Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Everyone's shitting on this
not everyone, I think for 80% they pretty much 50/50 either love it or hate it. The remaining 20% are somewhere between love and hate. Just based off looking at recent metacritic user scores. but the game's bad performance has a lot to do with the negative reviews. for many it keeps constantly crashing.
Huh? I'm talking about the reactions to the review, not the game.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I grabbed the Mark 1 suit from the constellation basement through the gaps in the case, twice the stats of any other suit I've seen since.
thanks for the reminder, I grabbed it too, kind of hilarious that you can do it. Tho at level 39 even shop items are better now.

Starfield-9-11-2023-12-02-35-PM.png

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
So I pissed all over the Ryujin Industries questline, and rightly so as it was an awful series of fetch quests and you are a glorified corpo errand boy. It also ended with one of the worst "stealth" missions in recent videogame history. Just an all around awful experience and every single person in charge was an HR lady dyke haired turbo bitch. So major decline.

However--- Crimson Fleet? Makes up for it bigly. THAT was a fun quest line for the most part. There was still some filler of being purposefully sent between systems just to pad the time with loading screens but it was minimal. The story was actually interesting and the missions were not just rehashed errand boy shit. It also had an ending with a fairly epic space battle to cap it off. I can't say anything bad about it and it cancels out the awful garbage that was Ryujin.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Spent $1 for 2 weeks of Game Pass to try this thing and I feel robbed. It's the most boring piece of shit I've played in years, and I'm not gonna suffer through 10+ hours to see if it gets better. Fuck this game

Vic

Savant
I went with this guy because he looked the least ugly from the preset ones
Did you not realize that you can customize your character's appearance at the beginning of the game? Not to mention the various Enhance clinics that can alter the PC's appearance. :M
can't be bothered, it's a first person game ffs. I usually always play these games with a preset and don't bother customizing. Also I'm quite happy with my choice, Asian long haired dude named Jimbo :lol:

Self-Ejected
For the liberal faggots, trannies and women (maybe?) still waiting on you to answer the question about why blacks are so prominent in leadership positions in this game when currently they're at the bottom of every intelligence, education, economic metric?

Megs will be in here saying dumb woman (or tranny) shit about how "triggered" bros get but she will never answer my questions and stick with low IQ drive by comments
I'd be okay with a bunch of black NPCs in important roles if it didn't mean that white NPCs have to be shafted and turned into a minority presence of exclusively evil and stupid characters unless they're female or gay. Same as with female protags.

A strong female protag would be fine if it didn't mean that the male characters have to be turned into drooling dweebs every single time it happens.

It never feels natural anymore, always feels forced and it's never just a black or female character being a leader, it's a black or female character being a leader and getting constantly contrasted with moronic white characters, mostly male.
Is not entirely true tho people exagerate the le
ader of the free star collective is white. The counsel in Neon is vastly with white people. The Mars city i forget the name have a white leader i could go on and on the ceo of Paradise is also white. And i can go on and on. New Atlantis is the city with a black leader.
You forgot about the UCS fleet commander who is black. New Atlantis is like California, I guess. Also, it's a very inconvenient city, with far too much walking and horrible performance. On the other hand, Akila is like Texas, with a far-western tone and much easier access to ammo and weapon shops, far more enjoyable place. The design is completely disjointed and lacks direction, featuring a bit of everything but executed poorly compare to the original and obviously no new ideas of their own.
Pedestrians seems to be like i said beforehand their own entity. I know the scanning of them was commissioned to a third part. In fact if you notice they are low poly have no specular maps in their texture and low def normals as well. I guess beth used that as a work around to create crowds now is very clear that this third party that was asked to do this did a piss poor job.

It is the case with new atlantis but that seems an isolated case. Dosn't truly help the fact that new atlantis is also the place with the most pedestrians generated.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This game has even less exploration then their previous games. Just like NMS s first release all planets have some kind of """""abondoned""""" base, forgetten """mine""" or settlers. What am I going to expolre? My true self and inner beauty???????

Self-Ejected
now is very clear that this third party that was asked to do this did a piss poor job.
oh sure, not bethesda's fault at all, they didn't even bother to play test their game and just shipped it, stitching all the outsourced parts together with their eyes closed.... not really.
No it IS bethesda fault. They released the game like this sooo.....

Vic

Savant
This game has even less exploration then their previous games. Just like NMS s first release all planets have some kind of """""abondoned""""" base, forgetten """mine""" or settlers. What am I going to expolre? My true self and inner beauty???????
do some quests, join a faction, or continue with the main quest...

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did you not realize that you can customize your character's appearance at the beginning of the game? Not to mention the various Enhance clinics that can alter the PC's appearance. :M
can't be bothered, it's a first person game ffs. I usually always play these games with a preset and don't bother customizing. Also I'm quite happy with my choice, Asian long haired dude named Jimbo :lol:
Not bad. Missed opportunity for Qiu Lang, but you can't win 'em all.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I think the outpost system is mostly vestigial.

Maybe hackers/data miners digging into the game files will confirm that it was scaled down or DLC comes out fleshing it out thus confirming it, but it definitely does feel like they rushed it out.

It seems like a step down from Fallout 4 in this regard because you have about 8 different hab types total, can't build interior walls, can't build exterior staircases to for example manually access stacked containers on top (yeah I know there's a jetpack, but come on, also high gravity worlds exist) and can't hire/rent NPCs a place for a store (or rent them space for a mining op or other business where they pay your spess jew ass rent gold).

On top of that they decided they want actual logistics and linking input/output modules, but did not implement basic QOL features like filtering/gating input/output or need freighters to be fueled both ways (why? just reduce payload space if only one site has He3 fed into the refueling tank on the interlink pad, also this could use some toggle to send the freighter only if the cargo is full). So the whole thing might end up getting clogged because you used up all titanium, and no new titanium is getting sent by the interstellar link as the left behind space is clogged up by the lead or other metal also going on the same transport. And this isn't factorio where you can see the belt half empty or jammed and easily determine where the problem is (and where you do get a lot of options to filter and split resources outputs easily).

Besides the jump range extension and kind of making crafting easier, the only rewards for outpost autism is doing "link-up" radiant quests (made much more cumbersome due to the lack of filtering), the bulk order jobs from shipyards for extra cash (I mean if you anyway have 2k nickel lying around in your oversized storage, resources at least easily pile-up) and mass selling of manufactured crap for cash.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
So the multiverse thing is kind of like time travel too, huh? I guess a DLC to travel to the Serpent's Crusade or something along those lines would be cool.

Just found there's a museum in the MAST building, in the basement, they send you there if you decide to join the UC Vanguard. Some interesting stuff there about the history of humans.

They also say that they actually managed to evacuate every person from Earth and land them on Jamison (New Atlantis)... Funniliy tho I checked in all the offices in the MAST building (the biiig building in the center) and the higher ups for the UC there seem to be white.... Their president is a woman tho, but might just be a figurehead.

Last edited:
Todd mentioned that they didn't want the player to worry about fuel because it didn't add anything to the game. I think the outpost line about refueling your ship is just flavor for the actual fuel system (an amount that limits how far you can gravity jump to)

Vic

Savant
Mechs have been outlawed after the Colony Wars, but I feel like they aren't just in the game for show... this would be a perfect compromise to a land vehicle added in a future DLC.

Starfield-9-11-2023-2-20-38-PM.png

Hellraiser

Arcane

Maybe some of the POIs are tied to planet type (or it's just bethesda switching the POI pool based on character/system level), as I saw at least one case of a random POI that might be tied to a specific type of planet/moon that I never saw before, which already would make it better than no man's scam's everything spawning everywhere approach (besides NMS on foot gameplay being even worse than bethpizda's bullet sponge shootan with retarded AI). It looked like an offshore oil platform (I think the implication was the frozen moon I was on had a subsurface ocean like Europa and unstable surface). This was in a random landing spot, not a pre-generated one visible from the system map. And surprisingly it did not involve spacers or pirates, so exploring it was decent.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:nocountryforshitposters:

He likes the game,did you expect a double digit iq?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom