelantis and get a bounty, and then get arrested by security, you will start the Crimson Fleet questline which is supposedly (idk haven't done many quests because I find them all boring, in all bethesda games) the best questline in the game.

Vic

Savant
the only quests I remember from oblivion is where you go inside the painting and the one where you play murder mystery in a locked house (dark brotherhood?), morrowind had 10x better quests and it had shit quests

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom