Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

ind33d

Learned
radiant AI was present in oblivion until very late in development. there have to be parts of starfield's code that show remnants of better procedural generation and walking from planet tile to planet tile, right? it looks like they just added invisible walls because of a memory leak

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Does your character always look like this moron or does it at least resemble the character the player actually makes?
he looks like the player's character. I went with this guy because he looked the least ugly from the preset ones

Starfield-9-1-2023-12-09-51-PM.png

Vic

Savant
radiant AI was present in oblivion until very late in development. there have to be parts of starfield's code that show remnants of better procedural generation and walking from planet tile to planet tile, right? it looks like they just added invisible walls because of a memory leak
to be honest you have to be an autist if you actually manage to reach one of those invisible walls

ColaWerewolf

Educated
You're just jaded old fuck, it's absolutely a better version of Oblivion.
Ohhh the bugs are fun,but the game is worst than oblivion in every aspect. I still remember quests and guild stories from the game,while here i forget them while doing them. It is the worst game from bathesda for sure. I am even surprised at how bad it is. I expected them to course correct since it took them 10 years to make.
Maybe you just like the dnd setting more and don't like chilling in space. I don't remember any quests or guild stories except that you clown on Mannimarco in the mage's guild one and the Fighter's guild has generic mercs suckling on argonian hive-tree cum to get stronger. The DB one was supposed to be the best one but I thought it was just kind of dumb narrative-wise. I am not saying Oblivion doesn't have its charm because it does and the province itself is beautiful, but if you like sci fi, building your own ship, and completing odd jobs like a stellar gypsy-for-hire this game delivers.

Vic

Savant
starfield has also the best scaling from any previous game. In morrowind you become OP pretty early on and one shot golden saints while doing a 360 in mid air. In oblivion the scaling is just fucked up. In Skyrim there are caps to stats and it's also easy too become OP. Fallout 4 started to improve by introducing stuff like legendary deathclaws (skyrim had it too but only with dragons which are rare encounters iirc), but it was still a pretty small map. Starfield took scaling from the diablos and looter shooters and I think it works if you like ARPGs. But the biggest flaw so far is lack of set pieces. The items are boring and generic. How they can release a looter shooter and basically have absolute abyssmal loot table I can't understand.

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
try stealing something in New Apelantis and get a bounty, and then get arrested by security, you will start the Crimson Fleet questline which is supposedly (idk haven't done many quests because I find them all boring, in all bethesda games) the best questline in the game.

You are shilling the ever living fuck outta this game and already on NG+ and yet you've not completed any of the quest lines? You apparently are an actual retard so everyone leaving you the 'tard tag are right on point. You just rushed the main quest line to NG+ and walked around the shitty proc-gen'd planets and are here singing the praises of Negrofield™? Wear that Bethestard tag proudly buddy, you've earned it...

Vic

Savant
You are shilling the ever living fuck outta this game and already on NG+ and yet you've not completed any of the quest lines? You apparently are an actual retard so everyone leaving you the 'tard tag are right on point. You just rushed the main quest line to NG+ and walked around the shitty proc-gen'd planets and are here singing the praises of Negrofield? Wear that Bethestard tag buddy, you've earned it...
yeah fucktard bethesda quests are all boring shit, so what? I don't play them for the awesome writing fuck off newfag I see the negative hype around this game has given smoothbrains the balls to come in here and shit all over the game go and fuck yourself, don't like the game don't play it and I'm not shilling but sharing my experiences with the game and correcting fake statements made by haters

and no, my first playthrough was probably around 50 hours (I estimate), tho the save file showed 80 hours because I THINK it keeps counting if you alt+tab out, tho not sure on that, might be 80 tbh. What I did was explore the procedural generation, some of the crafting and outpost building etc. basically the game's systems. I knew from the beginning that bethesda writing is shit so I didn't bother. I did some quests which sounded interesting and they were good, I was actually surprised by the choice & consequence they have given them this time, but it makes sense if they want you to do several playthroughs with NG+

also my character is level 39 now so fuck off saying I haven't played the game cocksucker, show me your faggy level 6 character still stuck in negro town.

Last edited:

ColaWerewolf

Educated
Vic can have fun with the game and play however he wants, the only thing I don't get is why he's playing as a mongol and saying there's no better presets.

Starfield-Character-Creation-Personnel-Record-3.jpg
Starfield-Character-Creation-Personnel-Record-37.jpg
Starfield-Character-Creation-Personnel-Record-33.jpg

Vic

Savant
Just checked, my mantis armor still on top, nothing i loot is better. And by the way , that ryujin industry quest line is so boring.
it depends on the level, I think mantis armour is good until around level 30, but from 30+ it should get outscaled by random items.

ryujin quest line? haven't done that one, not sure why you bring it up.

Vic

Savant
Noo, it's all randomized. I got softlocked in my NG+2 run where there were kids inside Constellation and had to start again (couldn't open inventory, couldn't save), and now they're back to normal :cry:

DeepOcean

Arcane
This is the most generic, sterile game I have seen since pillows of eternity.

Everything is as inoffensive as possible. The shooting feels worse than the previous Fallout title, given what little entertainment it had from turning your enemies into a red mist is absent from this game.

If I ever need a sleep aid I now have the choice between cottonfield or pillows of eternity.
You gave me ideas for matresses trademarks.

Cottonfield: It just works sleeping among the stars.

Pillows of Eternity: Count xaurips before a balanced sleep.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ohhh the bugs are fun,but the game is worst than oblivion in every aspect. I still remember quests and guild stories from the game,while here i forget them while doing them. It is the worst game from bathesda for sure. I am even surprised at how bad it is. I expected them to course correct since it took them 10 years to make.
Nah, FO4 is much worse.

Vic

Savant
Nah, FO4 is much worse.
Absolutely, big improvement over FO4 quests, I can't remember a single one from that game, maybe the one where you find a super mutant researcher living in the glow. FO4 is clearly more gameplay focused than their previous games, which SF is too, but with much better quests (from what I've seen at least so far).

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Just to be clear.. this entire thread is just the codex laughing and shitting on Starfield.. and Vic nervously spamming screenshots on his potato rig with all settings set to lowest - trying to defend the game, with his weird asian hobo character.

Huh.. interesting timeline..

Vic

Savant
Just to be clear.. this entire thread is just the codex laughing and shitting on Starfield.. and Vic nervously spamming screenshots on his potato rig with all settings set to lowest - trying to defend the game, with his weird asian hobo character.
p good summary, but my rig is fairly good just the graphics card is the oldest part, I can play Cyberpunk on ultra, but with Starfield I'm getting really low fps so decided to play on low settings.

edit: just found out the storage container in your room at the Lodge has infinite storage capacity.

Last edited:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
This game looks terrible and it doesn't have any of the features you'd expect from a massive AAA title in 2023. No ray tracing, no DLSS, no HDR, and the colors look dull and grey like you are viewing everything through gauze. On top of this, it runs like shit on NVIDIA cards. The engine is also the same janky Creation engine that they've been using forever, so this shit still feels like Skyrim.

Instantly regretted buying this shit for full-price, but I got caught up in the hype.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom